STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Collector - Mushroom Artefact for Lanky
by Iceddeadmeat Today at 2:07

» Strelok PDA in mine Cave
by WhiteWolf Yesterday at 16:34

» Lab Rat from Yantar bag not in NPP
by pchester Yesterday at 15:57

» Immortal guy, Shadow Monolith?
by Marked One Yesterday at 15:02

» Snitch's Teleport to Chernobyl information
by Marked One Yesterday at 15:01

» Timed artifacts
by Musketeer Yesterday at 14:16

» Error message and help/support subforum
by WhiteWolf Yesterday at 7:41

» Cobblestone Armor...
by Musketeer Mon 17 Sep 2018 - 23:01

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf

pchester

Musketeer

kd6dm

Marked One

Sword2012

Arthoryum

nemisis1842khann

Iceddeadmeat

Rat Catcher

Statistics
We have 575 registered users
The newest registered user is Simeon Petkov

Our users have posted a total of 6967 messages in 829 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Strange problem trying to reach Lightning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pchester

PostSubject: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Fri 11 May 2018 - 16:35

Has anyone had a problem when finding Lightning for the first time? I have never had this happen before...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Fri 11 May 2018 - 16:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Has anyone had a problem when finding Lightning for the first time? I have never had this happen before...

Spoiler:

just go with last one you used before
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Fri 11 May 2018 - 17:55

Unfortunately, selecting either option sends me to the NPP2 exterior as if starting the gauntlet. If I then re-enter the building, even via the teleport menu, I immediately get the same O-C dialogue again. Can't get past it.

Fortunately I managed to find a save from the same point in my previous game. With this one I have no problems getting in, so it seems there is a problem in my current game. I am guessing that, way back when I spoke to the O-C in their chamber, my game somehow failed to register the end of the dialogue.

Anyway, rather than try to figure out which info portion might fix it, I think I will just continue with the save from my previous game.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Sat 12 May 2018 - 1:58

Previous post:

Hi, just started in this section, and i also sit with this problem. Unfortunately i don't have a previous save, so, how do i get past it ?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Sat 12 May 2018 - 10:02

Previous post:

Hi, just started in this section, and i also sit with this problem. Unfortunately i don't have a previous save, so, how do i get past it ?

Sorry, I wasn't able to find a solution, but I didn't spend too much time looking as I thought it was just my game. However, if you have encountered the same issue, it looks like a wider problem. My old save game was from several patches back, so something might have been changed in the game files since then. I will have another look, but I think this will take more than an info portion to fix.

I suggest that you send your save file from before trying to enter the O-Consciousness area, with an explanation of the problem, to TecnoBacon at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Hopefully he will be able to identify what is wrong and provide a fix.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Sat 12 May 2018 - 10:35

So, there is no way to fix this with out a update, and it's unplayable at this point of the game. I have looked for this problem report but find no fix to this problem. Hope there is a fix for this.

Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Sat 12 May 2018 - 13:04

So, there is no way to fix this with out a update, and it's unplayable at this point of the game. I have looked for this problem report but find no fix to this problem. Hope there is a fix for this.

I have just sent my save game to TecnoBacon.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Sat 12 May 2018 - 13:09

The moment i get my network sorted out ill send mine too. Lightning strike knocked my network router out, need to get new one...
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 14 May 2018 - 17:32

The moment i get my network sorted out ill send mine too. Lightning strike knocked my network router out, need to get new one...

Bro, any feed back from the guys over lightning quest that are block by the NPP  end dialog
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 14 May 2018 - 17:59

Bro, any feed back from the guys over lightning quest that are block by the NPP  end dialog.

Sent from Topic'it App

I expect TecnoBacon has other things filling his weekends ("Real Life"TM), so he probably hasn't had a chance to look at it yet.

Last edited by pchester on Mon 14 May 2018 - 19:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Fri 18 May 2018 - 12:41

Bro, any feed back from the guys over lightning quest that are block by the NPP  end dialog.

I expect TecnoBacon has other things filling his weekends ("Real Life"(TM)), so he probably hasn't had a chance to look at it yet.

Thanks bro, keep me up to date on this if you get news

Hello stalkers. Just need to find out if the problem on finding Lightning got resolved as i still stuck on her part where i cannot enter the area she is in and so cannot proceed futher into the game
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Fri 25 May 2018 - 0:41

Hello stalkers. Just need to find out if the problem on finding Lightning got resolved as i still stuck on her part where i cannot enter the area she is in and so cannot proceed futher into the game

This problem will be corrected in a new major patch version...
Back to top Go down
http://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Fri 25 May 2018 - 18:10

This problem will be corrected in a new major patch version...

Hi Aleks, first off, thanks on the feedback, then, do you have a +- date for us when you are looking at releasing the new patch, and lastly, will it affect are carend game save files, or will this new patch be save to working together with our carend saved game files.
Back to top Go down
shipss45
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 28 May 2018 - 0:55

Have the same issue on new play-through with all updates "make your choice Strelok", and cannot do anything once I Enter secret labs due to stuck choice on screen so no way to access lightning. Tried most things I can think of no dice. I see its going to be fixed in new patch but wondering if anyone found a work around?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 28 May 2018 - 9:37

Have the same issue on new play-through with all updates "make your choice Strelok", and cannot do anything once I Enter secret labs due to stuck choice on screen so no way to access lightning. Tried most things I can think of no dice. I see its going to be fixed in new patch but wondering if anyone found a work around?

I sent TecnoBacon my savegame and he sent me a file that fixed it. I assume that this is what will be in the next patch. As that might not appear for another week or two, if you want to PM me your email address I will send you the file.
Back to top Go down
shipss45
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 28 May 2018 - 9:59

I sent TecnoBacon my savegame and he sent me a file that fixed it. I assume that this is what will be in the next patch. As that might not appear for another week or two, if you want to PM me your email address I will send you the file.

I PM'd you thanks for reply.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 28 May 2018 - 12:45

Did you get the file? I replied to your PM, but my message seems to be stuck in my Outbox.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 28 May 2018 - 14:51

Did you get the file? I replied to your PM, but my message seems to be stuck in my Outbox.

No bro, i think a few of us are stranded at this point in the game, and just waiting for the new patch. I keep my self busy doing Euro truck 2 and watching this page to see if a patch has arrived.

Sent from Topic'it App

Hi guys, tired to stand around in bar, where is that update lol, need to go find Lightning, well i know where she is, just need that update to get in there. Is update still coming and when ?

Last edited by WhiteWolf on Fri 1 Jun 2018 - 10:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shipss45
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 28 May 2018 - 19:18

Yes I got it, it works.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 28 May 2018 - 19:29

Yes I got it, it works.

Eeeexcellent... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shipss45
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Tue 29 May 2018 - 9:40

Yes I got it, it works.

Eeeexcellent... Very Happy

Thanks again [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] first time being this far in the mod, last played the game 4 years ago and have not even played collector yet.
Back then I got too many ctds or broken quests, never even got to Ghost in Radar. Very nice to revisit it in a more stable condition and finding this new forum after Steam shutdown. I liked this mod over others because of the continued story, only problem its very very hard to understand what tasks mean because of the translation, but I know people are helping out with improving it thanks so much for that!
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Sun 22 Jul 2018 - 23:53

Regarding lightning, I can now reach her so assume the latest patch covered this bug.

Questions:  
When does Max give the mentioned isomorphic detector mentioned in one of the guides?  Either I didn't get it or it's invisible in the backpack.

What do I need to drop during my visits to Lightning?  The several guided indicate two drops, one of some isomorphic explosive (which can be had where as I don't have any?) and then the globe & cactus.  I get the cactus from Maples and forget where I got the globe, but Lightning does nothing after I drop anything even close to what I think is needed into the white light.

Regardless of Lightnings inaction, I can exit Warlabs through a transition after the first Lightning encounter and through the consciousness room white light teleport the second time.  How important is it to have either or both the isomorphic detector and Lightning leaving Warlabs?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 23 Jul 2018 - 1:05

Regarding lightning, I can now reach her so assume the latest patch covered this bug.

Questions:  
When does Max give the mentioned isomorphic detector mentioned in one of the guides?  Either I didn't get it or it's invisible in the backpack.

What do I need to drop during my visits to Lightning?  The several guided indicate two drops, one of some isomorphic explosive (which can be had where as I don't have any?) and then the globe & cactus.  I get the cactus from Maples and forget where I got the globe, but Lightning does nothing after I drop anything even close to what I think is needed into the white light.

Regardless of Lightnings inaction, I can exit Warlabs through a transition after the first Lightning encounter and through the consciousness room white light teleport the second time.  How important is it to have either or both the isomorphic detector and Lightning leaving Warlabs?

You get the detector
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 23 Jul 2018 - 2:31

Does the detector show in inventory or anywhere? Max DID mention giving it to me, but I don't seem to have one.

I must be mixing up my visits to Lightning, as dropping the globe and cactus in my current visit does noting. But, I had no cactus on my first visit. I'll begin re-playing way back before Max and see what happens. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 23 Jul 2018 - 12:00

Does the detector show in inventory or anywhere?  Max DID mention giving it to me, but I don't seem to have one.

I must be mixing up my visits to Lightning, as dropping the globe and cactus in my current visit does noting.  But, I had no cactus on my first visit.  I'll begin re-playing way back before Max and see what happens.  Thanks!

I just replayed Max's mission and you do get an item. It looks like a pocket calculator and is equipped in the pistol slot...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are three scripted visits to Lightning in the O-Consciousness tunnels.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Mon 23 Jul 2018 - 12:13

Thanks!  I'm currently playing through using your PDF guide ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) to minimize any confusion I may have.  Three visits it is!  I began my replay at just after finishing the Agroprom parlay and am currently going to Prypiat's kindergarten.  I will post any success or failures.

I currently DO have the isomorphic detector in inventory.  I don't know what happened earlier as it was stated as given by Max but never showed up in my possession.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 10:35

My play is progressing now. Thanks for the guidance, pchester!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 14:54

My play is progressing now.  Thanks for the guidance, pchester!

You are welcome. Good hunting... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange problem trying to reach Lightning   

Back to top Go down

Strange problem trying to reach Lightning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: