STALKERSOUP


Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Cannot enter ATP nor Recon
by TecnoBacon Today at 1:14

» Soul cube at F1
by TecnoBacon Today at 1:12

» Constant CTD at Broken Road, and green smoke...
by TecnoBacon Today at 1:09

» crash on launch: XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT
by Aleks1970 Yesterday at 18:52

» Limansk Teleport problem...
by pchester Yesterday at 12:01

» Teleport in Monolith Control Center for the Isormophic Plastique not appearing
by pchester Yesterday at 10:01

» Agroprom Stash (eavesdropping)
by pchester Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 22:42

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Arthoryum Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 21:07

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester
 
Musketeer
 
WhiteWolf
 
Marked One
 
TecnoBacon
 
kd6dm
 
Arthoryum
 
Sword2012
 
joy division
 
Chef-70
 
Statistics
We have 578 registered users
The newest registered user is andreadoria 1

Our users have posted a total of 7030 messages in 843 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 
 

 Dx11 extended

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlexRyttel
Novice
avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2018-03-25
Age : 33
Location : UK

PostSubject: Dx11 extended   Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 22:04

1. I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but I could not find any info about this and I am not sure if my game is broken or is that intended. What exactly dx11 extended suppose to do? I can't see any difference. I've read there was sweetFX added to the game and now it's missing? Please can anyone bring a fellow STALKER up to date after a year of absence Rolling Eyes

2. Is there any way to fix shadows? on default settings they look like 512px even if the launcher is set to 4096px (I'm asking again because my first topic was left without solution)
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1441
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dx11 extended   Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 10:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
1. I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but I could not find any info about this and I am not sure if my game is broken or is that intended. What exactly dx11 extended suppose to do? I can't see any difference. I've read there was sweetFX added to the game and now it's missing? Please can anyone bring a fellow STALKER up to date after a year of absence Rolling Eyes

2. Is there any way to fix shadows? on default settings they look like 512px even if the launcher is set to 4096px (I'm asking again because my first topic was left without solution)

I can't help with your technical questions, but I think TecnoBacon said that he had to replace sweet with extended because sweet was out of date and no longer capable of supporting some of the things he wanted to introduce. Unfortunately, and as usual with the iffy search here, I can't find the thread.  Rolling Eyes

Hopefully someone a bit more technical knowledge can tell you what DX11 Extended is supposed to do over and above vanilla DX11.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master
avatar

Posts : 524
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 66
Location : South Dakota, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Dx11 extended   Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 11:00

I also can't help with the SS tech side, but from a vague memory I found the sweetfx post from TecnoBacon at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I had to remove sweetfx as it is outdated and does not work with my new renderer which is now ready for dx12 and I will probably use cop shaders or if updated OGSE shaders
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1441
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dx11 extended   Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 12:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I also can't help with the SS tech side, but from a vague memory I found the sweetfx post from TecnoBacon at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I had to remove sweetfx as it is outdated and does not work with my new renderer which is now ready for dx12 and I will probably use cop shaders or if updated OGSE shaders

Thanks sjohnson, you are obviously better at this new-fangled searchy stuff than I am! Now, if we had a decent card-index system... scratch
Back to top Go down
AlexRyttel
Novice
avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2018-03-25
Age : 33
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dx11 extended   Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 13:12

Thank you Stalkers. I don't really understand why he would drop dx11 shader injection support for dx12 as it only offers a minimal improvement over dx11. Reshade is very up to date with shader technology yet we can't use it in Stalkersoup. I was surprised that SweetFX was used here anyway, it's been outdated for years.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master
avatar

Posts : 524
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 66
Location : South Dakota, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Dx11 extended   Fri 30 Mar 2018 - 14:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks sjohnson, you are obviously better at this new-fangled searchy stuff than I am! Now, if we had a decent card-index system... scratch
Well,

I only WISH I had some kind of special search-fu going.

It was more like I was playing SS Jeopardy and I chose "SweetFX for $100, Alex!"

Struck out.

"For $200"

Nada

"For $400"

Zed

Hmm, I was getting deep into trouble. Alex Trebec was looking at me like, "What kinda dummy did our scouts hand us?"

So, I rubbed my last two brain cells together and remembered that his post was in the middle of a bunch of other stuff. I went through the forums post by post using eyeball v1.01

The rest, is history.  I lost the game in the final round but won the question and the adoration of 2 or 3 viewers, my mother included... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dx11 extended   

Back to top Go down
 
Dx11 extended
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: