StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Number of maps in the Zone?
Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 5:14

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 5:04

» A Walk Through StalkerSoup - both parts updated for minor additions
Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 20:14

» Voronin call in
Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 3 Aug 2020 - 11:31

» A Walk Through StalkerSoup - Part Two updated to game version 1.1.0019.1
Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 2 Aug 2020 - 8:03

» Info Portions list updated
Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 1 Aug 2020 - 20:15

» Generators Transition
Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeby pchester Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 10:08

» NPCs & Making Friends
Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 25 Jul 2020 - 6:30

August 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Gray's PDA I_vote_lcapGray's PDA I_voting_barGray's PDA I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Sword2012
CPTJack
Statistics
We have 1042 registered users
The newest registered user is svyatagor

Our users have posted a total of 10433 messages in 1376 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Gray's PDA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artyom
Experienced

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Gray's PDA   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeMon 19 Aug 2019 - 21:58

I' m following mostly pchester guide and i'm in the part where we find the mercenary. Guide tells i'll receive a prompt for that quest, but the only thing new is a talk with Sakharov for a expedition on X-10, any tips?
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Ash's Gray's pdas   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeTue 20 Aug 2019 - 0:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I' m following mostly pchester guide and i'm in the part where we find the mercenary. Guide tells i'll receive a prompt for that quest, but the only thing new is a talk with Sakharov for a expedition on X-10, any tips?
You could take your MO up the road from Yantar to Wild Territory, or down it if in Rostock towards Yantar. Then if you have Army Binoculars you can spy out the high bank on the stretch of road beyond the fiery underpass and if red rectangles appear use a grenade launcher or lob grenades up there. Sometimes mercs or bandits are just off the road, if no one shows cut up the bank and see. Where Gray should appear will have a semi-transparent grey circle showing his location. Good hunting.

Experienced

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gray's PDA   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeTue 20 Aug 2019 - 0:56

No, i'm asking because in pChester guide, after you kill gray and take his PDA, you get a prompt advancing the quest. In my case, after killing the mercenary and grabbing the PDA, i didn't get the message, but Sakharov starts talking about a team of ecologists who go to radar and disappeared.

I wanted to know if it's the corrent sequence, don't wanna broken quests ^^
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gray's PDA   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeTue 20 Aug 2019 - 10:21

No, i'm asking because in pChester guide, after you kill gray and take his PDA, you get a prompt advancing the quest. In my case, after killing the mercenary and grabbing the PDA, i didn't get the message, but Sakharov starts talking about a team of ecologists who go to radar and disappeared.

I wanted to know if it's the corrent sequence, don't wanna broken quests ^^

Yes, that is the correct sequence as I understand it. I can't remember if I got the "talk to the scientists" prompt in my current game, but in my task list is a task to Find someone who knows of the missing team. This has sub-tasks:
- Find the Mercenary who knows of the missing team
- Find Gray the mercenary
- Talk with the ecologists

The 'mercenary' is Ara, whom you kill after following the informant in Army Warehouses. You then find Gray, then talk to Sak who is the leader of the ecologists.

There are diary entries in your personal log under the Search for the missing Ecologists heading, which help to give some background.
Back to top Go down
Artyom
Experienced

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gray's PDA   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeTue 20 Aug 2019 - 14:23

Thanks Pchester, then i'll go on with the quest : )
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Gray or Grey   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2019 - 10:31

Above post:

Hi pchester, Afaik, Gray is the name of the mercenary for which a semi-transparent circle appears until he is killed. But Arnie mentions a Grey being related to Backwater. In Backwater there is a larger circle but despite long searching including gaining some goodies in the underground area, I couldn't find a trigger to remove the circle. Please let me know more about this, whether Grey and Gray are the same NPCs, and to locate the trigger to remove the circle please? Many thanks, and Best Wishes, TrueB.

pchester

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gray's PDA   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2019 - 21:23

Hi pchester, Afaik, Gray is the name of the mercenary for which a semi-transparent circle appears until he is killed. But Arnie mentions a Grey being related to Backwater. In Backwater there is a larger circle but despite long searching including gaining some goodies in the underground area, I couldn't find a trigger to remove the circle. Please let me know more about this, whether Grey and Gray are the same NPCs, and to locate the trigger to remove the circle please? Many thanks, and Best Wishes, TrueB.

Hi TrueB.
Yes, 'Gray' is the NPC involved in the Missing Ecologists task and (AFAIK) 'Grey' is someone else.

I don't remember Arnie mentioning Grey, but I am not really interested in the arena so I have to admit I seldom talk to him. I have seen the 'Grey' reference in Backwater, but I have never found anyone or anything there. I assume that it is either a reference left over from one of the original mods, or something planned for a later addition to StalkerSoup.

I don't know of any way to remove the location marker because (again, afaik) there is no task or action that the game will recognise as an instruction to remove it. It doesn't do any harm, so I just ignore it and move on.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gray's PDA   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2019 - 21:42

I always seem to find grey at the end of Wild territory before entering yantar, but he shows up way before I even start the mission related to him.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gray's PDA   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2019 - 23:32

I always seem to find grey at the end of Wild territory before entering yantar, but he shows up way before I even start the mission related to him.

In my games, Gray appears
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Grey in Backwater   Gray's PDA Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2019 - 10:57

Above post:

Thanks for your feedback, pchester. I think the circle in Backwater doesn't appear unless Arnie has been spoken to. Last time I played through in version 1.10018 iirc, there was no circle and MO didn't talk to Arnie who was in the entrance to the Arena then. But this time in 1.10019, Arnie was leaning against the wall in the bar, so I always speak to everyone for in level 1, info can come even from those on sentry duty such as Dutyers.
I didn't find Grey but there were some very nice goodies, in the circle. It could be another quest ie that Grey might be elsewhere perhaps in need of rescue. TB is going over the Levels 1 to 3, so perhaps he has something new in mind. My MO doesn't use the Rostock Arena as he prefers a wager elsewhere. Best Wishes, TrueB.

Gray's PDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gray's PDA   Gray's PDA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gray's PDA
Page 1 of 1