StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Number of maps in the Zone?
Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 5:14

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 5:04

» A Walk Through StalkerSoup - both parts updated for minor additions
Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 20:14

» Voronin call in
Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 3 Aug 2020 - 11:31

» A Walk Through StalkerSoup - Part Two updated to game version 1.1.0019.1
Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 2 Aug 2020 - 8:03

» Info Portions list updated
Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 1 Aug 2020 - 20:15

» Generators Transition
Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeby pchester Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 10:08

» NPCs & Making Friends
Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 25 Jul 2020 - 6:30

August 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Weapons descriptions I_vote_lcapWeapons descriptions I_voting_barWeapons descriptions I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Weapons descriptions I_vote_lcapWeapons descriptions I_voting_barWeapons descriptions I_vote_rcap 
Sword2012
CPTJack
Statistics
We have 1042 registered users
The newest registered user is svyatagor

Our users have posted a total of 10433 messages in 1376 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Weapons descriptions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master
TrueB

Weapons descriptions Empty
PostSubject: Weapons descriptions   Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2019 - 13:31

When acquiring weapons in this game, 4 aspects seem important generally about what they take: type of ammo, and whether a suppressor, sight, and/or underbarrel grenade launcher, can be fitted; if so, the add-ons' game names help.
Descriptions of the weapons as to their capabilities and drawbacks are naturally helpful, eg distance eg sniper rifles, recoil assault, and who in the game can repair/upgrade them.
Last but not least some info on them as weapons. It is a lot to fit in the space given. 
The ammo and weight are already given so please consider putting the add-ons too at the top or base of other comments?

Master
TrueB

PostSubject: Weapon descriptions   Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 16:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Previous post:

Imo it would be very helpful if the format for all weapons to put weight and ammo first, where applicable for the latter; followed by whether the add-ons of underbarrel attachment eg shotgun, grenade launcher, suppressors, and sights, can all be attached and where they can be: the actual attachment available in the game, please.
Details of the weapon's history are interesting but I submit that the above in the same location per description help for checking against any in MO's inventory or stashes, to avoid multiple purchases of the same items where stashed. I generally ensure my loadout for MO has firearms with attachments on. Then only remove them according to his needs.

kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Weapons descriptions   Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 23:06

TrueB wrote:

Hi TrueB, you will be very pleased to hear that I am editing all the weapons dialogs under the tutelage of Sword2012. We have agreed on a Template that will be as follows:
• AMMUNITION:
• MAGAZINE CAPACITY:
• FIRE MODES: semi-auto, full-auto, etc.
• RATE OF FIRE: rounds per minute
• EFFECTIVE RANGE: maximum effective range, based on caliber, barrel length, accuracy
• ATTACHMENTS: e.g., scopes, suppressors, grenade launchers, under-barrel shotguns
• EXPLOSIVES: grenades launched by the grenade launcher
<space>
NARRATIVE, history, intended use, etc.

I think you will be pleased by the result. Editing is a tedious process, but well worth it. I've been working on arsenal_mod.xml for a little over a month, and it's about 80% done. Gave me a new appreciation for Sword2012 and his dialogue improvement team's effort. When I'm done, it will be send to Sword for final review, editing, and "polishing".

Sword and I personally like the narratives, adds a bit of backstory and interest to the game.

Master
TrueB

PostSubject: Weapon Descriptions   Weapons descriptions Icon_minitimeSat 21 Sep 2019 - 0:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Previous post:

Hi kd6dm, yours and Swords formula is the best as it touches all bases. Re the narratives once I have the operational data, I too enjoy knowing some background even if in the case of the at least one fantasy gun, imagination helps too. Though it would perhaps be arduous, the manufacturer's website would quickly take the gamer to be able to find out more. 

I have noticed that some of the firearms mention attachments that don't seem to be in the game and are not afaik common to many other firearms. Perhaps until TB has time to organise the making of such, some such attachments could in the interim be generic.

There are also some attachments that just don't seem to fit the guns they are supposed to, and some that I haven't been able to spawn any guns they might fit.
Some of the weapons in the game eg from informant do not seem to be in the spawn menus either. However, I am so happy you are doing this task as with your tenacity and Sword's wealth of game dialogue experience, the task is definitely in the best pair of hands,

PostSubject: Re: Weapons descriptions   Weapons descriptions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapons descriptions
Page 1 of 1