StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:44

» Sakharov wont talk to me
New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

» Yakut does not give a dialog
New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeby SPEC Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 14:26

» For @everyone
New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 0:31

» StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
DUCATISLO
New 1.1.0018 update... I_vote_lcapNew 1.1.0018 update... I_voting_barNew 1.1.0018 update... I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is Tarin

Our users have posted a total of 12527 messages in 1747 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

New 1.1.0018 update...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

New 1.1.0018 update... Empty
PostSubject: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSat 10 Feb 2018 - 14:47

Micropatch 6 released for v1.10016

Micro update will correct:
- Friar spawn and his pda,
- find Berill armor (now military armor) task from the Sidorovich for the blockpost documents,
- Major Kuznetsov will sell a new armor from time to time,
- player can get a repair kit early or latter, depending on how he will do some of the  tasks,
- improved backpack(drrr script) functionallaty
- redesigned script file for the weight icon. Now the icon is much more precise,
- and the other small corrections...
These are from me; santa

I believe that TecnoBacon will wrote his fixes below;

Last edited by Aleks1970 on Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 23:28; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSat 10 Feb 2018 - 18:33

Thanks Aleks, you're doing a great job!
OK I will be talking about my changes and why, also a bit about where we are going.

Firstly there is the separation of the actor binder and both levelup 0 and 1 thru 3, this separation of files will lock in the stalker/NS portion of the game so that I can work on the Collector without breaking levelup 0. This has also reduced memory use and added a few FPS to the game.

The weather system has been redesigned to fit within the structure of my other services and now responds immediately to menu options as well as adjusting for post blowouts. I improved the way the hourly weather increment occurs as well so that you get less rain and some spectacular sunrises and sunsets. All indoor levels will properly work as well.

I have also been adding more logic to deal with tasks that have very complex predicates which will help control the actions of key npc as there are so many variations of task completions. I first decided to just block some tasks until the Scorcher was shut off but in my last playthrough I realized that there are just too many ways the player can choose to proceed so I am removing that method. It will take awhile to work out all the predicates for each task but I will start with those I intended to block first. These predicates will have to be updated in the all.spawn so it will be changing on each major update.

I have added more content and dialogs in both levelup 0 and 1 to help with some tasks but there are still many tasks without descriptions that I am trying to isolate and get done.

The staggering that occurs when npc spawn (especially traders) is due to the loadout system that was created to fix the numerous npc in the all.spawn without spawn items as well as my dynamic npc. The all.spawn will be updated to fix these npc so that only my dynamic spawns get loadouts which will be at least a 100:1 performance increase.

I will need everyone to start a new game to regenerate the all.sav and then continue with you're
saves. Many tasks/quests are corrected in this patch but it depends on where you are and what you have done, autosaves are you're best bet for getting the most advantage of the fixes.

Levelup 0 (stalker/NS) is getting close to rock solid and with your help and a fully updated game; we can get there this year! I also want to finish levelup 1 and 2 including the first release of the 64bit engine which if runs successfully will be submitted to the XR_3DA git repository to examine.

RESPAWNS: they are actually working or the border guards would not appear as they are respawns. the Real problem with them is the fact that I have many more than the original game which takes much longer to go through. I could see in my last paly through of levelup 0 that many areas become sparsely populated as I rely on the respawns. This will change soon, I am listing areas that become empty and based on tasks will use my dynamic spawns to repopulate. I have only been using them in Collector levelups. I refer to them as dynamic because they are removed from the previous level  on level changes and new ones regenerated on the level you travel to. Thus reducing save packet size tremendously. Another technique I will bring into levelup 0 is my 'creatures of the night' which only spawn at night such as the werewolves.

I am looking into the Discord API to see if my 'live-link' system can integrate with it for those who like to video chat while playing.

FSS PATCHES: I have been losing donations to help progress the game since STEAM killed my thread so I have had patches made that I will be posting soon as well as hats. I had wanted to ship the game on monogrammed USBs but it turns out that shipping out of the US is too costly and most came back because they contained unregistered software (sorry Ukraine, Slovenia and those areas of the world...).

THANKS EVERYONE for playing, responding, submitting issues, making suggestions and helping get STALKERSOUP to it's ultimate goal as long time memorial to STALKER and Naradnaya Soljanka, also thanks to dAVROs for his addition of the Collector Treasure Hunt!

Make sure to look at the credits sometime as there is work from many people that inspired or were used when making this game.

TecnoBacon
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSat 10 Feb 2018 - 21:10

TecnoBacon wrote:
Thanks Aleks, you're doing a great job!
OK I will be talking about my changes and why, also a bit about where we are going.

Thanks TecnoBacon and Aleks, for the patch and for updating us on progress. Looking good!

If I can make one request, could you please look into the extreme lag that some of us are experiencing in Garbage when facing the swamp area. Let me know if you need a save game.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSat 10 Feb 2018 - 22:37

I just realized that the old settings for delta_motivator (= 10) and
first_update_delay (= 20) are still in the TB3D_Modders.script.

Since the motivator has been fixed you can change them to 1 and 2 to get npc to properly motivate on spawn now. (1/10 and 2/10 of a second)

I also have a fix coming up for those areas with swamp mist to stop staggers and stalls in those areas.

For those in the know: I will not be using the .xdb0 in the stalkersoup\mods\ folder as I will not be using the multiplayer system at all so it can be deleted to gain memory and load speed.
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSun 11 Feb 2018 - 1:15

TecnoBacon wrote:
...I just realized that the old settings for delta_motivator (= 10) and

Since the motivator has been fixed you can change them to 1 and 2 to get npc to properly motivate on spawn now. (1/10 and 2/10 of a second)

I also have a fix coming up for those areas with swamp mist to stop staggers and stalls in those areas...

16,7 version, which will repair the above mentioned things is available to download.

Please download the new Modders script file here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and replace the existing file in scripts folder with the new one...
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSun 11 Feb 2018 - 13:00

Aleks1970 wrote:
TecnoBacon wrote:
...I just realized that the old settings for delta_motivator (= 10) and

I also have a fix coming up for those areas with swamp mist to stop staggers and stalls in those areas...

16,7 version, which will repair the above mentioned things is available to download.

Please download the new Modders script file here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and replace the existing file in scripts folder with the new one...

Thanks again, TecnoBacon and Aleks. Pleased to report that the swampy areas look normal again and the lag is gone.cheers
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSun 11 Feb 2018 - 20:52

Tecnobacon wrote::

Hi TB, do you need to work your magic on Agroprom? Seems like the same swamp mist exists there as in Garbage, etc. Still staggering around in Agro. Have a 16.7 all.sav, and the new Modder's script. Thank you (and Aleks!) for the fix, and the new patch.

Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Feb 2018 - 19:36

will check it out, thanks
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 4:07

OK MINI-PATCH 110017.7 has been posted.
Sorry for the issues from .6 which was my fault as I placed the take item from box in the wrong place.
Fixes this patch"
COMMON
val_zapis, zamok, gbars and hunt moved back to binder to support them through all levels past 0
consolidated auto save system and made a service
added time to autosave backup file and deletes game autosave (if reloading a backup autosave when autosave exists it corrupts the new backup save)
fixed from box not triggering spawns
fixed actor binder missing binder updates
fixed disappearing spots on map
optimized more spawns to ltx files to reduce script sizes (by extra spawns team)
optimized can_go_online for npc and creatures
optimized on_register for npc and creatures
COLLECTOR
added freeman storm dialogs
fixed secret lab lc spot after entered first time
fixed spawn issue in zep and hunt
rebalanced extra spawns to co-exist with respawns in some areas
STALKER
Fixed help fox so player does not keep bison and fox has it when dogs attack
doctor held off from fox dogs until talk to astrologer second time so is there after dv

Last minute bug found and is not in patch:
Bad artifact spawn in labyrinth
Radar zombie spawn crash
Limansk basement spawn crash
Hospital spawn crash

If you need the fix prior to 17.9 then email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the fixed file.

I have done some optimizations in the se_stalker and se_monster so that they go online faster and also run smoother, please let me know if you see a difference in runtime performance. You may want to play with the alife.ltx file and change objects_per_update and also switch_factor. Switch distance is already at the max it can be without weird results like cordon village attacking military.

Also I stopped the doctor from arriving during help fox, now he will show up after you speak to the astrologer the second time. If you stay in cordon and then return to the help fox location he should be there. He will stay until after you give the barman the dark lab documents as player needs to return to sid first before going to the barman.

Another fix you will notice is that if fox drops his Bison and you pick it up it will not be in your inventory and fox gets it back when you heal him.

That is all.... good hunting stalker!

Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 0:27

Mini Patch 110017.8 is out.
First I need to apologize for the last patch as I have been heading a project to optimize the scripts to gain more space in the script cache. Unfortunately 3 spawn triggers caused ctds and my new monster spawn system had a major flaw with older models and also would crash. All have been corrected and again sorry.

