STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Latest patch conundrum
by Sword2012 Today at 15:46

» Just a few questions and chat...
by AsianStrelok Today at 15:04

» A Stalker's Diary v1
by PhilH231 Today at 14:50

» It's been a while since I've posted, but..
by Alphabet Soup Today at 14:49

» How do I fix my save file after 110017.1?
by pchester Today at 10:19

» Hey, everyone!
by Alphabet Soup Today at 8:06

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by pchester Yesterday at 21:11

» Help!!! Can't get into Waiting Room...
by pchester Wed 15 Aug 2018 - 16:56

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

Sword2012

AsianStrelok

nemisis1842khann

Alphabet Soup

TecnoBacon

MiksaMV

PhilH231

doggybag2355

Statistics
We have 556 registered users
The newest registered user is Angemalter

Our users have posted a total of 6528 messages in 756 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

PhilH231

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Diabolical dialogues...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Diabolical dialogues...   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 6:12

Hi guys. Just want to ask if you moders going to fix the dialogue that falls on top another when the stalkers talk to each other. The one is starting a chats, then all the conversation will just jump in, in a 2 second gap, a stacking chat. Then,,,, the reading dialog,, you cannot make out what the guy wants, who talks like that, that is not even broken English lol, it's really bad. You get to do something, but cannot read the dialog, then log out to go look at the pliskin file to see what you need to go do study Mad
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical dialogues...   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 6:51

Are you concerned with spoken dialog, written dialog, or? Can you give an example of what is happening?
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical dialogues...   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 12:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Are you concerned with spoken dialog, written dialog, or?  Can you give an example of what is happening?

Say Strelok/Markone start communicating with Lightning ( taking with radio), before he is dune, she starts replying, and he start replying, 5 and more communications going at the same time, and then Ghost or someone else also part of the conversation will come in, and you will have more then one at a time communicating at the same time. You go to read the conversations, you cannot make out what you need to do, or what they want from you, the conversation is gibberish. i have to follow plissken file to get a idea on what is next to move forward in the game to the mission/quest that i need to do.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical dialogues...   Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 14:35

If I understand it, there seem to be two problems:

Synch of spoken dialog between MO and NPC, etc.  I have no answer to this, it is in the realm of the game engine so maybe TB/Aleks1970 have some input.

If it's also a matter of the transcripts being mixed up, again I can't answer that question.  If it's a matter of transcripted dialog being difficult to understand, welcome to the world and work of Sword, etc..  The language clarification project is incomplete for later gameplay so the rest of us find ourselves puzzled at times, as well.  Welcome to the club! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical dialogues...   Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 13:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
 If it's a matter of transcripted dialog being difficult to understand, welcome to the world and work of Sword, etc..  The language clarification project is incomplete for later gameplay so the rest of us find ourselves puzzled at times, as well.  Welcome to the club! Wink

And what a weird and wonderful world it is...

Where a comma added to a line of text used for naming autosaves will crash the game

Where using more than 196 characters in an SMS message will crash the game

Where using more than 4096 characters in a single block of descriptive text will crash the game

Where using a single quotation mark copied over from Word, instead of using the almost identical apostrophe will - guess what? Yes, it'll also crash the game...  Evil or Very Mad

And if you edit any line of text in the entire game, and inadvertently delete the singular end of line < mark, the game won't start at all   Twisted Evil

This is just the dialogues. Spare a thought for the coders, especially TB and Aleks, who have to cope with this stuff all the time  No
----------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, after my main 250Gb Samsung EVO850 SSD drive failed two weeks ago, I've just finished rebuilding my PC and found that my 120Gb EVO S.T.A.L.K.E.R drive, which worked last week, has also failed  affraid

Before I ponder the odds, I know that all my recent saves have gone forever - just after I'd got past Warlab, met Maples, and was getting close to completing the game for the first time since I started playing in 2014...  Sad

So, like everyone else, I have to start again, and this part of the game onwards is going to take a lot longer to fix in context. As sjohnson so sagely comments, "Welcome to the club!"

Good job it's such a bl**dy good game...  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diabolical dialogues...   

Back to top Go down

Diabolical dialogues...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: