STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Two names for Warehouses location?
by TrueB Yesterday at 15:10

» dead city last day
by kaplumbaga Yesterday at 10:31

» Installation Problem
by runecheese30 Tue 19 Mar 2019 - 22:48

» Watchdog alert reason 747
by ObiWanCannabis Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 19:54

» A tip for new players (and a reminder for us oldies!) - unique items
by TrueB Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 11:59

» Arnie going crazy...
by TrueB Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 4:58

» Find the Flesh for Hog
by kaplumbaga Sun 17 Mar 2019 - 11:30

» Various suggestions and criticisms...
by td3005 Sat 16 Mar 2019 - 20:03

March 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB

Sword2012

runecheese30

ObiWanCannabis

td3005

kaplumbaga

Statistics
We have 717 registered users
The newest registered user is Anatol pl

Our users have posted a total of 8282 messages in 1025 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 23:03

can't find  Recon transition where it is suppose to be. frenchman is dead, Entered the labyrinth and found the first and 2nd bubble, but no recon trans in the NW corner of the map. What am I missing. Have not found the casket and the other item. Is the my problem?
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 10:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
can't find  Recon transition where it is suppose to be. frenchman is dead, Entered the labyrinth and found the first and 2nd bubble, but no recon trans in the NW corner of the map. What am I missing. Have not found the casket and the other item. Is the my problem?

Yes, the casket is the start of the sequence leading up to getting the Recon transition...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 15:55

thanks PC.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 21:23

Talked to miner and gave him casket, have to find safe, talked to Sid about being a Monolithian. How do I change into one. No response from Sid.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Sun 6 Jan 2019 - 10:58

Talked to miner and gave him casket, have to find safe, talked to Sid about being a Monolithian. How do I change into one. No response from Sid.

I assume that you mean you gave the Casket to Adrenaline.

After talking to the Miner you should have a new task: "Find the Code". Do you have this task? When you next speak to Sid, there should be a dialogue option: "Sid, I need to discuss something with you."

Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 1:07

You are correct about all of the above. Find code is done, safe delivered to miner done, deliver order to Sid done. Still no Recon transition.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 9:53

You are correct about all of the above. Find code is done, safe delivered to miner done, deliver order to Sid done. Still no Recon transition.

Have you also completed the other steps?
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 12:44

LaHavre...OK. I had no clue.

EDIT: After finding Fang's killer (LeHavre) is a nothing burger. LeHavre and Miner are a "see you, my friend". I have no task to perform. Should I kill him and all his men, anyway? Miner has the safe and tells me to complete my investigation. Must be Fang's killer.

I think I found my BIG mistake. Wayback in the game, I mistakenly teleported to the Recon. Although I spoke to no one, is it possible, just being there makes the Recon transition unavailable? You been so helpful and I hate for you to wreck your brain for my stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 16:41

I think I found my BIG mistake. Wayback in the game, I mistakenly teleported to the Recon. Although I spoke to no one, is it possible, just being there makes the Recon transition unavailable?

You should never ESC + F2 teleport to an area you've not yet reached, or 'earned' as far as the game's logic is concerned. Even if it's just to see what it's like. Because it creates all kinds of unforgiving weird...

I think your best bet is to earn another legal way into Recon, just so the game can log it as valid...

Last edited by Sword2012 on Wed 9 Jan 2019 - 0:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 16:49

It is possible that you triggered something by going there too early, but I don't think it would prevent you from getting the transition in the normal way.

It sounds as if you are almost there, but you have a few steps still to do. I assume that you did LeHavre's mission in X-10 and then ran out of options. It can be confusing, but you need to check for a new entry in your diary under the "Search for Fang's Killers" heading - I think it is called "LeHavre: continued...". This will tell you what to do next.

EDIT: I agree fully with what Sword says above. Stalkersoup is very linear at times, and doing things in the wrong order can make the game think you have completed something when you haven't.

Also don't rely too heavily on game guides, Stalkersoup is still being developed, and the story is often tweaked to improve balance or just to make more sense. There are many instances where the guides are now out of date or just plain wrong.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 21:15

LeHavre: continued...". This will tell you what to do next. Yes, I saw Freeman & gave LeHavre his just rewards. No transition or additional dialogue. Please tell me there are additional steps. Don't want to restart the game for a 9th time. I'm 75 years old and I don't have much time left. Completing this game is on my bucket list. LOL
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Wed 9 Jan 2019 - 13:19

LeHavre: continued...". This will tell you what to do next. Yes, I saw Freeman & gave LeHavre his just rewards. No transition or additional dialogue. Please tell me there are additional steps. Don't want to restart the game for a 9th time. I'm 75 years old and I don't have much time left. Completing this game is on my bucket list. LOL

I just replayed it and it is either MO's final line of dialogue or LeHavre's actual death that triggers the Miner to have the Recon dialogue. (I teleported to Miner just before the final talk to LeHavre - no dialogue. Teleported immediately after killing him and Miner had the dialogue.)

When you awoke after taking LeHavre's drink, did you talk to him again or just start blasting? The trigger may be the final line of dialogue when you speak to him again - it should begin: "Spit you speak?...")

If you already did that, I found that info portion arhara_shahter_zemly gives the Miner the necessary dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   Wed 9 Jan 2019 - 14:59

All I had to do was to talk to Miner and that opened the Recon transition. After restarting this game about 8 times, I have the bad habit of glossing over the dialogue. You miss a few words like, "come back to me" and you can get quite loss in this vast world you guys have created. That's why I don't worship the "O Great Monolith", but rather the O Great Moderator.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?   

Back to top Go down

Recon transition missing from Labyrinth?
Page 1 of 1