STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Where is the Stranger in AW for Lighting quest?
by Marked One Today at 20:51

» ATP is killing me = ERROR !!
by WhiteWolf Today at 20:41

» Location marker in Backwater
by pchester Today at 17:10

» Collector - Mushroom Artefact for Lanky
by pchester Today at 17:05

» Dx11 Ext a Dx11 - difference?
by Musketeer Today at 16:58

» Why soldiers immediatletly kill you when you start Colectr?
by Musketeer Today at 16:52

» How to get Shadow's Soul Cube.
by Chef-70 Today at 15:51

» Strelok PDA in mine Cave
by WhiteWolf Yesterday at 16:34

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Musketeer

pchester

WhiteWolf

kd6dm

Marked One

Sword2012

TecnoBacon

Chef-70

nemisis1842khann

Arthoryum

Statistics
We have 575 registered users
The newest registered user is Simeon Petkov

Our users have posted a total of 6991 messages in 835 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Aleks1970, joy division, WhiteWolf

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

PDAs... and what can I do with them?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nokoyou
Experienced

PostSubject: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 11:36

So, what can i do with normal pdas, i can't store them anymore, and they seem pretty useless, just to know the people that i killed or are dead, i have 1000+ pdas at a stash but i can't see them in my stash inventory like in 15, now in 16,8 i'm hoarding this items again, and dropping them anywhere because i can't stash them, and also the military pdas are back thats good...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 12:17

Nothing can be done with personal PDAs at this time.  Military PDAs can be used by Snitch, the Bar tech and (once) by Dan.

Personal PDAs no longer show in my inventory if looted from NPC, though you are saying they appear in yours. However, I have started a new game under 16,8 and your personal PDA "stash" may be left over from v 15.  pchester once posted about modifying SS to allow them to be sold (for 1 ru) to clear them out of inventory but I'm not sure if that temp tweak is still available.

In January, TecnoBacon stated

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Personal PDAs:
The PDAs that all NPC carry is to hook them into the net packet system which is used for on-line play and for the Geeks at the bar to track them for you. I remove them and keep a register of them so that the player inventory is not over-burdened by them. Military PDAs remain but are randomly spawned in their inventory for the Geek tasks and future tasks.
in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 13:16

So, what can i do with normal pdas, i can't store them anymore, and they seem pretty useless, just to know the people that i killed or are dead, i have 1000+ pdas at a stash but i can't see them in my stash inventory like in 15, now in 16,8 i'm hoarding this items again, and dropping them anywhere because i can't stash them, and also the military pdas are back thats good...

TB has said that he has plans for the ordinary PDAs, but this hasn't been implemented yet. Fortunately they don't have any weight, but I agree that carrying a stack of several hundred PDAs can be annoying. And, as PDAs are persistent in the game world, dropping a lot of them just clutters up the map. If you drop enough PDAs in one go, it can even crash the game.

My own temporary solution is to edit file gamedata\config\misc\items.ltx (extracted from gamedata.dbr) so they can be stashed.

[device_pda]
can_trade = off    
       --> change to on

Note: I have observed that setting this to 'on' appears to make entering some areas (such as the Bar) more CTD-prone. Not always, so it might be for another reason entirely, and fortunately the autosave usually works.

If I think it may be causing a problem, I just use it for long enough to stash my excess PDAs, then rename my edited items.ltx until I need it again. After a restart the game reverts to using the unedited master gamedata file.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 13:22

Personal PDAs no longer show in my inventory if looted from NPC, though you are saying they appear in yours. However, I have started a new game under 16,8 and your personal PDA "stash" may be left over from v 15.  pchester once posted about modifying SS to allow them to be sold (for 1 ru) to clear them out of inventory but I'm not sure if that temp tweak is still available.

Strangely, while most of the personal PDAs are no longer appearing in my inventory, some still do. I currently have a stack of around 180. They are unique in that each one has the name of the original owner, perhaps that is what makes them different. Still annoying, though! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 16:51

Hi all I get round the pda problem by only taking the military ones as they can be sold in the bar,
sell them to the weird kiddy 'name !' in the corner and you can get ammo and other gear, not
sure how mercs and mono's get those military pda's though.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 16:56

The weird kiddy is "Snitch"

You also use .mil PDAs with Dan in the swamps to gain his confidence and as part of a trade for bioradar upgrade(s) from a tech in Rostok (not Lanky, the other one, forgot his name).
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 17:13

The weird kiddy is "Snitch"

You also use .mil PDAs with Dan in the swamps to gain his confidence and as part of a trade for bioradar upgrade(s) from a tech in Rostok (not Lanky, the other one, forgot his name).

Associate - a mere 170 Mil PDAs for a comprehensive see-all service!
Back to top Go down
Nokoyou
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 20:06

Hi all I get round the pda problem by only taking the military ones as they can be sold in the bar,
 sell them to the weird kiddy 'name !' in the corner and you can get ammo and other gear, not
 sure how mercs and mono's get those military pda's though.

I see a problem with this, i'm someone that picks all up soooo, the pdas are going in my inventory... sooooo, that, i don't know i liked stashing this pdas and now i can't, and i don't know how to make them tradeable, there should be a way to dispose of them...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 21:13

Again, I'm not seeing any new personal PDAs accumulate in my inventory as I loot NPC bodies since starting a new game in 16,8. Is it just me or is this true for everyone? I'm sorry but I don't know.

At some point in the future TB has indicated there may be a use for them.  Until then, they are worthless.  In fact, if you have some they can be a game liability if you try to stash them somewhere.  I did so in a previous release, dropping about 1200 PDAs.  In the area where I dropped them, the game crawled.  Video at 1 fps and LESS.

I'd try to let it go, my friend!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 21:34

Again, I'm not seeing any new personal PDAs accumulate in my inventory as I loot NPC bodies since starting a new game in 16,8.  Is it just me or is this true for everyone?  I'm sorry but I don't know.

At some point in the future TB has indicated there may be a use for them.  Until then, they are worthless.  In fact, if you have some they can be a game liability if you try to stash them somewhere.  I did so in a previous release, dropping about 1200 PDAs.  In the area where I dropped them, the game crawled.  Video at 1 fps and LESS.

I'd try to let it go, my friend!

The above hack enables trading if the trader already has PDAs in his trade inventory. Barman, Sid and Sak aren't interested, but Adrenaline pays 20 Ru and good old Akim pays just 10.

(20 Ru is the default value in items.ltx, but I think that is a bit high so I changed it to 2 Ru. I am more interested in stashing them just to get them out of my inventory than I am in malking a profit.)
Back to top Go down
Nokoyou
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 0:22

I would love to see a faction only pdas implemented, i mean like EVEREYONE has a pda, so it would be good to have this pdas at different selling prices or like a trader to trade faction related pdas for i don't know lootcrates, or good weapons, like snitch but with normal pdas...

ALSO CAN SOMEONE SEND ME THE ITEMS.LTX or the file related to selling pdas, cause i don't like tinkering with game files and, yeah that...
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 12:04

ALSO CAN SOMEONE SEND ME THE ITEMS.LTX or the file related to selling pdas, cause i don't like tinkering with game files and, yeah that...

PM me with your email address.
Back to top Go down
Nokoyou
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 0:51

Pdas are not appearing sometimes, i just found 2 from 23 dead bandits, so i think its not a problem, also the pdas are all in the bandits inventory but when you pick them up they dissapear on your inventory, but sometime 1 or 2 get inside your inventory, so it's not as annoying as having bulks of this objects...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 4:44

I'm seeing a personal PDA on all dead NPC, but looting appears to make them disappear.  At least, they don't show up in my inventory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PDAs... and what can I do with them?   

Back to top Go down

PDAs... and what can I do with them?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: