STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ok ,need help
by pchester Yesterday at 23:26

» Error message and help/support subforum
by kd6dm Yesterday at 20:23

» Stability? haha
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 13:25

» Warlab transition(s)
by Chef-70 Yesterday at 8:15

» Fake cigarette error
by ObiWanCannabis Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 16:42

» Why is the latest patch still not spawning anything?
by WhiteWolf Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 14:18

» All the door codes. Add code and location...
by Rat Catcher Thu 18 Oct 2018 - 6:42

» The Rat is back...
by Sword2012 Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 19:07

October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012

Rat Catcher

Musketeer

pchester

WhiteWolf

nemisis1842khann

Chef-70

joy division

kd6dm

N0uba

Statistics
We have 599 registered users
The newest registered user is Roobanguy

Our users have posted a total of 7300 messages in 884 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

N0uba

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Bar area attack problems

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Bar area attack problems   Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 11:44

When the all out attack happens in the bar area after speaking
to Voronin, all the sounds from the gun fire my man just jumps
bang to bang, I cannot get him to run into the action so as to
kill the boss, I know it sounds weird but the only way I can over
come this is to make my self immortal at the beginning of the
action as I approach the Duty barrier, if this make sense is it
due the sheer number of bodies and gun fire that my rig cannot
handle it, I tried reducing every thing to a minimum except the
light, it helps a bit but I still get the stop/start to stop, has any one
got any idea what is happening and probable reason, I hope this
make sense, a bit difficult to explain, very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bar area attack problems   Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 13:49

Unfortunately in the Hump fight you have to kill Hump personally for the task to succeed. Even when the game is running smoothly, there are always Dutyers rushing the corner who either block your line of fire or shoot Hump themselves.

I find the best approach is to avoid the Duty outpost road altogether and instead jump the fence to the area behind the bar. You can then approach the ambush site from behind the gate to the left of the Wild Territory transition, which gives you a good view straight up the road that the Mercs are coming down. Hump is usually at the rear - look for an exo-suited merc close to the broken down lorry or making his way along the wall on that side. You only need to kill him to complete the mission.

I haven't had the bad stutter problem in this fight, but it always happens to me in a later fight in Warlab, and also when the glass breaks in X-16. And, of course, any approach to the bar is usually a stop-start affair. As I understand it, this is just the game trying to load and manage so much detail/action that it just gets overloaded. Unfortunately I don't know of a way around this as long as we are using the 32-bit game engine. Hopefully TecnoBacon will be able to get his 64-bit version working soon.

If the stutters are still preventing you from completing this mission, using God mode and getting in among the mercs might be your only solution as things stand.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bar area attack problems   Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 17:53

yes, unfortunately the npc going online/offline still requires disk access to load and unless you turn off real time scanning and go offline it will stagger a lot. I can reduce the number of attackers to improve it. maybe an option in modders script to reduce bar and wh major battles, I will mess with it after this next patch. Thanks to the submissions I will have fixed most of the issues as well as some final optimizations to the core scripts that will help globally. THANKS to ALL for playing and submitting bugs!
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bar area attack problems   Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 18:19

Turn left from Voronin and head to the bar and cheat a bit and up the jump height, over
the wall by the bar and run as fast to the gate by Wild Territory and use the same jump
to throw your self into the thick of the action, being in god mode other wise your dead
before your at the Duty gate, as they come at you from all directions also you get shot
at by Duty, I have tried this from as many directions as possible but you have to be
quick, get up on the roof of 'get out of here stalker' to get behind the bar, but still speed is
the essence to get to Hump, your never sure if you killed him until you get back to voronin,
then come out of the game to get to be mortal again and the jump height adjustment,
I have the same in warlab but not in AW with the mercs oddly from Radar , as you say its
probably just an over load of the system, thanks any way, must remember to put a save
in as I come away from Voronin.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bar area attack problems   Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 18:50

Not sure why it should happen in warlab as your not up to your eyeballs with foe as in the
bar area, the number of mercs is listed on screen but you do not see them till you meet
them may be one or two at a time, you hear the gun fire, perhaps there is a limit to how
many 'bodies' the game can handle in a limited space, not sure as TB says to reduce the
number of bodies will it make the game to easy in the intense war zones, cheating is not a
good thing as all who play SS have different rigs, some can run a small town and others
a small set of traffic lights, and the size of SS is growing all the time a small help is not
to be scorned upon, as we have the spawning and being able to jump across time and
space, so if it helps to make SS enjoyable to some to turn a blind eye is no bad thing.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bar area attack problems   Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 19:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Not sure why it should happen in warlab as your not up to your eyeballs with foe as in the bar area, the number of mercs is listed on screen but you do not see them till you meet them may be one or two at a time, you hear the gun fire, perhaps there is a limit to how many 'bodies' the game can handle in a limited space, not sure as TB says to reduce the number of bodies will it make the game to easy in the intense war zones, cheating is not a good thing as all who play SS have different rigs, some can run a small town and others a small set of traffic lights, and the size of SS is growing all the time a small help is not to be scorned upon, as we have the spawning and being able to jump across time and space, so if it helps to make SS enjoyable to some to turn a blind eye is no bad thing.

I get the bad stuttering in Warlab after
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bar area attack problems   Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 19:14

Turn left from Voronin and head to the bar and cheat a bit and up the jump height, over the wall by the bar and run as fast to the gate by Wild Territory and use the same jump to throw your self into the thick of the action, being in god mode other wise your dead before your at the Duty gate, as they come at you from all directions also you get shot at by

I stay behind the gate by the WT transition and shoot through the wire. Most of the mercs are occupied with Duty, and if any do start shooting at me I can duck behind the wall beside the gate. I can usually kill Hump without taking too much damage.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bar area attack problems   Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 18:36

can you send saves of this and warlab so I can add options to reduce attackers to minimize the staggers please
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bar area attack problems   Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 21:03

can you send saves of this and warlab so I can add options to reduce attackers to minimize the staggers please

Warlab save sent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bar area attack problems   

Back to top Go down

Bar area attack problems
Page 1 of 1