STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Just need some info
by pchester Yesterday at 17:45

» Just a few questions and chat...
by AsianStrelok Yesterday at 7:25

» Soul Cube 110017.1
by nemisis1842khann Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 12:49

» Only curious, nothing game breaking
by pchester Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 11:40

» Hey, everyone!
by Alphabet Soup Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 1:16

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Aleks1970 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 23:10

» A Stalker's Diary v1
by PhilH231 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:16

» Dialog 1.1007.1
by pchester Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:12

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf

pchester

AsianStrelok

Statistics
We have 557 registered users
The newest registered user is ruudoo1

Our users have posted a total of 6569 messages in 760 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Anomalies fix.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 13:02

Hi guys. The over population of anomalies, as i understand a fix was made. Is that patch in the auto update SS, or do i need to downloads the patch self ?. I did a update with update SS and got the latest update, but for some reason i still sit with the over population of anomalies, especially the dumps and Prapyat. The dumps are so bad it slowing everything down, the road from Weld territory to Jantar, coming out the tunnel going to Jantar is so packed with anomalies, doubles, and triplets, entrances, tunnel ways and roads, you struggle to get past them. you land i the middle of a shoot out and you trap't in the anomalies no where to run and get cover, you got to choices, bullet or anomalies. scratch

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 14:07

AFAIK, there *are* fewer anomalies now than in previous releases.  I don't think that they are planned for a reduction in number.  Remember, the zone is dynamic.  The zone has gone from almost no anomalies to the present amount because zone "weather" has changed.

Less run & gun and more walk & stalk.  Going into an anomaly may be your best option at times.  You should have the firepower, personal protection and environmental detection to withstand the zone by now.  If not, perhaps it's time to consider upgrading;  nano, Skat15 or Skat15+ suits, for instance.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 14:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
AFAIK, there *are* fewer anomalies now than in previous releases.  I don't think that they are planned for a reduction in number.  Remember, the zone is dynamic.  The zone has gone from almost no anomalies to the present amount because zone "weather" has changed.

Less run & gun and more walk & stalk.  Going into an anomaly may be your best option at times.  You should have the firepower, personal protection and environmental detection to withstand the zone by now.  If not, perhaps it's time to consider upgrading;  nano, Skat15 or Skat15+ suits, for instance.

I second this. This is the Zone, where only the best and most seasoned Stalkers eke out a living. Everyone else dies or gets crippled for life. Which is one reason there's a Cordon around it...
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 15:03

I second this. This is the Zone, where only the best and most seasoned Stalkers eke out a living. Everyone else dies or gets crippled for life. Which is one reason there's a Cordon around it...

Well then it's fine, just was wandering over it after i did the latest update.I'm ok on it, it's just the Dump is slow moving, stutters, like there is to much stuff going on, and it irritating my eyes on that map. the rest are all OK. i will try to mike a video on it so you can see. If i sound like a pissy, i'm not, just want to find out if it is suppose to be so full of it, that you cannot move fast, or get out from a gun fight because you in the middle of anomalies, i love my suit i'm using ( Cobblestone Suit ), and yes i have a lot of good suits to use Except skat 15, but, where is the realistic of it, using a suit that is 80% protecting you + you got supper power artifacts on your belt. Well, got to go, need to go do some collecting.

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 15:22

If your video is slow, it's likely that some issue other than anomalies is causing the slowdown. We might be able to help you find the cause and fix it. To start on that, we would need a baseline of your gaming system specs. SS is very demanding of system resource. For instance, my AMD 8300 runs at 100% cpu on the two cores SS can make use of. I really need to upgrade. OTOH, my nVidia 960 generally runs at 50% or so, making it OK for SS.

That situation will likely get better when TecnoBacon releases the 64 bit engine.

Also, while I think I understand why you like the cobblestone suit, given your stated desire to play SS in a collector mode, accumulating the various cool toys. But that suit has no protection so is at odds with your mention that you can't get out of a gunfight due to anomalies. In this respect, your mode of play and the SS mechanics are at odds. Perhaps some kind of compromise in protection would smooth out your experience.

You won't be able to carry nearly as much loot, but you will be able to better withstand gunfire as you work through the game. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 15:34

BTW, recently there was a slowdown involving Garbage and other maps due to the implementation of fog over water that was used. That issue was fixed a couple of micropatch releases ago. If your SS is current (the auto update does not offer any updates) you're already good to go in that respect, the "fix" has already been applied.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 16:03

I thought that it mite be the thick fog over the lake, i'll go check if the slowing down is gone. You ask about my pc, what do you need from it.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 16:07

I finished Levelup 0 a few days ago, and started Collector. The smaller number of anomalies in Levelup 0 areas is intentional, but they are back "with a vengeance" in Levelup 1. There is only a small effect on framerates, it only amounts to less than 10 fps, usually 4-5 fps or so when I'm in an area thick with anomalies.

Remember, if an anomaly is blocking your way, or if you get stuck in one, the magic keys <ESC><F3> will stop the anomaly. It's not permanent, as after a restart the anomaly returns.

Good Hunting, Stalkers

Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 16:13

Magic keys ?
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 16:22

System specs:

CPU Model/Speed
GPU card model
Video memory capacity/type
System memory type/capacity

kd6dm is simply calling the <Esc><F3> keystrokes "magic" since they "magically" control an anomaly.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 16:40

System specs:

CPU Model/Speed
GPU card model
Video memory capacity/type
System memory type/capacity

kd6dm is simply calling the <Esc><F3> keystrokes "magic" since they "magically" control an anomaly.

How do i get in the system to see the CPU speed ? lol! On the magic, i'll stick to the dye hard lol. just keep on saving as i go, and cleaning after a few saves Idea geek
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 18:09

If your video is slow, it's likely that some issue other than anomalies is causing the slowdown.  We might be able to help you find the cause and fix it.  To start on that, we would need a baseline of your gaming system specs.  SS is very demanding of system resource.  For instance, my AMD 8300 runs at 100% cpu on the two cores SS can make use of.  I really need to upgrade.  OTOH, my nVidia 960 generally runs at 50% or so, making it OK for SS.

That situation will likely get better when TecnoBacon releases the 64 bit engine.

Also, while I think I understand why you like the cobblestone suit, given your stated desire to play SS in a collector mode, accumulating the various cool toys.  But that suit has no protection so is at odds with your mention that you can't get out of a gunfight due to anomalies.  In this respect, your mode of play and the SS mechanics are at odds.  Perhaps some kind of compromise in protection would smooth out your experience.

You won't be able to carry nearly as much loot, but you will be able to better withstand gunfire as you work through the game.  Just a thought.
sjohnson, did you get the message of my pc specs. if not here it is.

MSI 2270 gaming M3 motherboard.
processor intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
installed memory (RAM) 32.0GB
GeForrce GTX 1060 Graphics cart
system type 64-bit operating system, x64 based prosesor
win 10 home
drive C - 465 GB-win 10 files only
drive D - 2 TB - storage, everything runs from this driver
drive E - CD/DVD Writer
driver F - 2 TB - back up

That's right,,,, Get out of here,,.

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 19:39

As far as system specs, while your Intel i7 is beginning to show it's age it's still faster than my AMD FX, so that spec is fine. All the others look great, so I don't think any slowness would be the result of your system.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 21:41

Hay stalkers, OK, i did a run from Prapyat to Rookies camp, and the anomaly's has gone down Very Happy , i found the dogs are back,cool, then at the rookies camp, hell broke loos when i was having a beer with the art fart in his bunker. About 8 dogs came past and kill'd 2 rookies, the dogs that messes with your brain. Poor guys, did not even have good stuff on them. Then, i got a badge from art fart, some colonel guy, and i need to go see the army guys at the farm south from the bridge. Is this a new quest or did i miss it some how. OK, now one hick up. jumping from Prapyat to Radar, game cruses, it save the auto save, so i just log in and i jump't, it started this sins i did the latest update, so i have to save before i jump. All other jump points fine, hope the rest going more north will be ok, and then i'll test the secret tunnel jumps again as my game crushed when i drop my gold bar.
Chat later Stalkers.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 16:37

MSI 2270 gaming M3 motherboard.
processor  intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
installed memory (RAM)  32.0GB
GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics cart
system type  64-bit operating system, x64 based processor
win 10 home
drive C - 465 GB-win 10 files only
drive D - 2 TB - storage, everything runs from this driver
drive E  - CD/DVD Writer
driver F - 2 TB - back up

Hmm, most impressive...

Seriously, you've got one of the best specs I've ever seen on this forum, so why is your game under-performing?

The game is heavily CPU-reliant, and less so on your graphics card

I have an i5-4690K overclocked from 3.5 to 4.3GHz, 16Gb of RAM, and two humble GTX770s in SLI, but the only times I ever get slowdown are entering Rostok (a slight stuttering), and a massive amount when entering the huge  firefight in Warlab for the first time. Otherwise, smooth as a baby's bum thoughout...

Have you read kd6dm's recommendations for using Windows 10? Because as a platform, it was never designed for this game...

Many, but not all, of them are included in the Installation Help Guide here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT: To add to pchester's recommendation, whenever you update the game, always start a new game (‘Enter the Zone’) as Marked One to allow the game to thoroughly integrate the update. Then you can go back to your old save.
This is also advised in the Installation Help Guide...

Last edited by Sword2012 on Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 17:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 16:59

Also, while I think I understand why you like the cobblestone suit, given your stated desire to play SS in a collector mode, accumulating the various cool toys.  But that suit has no protection so is at odds with your mention that you can't get out of a gunfight due to anomalies.  In this respect, your mode of play and the SS mechanics are at odds.  Perhaps some kind of compromise in protection would smooth out your experience.
You won't be able to carry nearly as much loot, but you will be able to better withstand gunfire as you work through the game.  Just a thought.

Backing up sjohnson here, the Cobblestone suit has its uses, and I carry one with me at all times for scavenging. But unless you've had it specially 'treated' it will actively attract damage of all sorts to you. Even at its best it offers no protection at all. From anything. Whatsoever... affraid
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 21:43

Backing up sjohnson here, the Cobblestone suit has its uses, and I carry one with me at all times for scavenging. But unless you've had it specially 'treated' it will actively attract damage of all sorts to you. Even at its best it offers no protection at all. From anything. Whatsoever... affraid

I agree, it's just a suit to carry more stuff, i have 3 nano suits, and other suits,maybe 70% of the suits in the game, and most of them are far better then the Cobblestone suit. i use it for now to get stuff to the trader, from there on ill use that nano suit, the blue one, cannot recall the name, i understand it's better than the Skad15. The other thing why i'm not using it is i need info on that suit on wat to use for repairing it, so i can build up stock on them, most probably special artifacts. well, let me get my game working properly first, and deliver all the guns, ammo and so on, then i'll look into the nano suit.
Talking about the game, i deleted the game file, clean, reinstalled a new game file, did the update, reinstalled my game progress file, i stil sit with game just closing on me when i do a save. They did something that is causing all thees problems in the game now. All started after the 16.8 update

chat later Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anomalies fix.   

Back to top Go down

Anomalies fix.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: