STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Just need some info
by pchester Yesterday at 17:45

» Just a few questions and chat...
by AsianStrelok Yesterday at 7:25

» Soul Cube 110017.1
by nemisis1842khann Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 12:49

» Only curious, nothing game breaking
by pchester Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 11:40

» Hey, everyone!
by Alphabet Soup Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 1:16

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Aleks1970 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 23:10

» A Stalker's Diary v1
by PhilH231 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:16

» Dialog 1.1007.1
by pchester Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:12

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf

pchester

AsianStrelok

Statistics
We have 557 registered users
The newest registered user is ruudoo1

Our users have posted a total of 6569 messages in 760 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Update 16.1...?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Update 16.1...?   Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 12:45

Every time I open SS to have a play I check the update app,
 yesterday I got an up date labeled 16.1, I did all that's required
 saving the saves so as to get an up dated 'all' then then reinstalled
 the saves, I noticed in the past that the updates have been in the
 forum as 16.8  also when I reinstalled the game it showed 16.8,
 how come this update shows 16.1, this one I think was linked to
 dbs, was it labeled 16.1 as it was the first one for dbs, or another
 reason...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Update 16.1...?   Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 14:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Every time I open SS to have a play I check the update app,
 yesterday I got an up date labeled 16.1, I did all that's required
 saving the saves so as to get an up dated 'all' then then reinstalled
 the saves, I noticed in the past that the updates have been in the
 forum as 16.8  also when I reinstalled the game it showed 16.8,
 how come this update shows 16.1, this one I think was linked to
 dbs, was it labeled 16.1 as it was the first one for dbs, or another
 reason...

Yesterday's 16.2 update was for dialogues and descriptions, updated from 16.1 cheers
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Update 16.1...?   Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 15:13

Hi Sword2012
ok then, there are a few dialogues issues that need seeing to but there's only so much
you can do when one looks at the complexity of the dialogues alone, with hundreds of other
niggles in the queue with the sheer size of SS, I do not envy the task just live with them, all
past 3 main versions of SoC and the multitude of mods all had problems, some almost to the
stage off being unplayable, best thing to do is live with them, and be patient....thanks
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Update 16.1...?   Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 19:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi Sword2012
 ok then, there are a few dialogues issues that need seeing to but there's only so much you can do when one looks at the complexity of the dialogues alone 

Hear, hear! The job is still progressing, and now that sjohnson and pchester are helping out too, it means that jobs requiring a particular level of expertise and knowledge of our favourite game can now be tackled  santa

But - the game is huge...  No

You know all those garbled SMS messages that come through from time to time? They number over 800, and they all need fixing...  Twisted Evil

That To Do list of tasks in your Diary? pchester has just fixed about 250 of them for accuracy. There are hundreds more...   Shocked

Those page-long, 'reading through mud', descending-into-madness diary pages you find on dead Controllers? Sjohnson is battling his way through all 33 entries...  affraid

The formerly incomprehensible 'vodka files', which are thankfully now in basic English, still need rewriting both colloquially and with more variety. There are over 250 of them...  drunken

And these don't include the many remaining NPC dialogue files that are still riddled with Russian and Ukrainian words  Crying or Very sad

My priority at the moment is getting the dialogues with NPCs completed, which means playing through the game and rewriting anything dodgy or dubious into the correct context. I've only just met Maples at the secret lab, and it's taken me over two years to get there, so anything after that is still going to be gobbledegook, I'm afraid... scratch

But at least we're making enough progress to warrant a new dialogues patch periodically  cheers

If anyone here feels they can improve on any aspect of the game with which they're familiar, and has the time, the English writing skills, and a sense of humour near the bottom of the grey scale, then please PM me. It can be a knowledge of rifles, pistols, knives, explosives, ammunition, Russian, or simply knowing many ways to drink and get drunk... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Update 16.1...?   Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 21:35

ER,,,,Crumbs,,,,,I new it was complex to build a video game and not leave holes in the road,
but if I think of any thing that will/could help, its not some thing I have applied thought to,
just putting a dot in the wrong place the square becomes a circle, just browsing the TB3D file
and to make adjustment is the same, all the folk that put these games together in the distant
past deserve a medal, I first encountered this type of 'entertainment' with games like 'gothic'
and 'thief', you played Thief in near total darkness, the best unfortunately is to offer to you all
is many thanks for your skill, it keeps me out of the kitchen as the wife makes loads of cakes,
tarts,pies etc so I am just a taster as I am to all your skills in constructing this game. thanks.

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Update 16.1...?   Mon 30 Apr 2018 - 8:17

First, thank you Sword2012!  I updated and just spoke with Lukash about the Signet ring.  The dialog is much, much easier to understand now!

Second, were there coding changes made?  I noticed two differences now:

1.  With the Signet ring on and showing as Group Mercenary in PDA/Statistics, everyone is still my friend.  At least the Ecologists in Yantar and the loners in the rookie camp in Cordon are friendly.  The Cordon bridge military are still friendly to me but that's unchanged from previous updates.

2.  Panther's guards don't stand by her, they both eventually wander off.  I caught up with Demobee about his retirement trophy just before he melded into all the other Mercs.  The other guy, who knows where he is, he left just as I appeared.

(ETA)I went from friend to neutral when I went to the Freedom base to get the trophy for Demobee and the backpack for Panther, and stayed neutral after taking both.  I would have thought that being a Merc would put me in enemy relation with Freedom!  I'll see how they treat me after I lose my Merc Status.

(ETA 2)I thought the Ecologists were friends while MO was a Merc. That is wrong. I saw green blips in the bioradar that I assumed were Ecologists. They were loners. Ecologists hate MO at that point.

Again, the dialog update looks good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update 16.1...?   

Back to top Go down

Update 16.1...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: