STALKERSOUP


Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Bar area attack problems
by pchester Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 19:14

» Agroprom Stash (eavesdropping)
by pchester Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 10:12

» Soul cube at F1
by TecnoBacon Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 17:49

» Cannot enter ATP nor Recon
by TecnoBacon Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 1:14

» Constant CTD at Broken Road, and green smoke...
by TecnoBacon Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 1:09

» crash on launch: XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT
by Aleks1970 Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 18:52

» Limansk Teleport problem...
by pchester Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 12:01

» Teleport in Monolith Control Center for the Isormophic Plastique not appearing
by pchester Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 10:01

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Statistics
We have 579 registered users
The newest registered user is lobylsun

Our users have posted a total of 7041 messages in 844 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Sword2012

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 
 

 Windows system restore, and update 16.8

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Veteran


Posts : 443
Join date : 2017-07-12
Age : 76
Location : Sussex

PostSubject: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 10:30

In the past I have used the Microsoft  system restore, just recently
in the process of deleting a stubborn program and rolling back to early Feb
to get before the programs installation, I did that after the install of the
latest micro patch 8, would that roll back have any effect on the guts of
SS as there were quite a few MS updates all so as they do a fare bit of
changes to the registry, your latest update is not showing in the gamedata
back up although the file dbv1 is showing a change to  (19,160,671 bytes),
I restarted the game to establish a new 'all save' and then reloaded the
saves to continue, and all the various stalkers and other groups were
totally still as if there were going to run away, so I am wondering do think
there has been a clash with the rollback and the latest update.
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 48
Location : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 14:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

   Morning Aleks1970
      In the past I have used the Microsoft  system restore, just recently
in the process of deleting a stubborn program and rolling back to early Feb
to get before the programs installation, I did that after the install of the
latest micro patch 8, would that roll back have any effect on the guts of
SS as there were quite a few MS updates all so as they do a fare bit of
changes to the registry, your latest update is not showing in the gamedata
back up although the file dbv1 is showing a change to  (19,160,671 bytes),
I restarted the game to establish a new 'all save' and then reloaded the
saves to continue, and all the various stalkers and other groups were
totally still as if there were going to run away, so I am wondering do think
there has been a clash with the rollback and the latest update.

Hi,
the StalkerSoup update program should know if you're up-to-date with the latest version of the game.
But, to avoid any mistake, you can try to download the latest patch from here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and select the repair option from the setup program.
After this, run the update program again...
Back to top Go down
http://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
nemisis1842khann
Veteran


Posts : 443
Join date : 2017-07-12
Age : 76
Location : Sussex

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 14:39

Ok thanks Aleks1970, I hope you made sense of what I put up, I'm not the brightest tool in
 the box when it comes to explaining computers and there complexities, thanks any way.

The game took the setup,should I do a restart to create a new all-save just to be sure?

EDIT: I tried the update program again and it said there was no newer versions available, the gamedata back up is showing (27.01.2018-12.57.49).

EDIT: The file dbv used to show dbv1 with the update 16.8, is that helpful? (896 KB (918,487 bytes)
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 583
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 15:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

 The game took the setup,should I do a restart to create a new all-save just to be sure.

It's always good to create a new ALL save after an update or micropatch Smile

EDIT: Micropatch 8 does not change the .dbv file

It changes the .dbv1 file, which should now be 19,160,671 bytes
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran


Posts : 443
Join date : 2017-07-12
Age : 76
Location : Sussex

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 15:45


I installed the 10016 that Aleks1970 put up and I no longer have a dbv1, just dbv, the auto updater
is not seeing any of the micro's up to 16,8, I hate to think I might have to reinstall SS.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 583
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 16:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

  I installed the 10016 that Aleks1970 put up and I no longer have a dbv1, just dbv, the auto updater is not seeing any of the micro's up to 16,8, I hate to think I might have to reinstall SS.  

Try installing patch 1.10016 again. It should definitely put in a new .dbv1 file

If you need to reinstall, save your _appdata_ folder, in case you can resurrect a useful save

Use the game's dedicated Uninstaller to delete the game totally

And follow the Installation Guide once more to the letter Wink
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran


Posts : 443
Join date : 2017-07-12
Age : 76
Location : Sussex

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:15


Alas no dbv1 ... looks like square one again....speak soon...
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 48
Location : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 18:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

  Alas no dbv1 ... looks like square one again....speak soon...

- You can edit the "SSupdater.ini" file in the Portable folder.

Path to the folder is: STALKERSOUP\Resources\Updates\Portable
Open the "SSupdater.ini" file with notepad and change text:
Code:
[MicroPatchIniVers]
MicroPatchIniBuild=16.8

[InstalledDialogueRev]
InstallDialogueImprRev=16.1

with this:
Code:
[MicroPatchIniVers]
MicroPatchIniBuild=16.0

[InstalledDialogueRev]
InstallDialogueImprRev=16.0
Re-ru update program


Last edited by Aleks1970 on Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 19:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
nemisis1842khann
Veteran


Posts : 443
Join date : 2017-07-12
Age : 76
Location : Sussex

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 18:14

Crumbs.. this will be fun, I love learning new skills, especially from the people who are in the know,
  I will let you know how this go's, thanks to all.....

EDIT: Got the dbv1 , I now have a window with two boxes ticked 16.1 and 16.8 should they be left ticked. Also a finish box, is that as it should be and ...Finish!
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 48
Location : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 19:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
... Got the dbv1 , I now have a window with two boxes ticked 16.1 and 16.8 should they be left ticked. Also a finish box, is that as it should be and ...Finish! ...

Yes, everything is fine now.
You now have the latest gamedata.dbv1 and the gamedata.dbs files!

santa
Back to top Go down
http://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
nemisis1842khann
Veteran


Posts : 443
Join date : 2017-07-12
Age : 76
Location : Sussex

PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 19:29


Well all I can say is a Big Thank You all, I had visions of a total reinstalation, is it Christmas...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Windows system restore, and update 16.8   

Back to top Go down
 
Windows system restore, and update 16.8
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: