STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Just need some info
by pchester Yesterday at 17:45

» Just a few questions and chat...
by AsianStrelok Yesterday at 7:25

» Soul Cube 110017.1
by nemisis1842khann Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 12:49

» Only curious, nothing game breaking
by pchester Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 11:40

» Hey, everyone!
by Alphabet Soup Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 1:16

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Aleks1970 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 23:10

» A Stalker's Diary v1
by PhilH231 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:16

» Dialog 1.1007.1
by pchester Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:12

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf

pchester

AsianStrelok

Statistics
We have 557 registered users
The newest registered user is ruudoo1

Our users have posted a total of 6569 messages in 760 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

A home for Marked One...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: A home for Marked One...   Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 17:20

Hi guys, found this nice clean bunker, will love to make it my new home.
MARKED ONE NEW BUNKER HOME:

Back to top Go down
Nokoyou
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: A home for Marked One...   Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 1:38

it seems like a nice place to make a base, and a neat idea but can you fill it with all that stuff, i mean you know how?
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: A home for Marked One...   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 6:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
it seems like a nice place to make a base, and a neat idea but can you fill it with all that stuff, i mean you know how?
Lets help building:

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: A home for Marked One...   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 8:42

StalkerSoup is not Fallout 4.  Meaning, it was never meant to be user-extensible.  In fact, none of the STALKER series of games were designed with end-user modifications in mind.  You will need to become an old-school 3d game developer, "rolling your own" across all the various modules that make up the generic and modified STALKER environments.

This is how Naradnaya Solyanka (the precursor to STALKERSOUP) and SS itself have been extended from the SOC game to what you play today. Quite an achievement!

Yes, it is possible to add new items to the game.  To do so, I would suggest starting at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Modding the STALKER series is not for the faint of heart.  You will need to learn the underlying language(s), the types of models accepted by the engine, integration with other items already in the game (to avoid the likely crashes new mods will cause) and the quirks of the engine.  And many other issues.

I am an old-school programmer, familiar (at one time Wink ) with X86 assembly language, BIOS programming, Windows programming, C and UNIX programming of all types, python and a lot of lesser languages.  I used to collect programming languages the way some collect achievements in Steam.

And, I don't want to even THINK about adding any mods to STALKER.

Last edited by sjohnson on Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 8:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: A home for Marked One...   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 8:52

StalkerSoup is not Fallout 4.  Meaning, it was never meant to be user-extensible.  In fact, none of the STALKER series of games were designed with end-user modifications in mind.  You will need to become an old-school 3d game developer, "rolling your own" across all the various modules that make up the generic and modified STALKER environments.

Yes, it is possible to add new items to the game.  To do so, I would suggest starting at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Modding the STALKER series is not for the faint of heart.  You will need to learn the underlying language(s), the types of models accepted by the engine, integration with other items already in the game (to avoid the likely crashes new mods will cause) and the quirks of the engine.  And many other issues.

I am an old-school programmer, familiar (at one time Wink ) with X86 assembly language, BIOS programming, Windows programming, C and UNIX programming of all types, python and a lot of lesser languages.  I used to collect programming languages the way some collect achievements in Steam.

And, I don't want to even THINK about adding any mods to STALKER.
Hello bro, Thanks, i will go look at this link you send me. Yes, i agree on wat you said, and that's why this game landed in file 13, game companies don't want to struggle with games like these, a bloody good game, but Mmm,,,,,, to much work to make it work. Well let me go look at the things in the link, and see if i'm up to it. Very Happy Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: A home for Marked One...   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 8:55

Actually, as I recall, the Stalker series were discontinued for a variety of reasons of which user extensions played only a small part.

User extensions *may* have been implemented had the development continued, but that's a guess, just a guess and nothing more.

Many successful games do not include simple mod'ing as part of their release.

Also, keep in mind that the Stalker mod community has largely moved onto other projects so that information is not as plentiful as it once was.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: A home for Marked One...   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 9:29

Actually, as I recall, the Stalker series were discontinued for a variety of reasons of which user extensions played only a small part.

User extensions *may* have been implemented had the development continued, but that's a guess, just a guess and nothing more.

Many successful games do not include simple mod'ing as part of their release.

Also, keep in mind that the Stalker mod community has largely moved onto other projects so that information is not as plentiful as it once was.

Login/Create a Account:

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: A home for Marked One...   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 10:17

Since the STALKER series were orphaned by the dissolution of GSC, etc. you will need to scrounge.  As you found out, there is no longer any activity at the wiki.  Google is your friend, it's how I found some of the links in these posts.  I searched on "STALKER SOC modding"

Since you seem to have an interest in 3d modelling, as a start I would look for a version of Maya that is compatible with Stalker.

Another tutorial is at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but again, you may find lack of activity, broken links, etc.  http://www.stalkermod.net/ was quite active a few years ago.  It's inactive now but links provided in various threads may work.  At least, some of the threads might provide a framework/outline of a mod environment.

Searching moddb may be a good thing to do.

You will need to piece together your mod environment since there is little activity from the community.  As I posted before, many people have moved on to other projects.

Also, any user mods to StalkerSoup need to be accepted and tested by TecnoBacon and Aleks1970 before publishing publicly.  This is to avoid attempts to provide bug support to environments not created within StalkerSoup development.  Again, this is at least partly due to the fact that the STALKER series were never meant to be user extendable.

Of course, using a personal mod in your own game is great, just not supportable as the mod makes the game no longer StalkerSoup but a branch of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A home for Marked One...   

Back to top Go down

A home for Marked One...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: