StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:44

» Sakharov wont talk to me
The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

» Yakut does not give a dialog
The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 14:26

» For @everyone
The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 0:31

» StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
DUCATISLO
The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 I_voting_barThe '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is Tarin

Our users have posted a total of 12527 messages in 1747 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

The '100 Rads' bar...

Go down 
+19
_Nite_
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
kd6dm
Demawil
TrueB
pchester
Rat Catcher
Warezz.K
Aleks1970
Fety758
kaplumbaga
td3005
vf14
zone
nemisis1842khann
Sword2012
Strelok981
sjohnson
WhiteWolf
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Veteran

The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2018 - 12:32

I think its a glitch lol. The game is losing track on who is who lol. I am not there yet, so i hope it will work out for me when i get there kol.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 6:58

More info on Freedom becoming an enemy:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2018 - 5:04

No one?  Oh, well.  I'll start a new game.  This is a small glitch compared to not getting storyline prompts.  As one example, I never get the Fang SMS for the Red Forest doc, and Fang is clueless in person.

This whole playthrough has been like that.  It seems to begin when this happens:

My SS screen freezes and switching to another window (like task manager) switches to that window but the window is under the StalkerSoup window.  Only the Ctl-Alt-Del screen is visible outside of the StalkerSoup window, so the best I can do is to switch user or log out.

On re-entry to StalkerSoup, most of the savegames have been archived, but not in any discernible order.  Autosave and Quicksave are there, but no recent saves.  There might be a save from early in the game.  The Quicksave is rarely related to the most previous Quicksave I made, but the Autosave is current.  Saves I manually deleted often show up as available.

I load the Autosave, continue playing, and the flakiness begins somewhere thereafter.  Missing SMS, mission tasks, strange behavior of NPC like the affinity issue described above.

I've run overnight tests on CPU, memory, GPU and disk.  One disk has one bad block so I'll repair that and try again.  The other tests all show normal health.  I'm also going to turn off autoarchive of savegames in case that's part of the issue.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2018 - 14:49

sjohnson wrote:
...:

Sid's rep fixes or the ESC-F cheat will only add a certain amount to your rep with a faction, and it may only be enough to raise your relationships from hostile to neutral. Hopefully this will be enough to enable you to continue.

Stalkersoup does have a habit of archiving newly-saved games, I'm not sure why. IMO it is safer to play from a hard-saved game rather than the autosave as the autosave can be glitchy. To retrieve an archived save game, just move or copy the .sav and .dds files from the saves\arch1 folder to your saves folder. The next time you visit the game load screen it should be there. (This even works from within a running game - but, of course, you do need to be able to ALT-Tab in and out!) Sorting games by date in your file manager should make the latest games easier to find.
Back to top Go down
Artyom
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2018 - 15:58

Getting back at stalkersoup after getting angry with Misery and its corrupted saves trouble. Quick question, the crosshair isn't showing the colors of friend, neutral and enemy, it's like that or there's a way to change that? thanks!
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2018 - 16:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],  the issue is moot now since I've started a new game, but

The issue is not with auto-archive and/or game restore or Sid's rep reset (I listed those as background material), it's about what caused such a negative rep to happen in the first place, and why those Freedom in the Freedom base hated me while those outside appeared to be unchanged.  All while playing the game without causing harm to any NPC, Freedom or otherwise.  For instance, Lukash went from friend to enemy in the space of one mission but the Freedom NPC at theRadar border remained friendly.

Stealing Lukash' backpack contents in the first instance I could see as an "injury" to Freedom, but I don't understand what causes negative rep in the second instance;  I'm helping Freedom by doing something they asked me to do without personally causing harm to any Freedom NPC.  Yet they hate me for doing it, even with the Freedom gold bar in my backpack.

The auto-archive and screen freezing appear to be symptoms of a bigger problem.  I've restored a save from the archive more than once due to this issue.  I used autosave in this case because the archive did not have a full recent named save;  in the archive the .sav files were present but not the .dds.  While it appears that a .sav without a .dds can be loaded and played, there is no user documentation regarding whether or not that is a solid game restore.

In any case, I restored the game from a named save (with no .dds) from just after accepting the Vitamin/War Labs mission with identical results.  And, please understand that this reported problem was one of numerous issues with my current playthrough. This issue was simply the last one I could overlook.
Back to top Go down
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2018 - 21:29

i cant move bostwain base swamp for treasure.

is there a transition to this side?
Back to top Go down
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2018 - 14:49

game did slow after install 16.6.8 patch.

also game doing freeze
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2018 - 15:17

sjohnson post:

Hi sjohnson,
You can "cheat" your way out of the rep problem with Freedom by editing task_manager.ltx. Pick a task with Barman, (or another Trader) that he usually has, e.g., cat's tail, and add or edit a line:
reward_relation = freedom, +xxx

You can look up your relations with each faction in the xray_name.log, and see how much is needed. As you probably know already, you need "0" to be neutral.

Also, try creating an archive directory NOT underneath _appdata_\saves. I surmise that directories set up by fsgame.ltx are a path, and that saved games in \saves\arch somehow affect the game. My appdata looks like this: \arch, \logs, \saves, etc. I manually move saves to \arch. How I arrived at this is, on more than one occasion, I've had a corrupt save that prevented Stalkersoup from starting. Moving it to \saves\arch didn't help. Moving it to _appdata_\arch did. Affected my game more than once. This may not be your problem, but it's something that worked for me.

Good Luck!

Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2018 - 18:12

I'll try the alternate archive directory suggestion.

I know about the affinity cheats - looked it up after the second loss of affinity with Freedom pale .  My problem was that I became disgusted with the number of various "cheats" this particular playthrough was requiring.  Either I did something to dramatically change the course of my game or the system hiccup'd, making me over into more of a hacker than a stalker Smile
Back to top Go down
Artyom
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2018 - 19:42

Any idea if i can put the crosshair changing collors again? Thanks
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2018 - 19:33

Game glitch - Speaking with Voronin for the first time, when asking about jobs, I don't get the opportunity to agree to take any job, just a "finished the job" dialog.

I then proceed to give Voronin an RG-6!?!?!  I haven't been yet to Army Warehouses and certainly did not have one in my pack.

Saves me doing a dull task, I guess! pirat
Back to top Go down
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2018 - 13:47

sakharov is a thief. i gather throughout treasures mushrooms stolen by sakharov.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2018 - 13:59

kaplumbaga wrote:
sakharov is a thief. i gather throughout treasures mushrooms stolen by sakharov.

Hi kaplumbaga, what did Sakharov steal from you, if it is mushrooms, then here it is. Mushroom go's rotten and vanish bro, i saved them too, just to find they gone. don't save them too long, eat them or sell them.

Back to top Go down
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2018 - 14:50

sjohnson wrote:
Game glitch - Speaking with Voronin for the first time, when asking about jobs, I don't get the opportunity to agree to take any job, just a "finished the job" dialog.

I then proceed to give Voronin an RG-6!?!?!  I haven't been yet to Army Warehouses and certainly did not have one in my pack.

Saves me doing a dull task, I guess! pirat

no longer rg6 task will quickly completed after talk voronin.

yo not need go freedom base room.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2018 - 19:09

kaplumbaga wrote:

If it's the Amanata mushrooms you lost, please read its description...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2018 - 14:57

Can Chimeras now do short distance attacks?  Before 16,8 a Chimera seemed to have two basic attacks:  jump and slash, and melee.

Now, from 10+ metres away they are doing *something* to attack that disables MO.  It's not a melee, they're too far away.  Even if it were a melee, one melee swipe normally causes damage but not disabling damage.

I'm not talking about low stamina, I'm talking about the loss of HUD, paralyzed spinning spiral of death.

Whatever it is, it's invisible - the Chimera can be standing still or running at you and you suddenly have no HUD or means to recover or fight back.

It's a tough attack, borderline impossible to counter if it can be countered at all.  How do you fight back against an invisible attack?  NOT talking about invisible Chimera, either.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2018 - 15:18

sjohnson wrote:

That's a new one on me. I'm most of the way through Collector 2, Marked One start 1.10016, most of the game played with 16.8. Next Chimera I see, I'll let get inside of 10 Meters and see what happens.

Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2018 - 15:35

The previous attack modes still apply, and the new one doesn't happen all the time. I just got hit by it multiple times when coming back from dealing with the snitch from Lukash. A total of 5 electric chimeras and was killed 5-6 times in a row this new way before sprinting into the cover of Freedom who helped me shoot the boogers.
Back to top Go down
Strelok981
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2018 - 17:24

Is there any solution for the trip from Agroprom to Cordon ?

I killed all the soldiers and examined all the bodies and all floors in detail in a military base in Agroprom
but I could not find a document that would allow the passage from Agroprom to Cordon.

I watched Spawn Menu Directory v.33.xlsx but I did not find a document that would activate the opening of the passage.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2018 - 17:34

Strelok981 wrote:
Is there any solution for the trip from Agroprom to Cordon?

I killed all the soldiers and examined all the bodies and all floors in detail in a military base in Agroprom but I could not find a document that would allow the passage from Agroprom to Cordon.

To my knowledge and experience, this transition appears much later in the game, after you've fulfilled certain objectives. It certainly doesn't appear on your first visit to Agroprom...

But when it does it'll be
Spoiler:
left there by someone who, presumably, had to leave in a hurry...
Back to top Go down
Strelok981
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2018 - 20:16

Thanks for your reply Sword2012. I remember that the road was open during the mission "Steal the military documents from the Agroprom", ( after rescuing Mole / Find Strelok's secret hideout ). But it's at the beginning of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2018 - 21:03

Strelok981 wrote:
Thanks for your reply Sword2012. I remember that the road was open during the mission "Steal the military documents from the Agroprom", ( after rescuing Mole / Find Strelok's secret hideout ). But it's at the beginning of the game.

Is that the mission from Sakharov to find the Agroprom docs? If so, unless things have changed, you'll receive the transition from Yantar to Agroprom in gratitude from Sakharov...
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2018 - 21:16

Sword2012 wrote:
Strelok981 wrote:

Is that the mission from Sakharov to find the Agroprom docs? If so, unless things have changed, you'll receive the transition from Yantar to Agroprom in gratitude from Sakharov...

I found the cordon transition document
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2018 - 22:08

pchester wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Strelok981 wrote:

I found the cordon transition document
Spoiler:

Nice one, pchester  Very Happy

In my last playthrough, after finding and returning Adrenalin's optical disc I received the transition from the ATP to the Army Warehouses...  

But maybe the Agroprom to Cordon document also turns up at Agroprom after doing this. I never figured out at what point it appeared... scratch
Back to top Go down
Strelok981
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2018 - 19:08

Sword2012 wrote:
Strelok981 wrote:

No, from Sidorovich, steal the military documents and take it Barman.

I found a document that activates the passage from Agroprom to Cordon,
during the mission with Arhara when we attacked the military base and took the PDA Ivaschenko ( mission "from" Dan )
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2018 - 17:00

Hi Devs. I have one idea in my head. What about create modern website and update design? I mean tecnobacon.com or stalkersoup.com. Maybe i can help you with this if you want and maybe i donate web hosting or domain for future Smile I think this mod deserve that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.warezzk.cz/
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2018 - 17:01

My tecnobacon site was created way back in the late 80s and I just haven't had time to modernize it. the .com got taken by a bitcoin leach and is so far out of date that I try to warn people about it.

I would love to see a new page for tecnobacon.com as well as stalkersoup.net, I also have stalkersoup.com.uk which I could give you direct access to to work with for now if you want.

Thanks for the offer!
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2018 - 17:13

TecnoBacon wrote:
My tecnobacon site was created way back in the late 80s and I just haven't had time to modernize it. the .com got taken by a bitcoin leach and is so far out of date that I try to warn people about it.

I would love to see a new page for tecnobacon.com as well as stalkersoup.net, I also have stalkersoup.com.uk which I could give you direct access to to work with for now if you want.

Thanks for the offer!

Thanks for answer! So i'll create something new in my local server and send here demo when it's done and we'll see. Then we can discuss about that Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.warezzk.cz/
nemisis1842khann
Master

PostSubject: nobody likes me   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2018 - 14:20

I have twice been a total no-no to AW base, why I have not got the faintest idea, I have
  not killed any one in the base, every one out side are green dots, sid got me back in once
  but now refuses to have another go, has any one else had this problem for no apparent
  reason, is it just a bug in my SS installation, this last one was after taking Vitiman to radar
  warlab, as I left the base all were happy and when I returned I could not get with in 100
  yards/meters of the main gate, like going into the duty base with the gold bar, again I
  did not kill any one, but hostility was rampant, is there a bit of coding to get sid to 'have a word',
  why he will not try again and charge the earth, there seems to be some thing wrong with AW and
  sid, any one got a good answer to one or other of these issues or not bother with AW as its not
  a main player in the continuation of SS.
Back to top Go down
zone
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 13:37

what code do you use to spawn in owl's key to the stash, assuming he managed to survive the encounter against the passel of Avengers in the swamp?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 15:17

zone wrote:
what code do you use to spawn in owl's key to the stash, assuming he managed to survive the encounter against the passel of Avengers in the swamp?

It's an old stash of Owl's that he never returned to collect, which isn't surprising with the number of Bloodsuckers there now. So it should still be there regardless of how he fares later on in life...
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 16:59

I'm looking for the jammer on a Boreman quest. I told it's at the construction site in the Freedom Base up high. I don't know of a site in the Warehouses at all. There is a radio device in the village tower I placed there on another mission, but I can't pick it up. Can use a little help here, please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 17:31

Rat Catcher wrote:
I'm looking for the jammer on a Boreman quest. I told it's at the construction site in the Freedom Base up high. I don't know of a site in the Warehouses at all. There is a radio device in the village tower I placed there on another mission, but I can't pick it up. Can use a little help here, please and thank you.

If you've already met Borman, then you're already at his newly-established Freedom base... Wink
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 17:42

"Oh, I see", said the blind man.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 20:51

The new, updated, extended step by step Installation Help guide 1.1.0017 is now available here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please let me know if you'd like anything added to it, especially useful tips Wink

And if anyone recognizes their contribution to the forum in there, please let me know so you can get a credit Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   The '100 Rads' bar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The '100 Rads' bar...
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next