STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 announced
by WhiteWolf Today at 12:55

» Various suggestions and criticisms.
by Ikaruss Today at 7:44

» Killing the bandit leader and his scum...
by WhiteWolf Yesterday at 20:00

» Using artefact recipe
by pchester Yesterday at 19:00

» Can't get out of the Labyrinth...
by WhiteWolf Yesterday at 10:08

» Zahar and Fox quest completion problem
by Ikaruss Yesterday at 7:13

» Arena bug, and Duty exo upgrade
by kaplumbaga Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 19:33

» Does anyone know where the 'Baldy - kill the traitor' target is?
by kaplumbaga Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 10:46

January 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf

Ikaruss

Sword2012

pchester

td3005

Statistics
We have 674 registered users
The newest registered user is swindial

Our users have posted a total of 7842 messages in 973 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

How is the main playthrough since 10 months ago?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shipss45
Novice

PostSubject: How is the main playthrough since 10 months ago?   Sun 6 Jan 2019 - 8:56

I finished the game as best as possible using the Plesskyn guides in early 2018. As always with Soup I have the itch to replay and wondering if much has changed since then?

Also I have never played the collector modes is that something I would look forward too having completed the main mod story? Are they a continuation or standalone? I don't have any saves from part 1 and part 2 of story (Plesskyn guide).
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: How is the main playthrough since 10 months ago?   Sun 6 Jan 2019 - 11:26

I know what you mean. There is so much in this game, every time I reach the end I can't wait to start it again.

I would certainly advise playing the full game from start to end. TecnoBacon, Aleks, Sword and others have been continuing their hard work to improve the game (Sword's dialogue improvements are a prime example) and to develop the story further. There are still bugs and crashes - the former due to the sheer complexity of the game, and the latter I think mainly due to the creaking 32-bit engine. This is all being worked on, and IMO the game is improving with every patch.

If you enjoyed Kostya's quests, you will enjoy the Collector hunts. There are some new unique weapons and artefacts to find, and some tough enemies to fight. It also introduces you to a lot of new maps. The Collector level leads smoothly into the Storm level, and further levels will eventually follow that.
Back to top Go down
shipss45
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How is the main playthrough since 10 months ago?   Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 9:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I know what you mean. There is so much in this game, every time I reach the end I can't wait to start it again.

I would certainly advise playing the full game from start to end. TecnoBacon, Aleks, Sword and others have been continuing their hard work to improve the game (Sword's dialogue improvements are a prime example) and to develop the story further. There are still bugs and crashes - the former due to the sheer complexity of the game, and the latter I think mainly due to the creaking 32-bit engine. This is all being worked on, and IMO the game is improving with every patch.

If you enjoyed Kostya's quests, you will enjoy the Collector hunts. There are some new unique weapons and artefacts to find, and some tough enemies to fight. It also introduces you to a lot of new maps. The Collector level leads smoothly into the Storm level, and further levels will eventually follow that.

Hey! You helped me out with a file fix last year thanks again. I like what I hear but I'm still confused once I finish the main story am I able to keep everything into collector mode? Or is it a fresh start?
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: How is the main playthrough since 10 months ago?   Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 10:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hey! You helped me out with a file fix last year thanks again. I like what I hear but I'm still confused once I finish the main story am I able to keep everything into collector mode? Or is it a fresh start?

You can play Collector level either as a continuation of the main story or as a stand-alone game. If you continue the main story (as most of us do) you arrive in Cordon just like any other transition, with all your stuff intact.

Note: Some NPCs that you met earlier in the game are not present in the Collector level, as they weren't in the original Collector mod. Of course it is possible that we may meet them again later as TecnoBacon develops the story...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is the main playthrough since 10 months ago?   

Back to top Go down

How is the main playthrough since 10 months ago?
Page 1 of 1