110017.8, fixes
COMMON
Added checks to see if clsid exists
Fixed se_monster:can_switch_online
COLLECTOR
Fixed fake_sigaret ctd in Research Station
STALKER
Fixed 3 bad spawn calls to new ltx file calls in athara_dialog.script
EXTRA SPAWNS
dav_ldk_zaton.ltx, Fixed: pos2_4, pos4_3
dav_ldk_jupiter.ltx, Fixed: pos1_1
NEW function to tb3d mobs, obj_spawn
arhara dialog, fixed some unreported ctd's
Fixed collector update ln 32 ltx upd_ln_32 instead of upd_ln_17
Fixes for DMX_mod, some new ltx files
ADD new ltx for dyn spawns: f1, hosp, jup
Optimizations to bind stalker goldbar drop mutants spawns on ltx

Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 8:19

TecnoBacon wrote:
Mini Patch 110017.8 is out.
First I need to apologize for the last patch as I have been heading a project to optimize the scripts to gain more space in the script cache. Unfortunately 3 spawn triggers caused ctds and my new monster spawn system had a major flaw with older models and also would crash. All have been corrected and again sorry.

17.8:

No apologies necessary, TB, I think we all understand the "ripple effect" of scripting. That's what FSS  is here for. Thank you for fixing problems quickly, and making Stalkersoup better in some way with each patch.

Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018 - 13:24

Mini Patch 110017.9 is out!

About:
Quote :
COMMON
Final restructuring and optimization prior to next major patch
Database cleared in game load hook
Final optimizations in spawn triggers
Runaway spawns issue corrected
Reduction of creatures in some areas that overwhelm player
Renamed all NPP1 and NPP2 text to NPP North and NPP South
Added highlighting to enemy tanks indoors and at night to be a little easier to spot
corrected 3 duplicated story ids
New graphical inventory window for detectors - but it is not yet functional. aleks1970

COLLECTOR
Additions to level up 2 for continuation of story
Horror hour now remains in some levels even after the storm ends
Removed Pripyat from storm, East Pripyat still in storm
added content to firing range if player visits prior to zep 24
added lcs, br to jup and jup to es after storm starts
adjusted Karlic immunities
created extra hint about soul cube in F1
With the latest text files from the dialogue improvement team
on the day: 19.12.2018
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018 - 18:16

Patch 110017.9 sets the stage for continuation of the collector story during the storm and as it recedes. To minimize issues in stalker (level up 0) and level up 1 I have separated the main scripts from the binder and updates so that work can be done in seperate files. TB3D_Storm.script will handle level up 2 and TB3D_Reclemation.script will handle level up 3. After that it goes to level up 4 which is the DLC content which can come in 2 forms: dockable and undockable. Dockable DLC are those that can be added and removed without issues and undockable of course are those that cannot be removed as they have added info portions or items that must remain once spawned or given. I will be providing the framework and discussions on how to make your DLC dockable.

For personal reasons my work has slowed tremendously in the past two years but after the holidays I should be back in full swing and get the story completed as well as getting the companions to work. I will also be back working on the engine to finally get it completely 64bit and also improve some of the instability problems with it. I also intend to upgrade the DX to 12/14 and provide generic data to them where the models and textures are deficient. Of course this provides an opportunity for texture modders to upgrade the existing textures to support the new DX features.

I want to thank the dialog improvement team for sticking with me and doing such a great job! Of course thanks to aleks1970 for the installer/updater and ALL the script work and the moderators that keep this forum active!

Lastly I want to thank all the players out there sending in bugs and comments that help make this game more solid and enjoyable every patch!
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeFri 5 Apr 2019 - 22:29

110018 has been posted.

Level ups 2 (storm) and 3 (reclamation) have been completed enough so that the DLC content can start to be used. There are still areas that need repopulating but the basic storyline is done.

There have been several fixes to the new extra spawns as well as optimizations that were incorporated. I have to apologize for some of those issues as I just have so little time left to test them all. Aleks has been fantastic at testing and finding them for us!

At this point I am confident that most of them have been found and fixed but I will let Aleks detail what those fixes are.

I fixed/improved the cube quest in Pripyat, you will now get a spot for finding the stalkers in the laundry prior to going to X8 as you need that dialog to unlock the lab and also spawn the enemy there.

I have started on getting the companions working in advance of coop in collector which will require some new smart terrains to be created for changing levels with them. I am keeping the companions and coop seperate of the stalker story (level up 0) so that it does not mess up the quests and story.

Although I will still be expanding level up 3 (reclamation) I am also finalizing the DLC system and will be releasing the framework as well as a guide as to what makes a DLC unpluggable so that players can go from one DLC to another without damaging thier saves. Builders of DLC content will be required to inform users if thier DLC cannot be unplugged. I will also be talking about plug ins (changes small things) and packages (large changes like textures).

I have been having issues with Facebook as they keep messing with me because of the number of Russian and Ukrainian users I have so I keep getting blocked from responding to people.
It is hard for me to drop Facebook (which I would love to do) because of the huge following and membership I have there. I am so glad that Aleks took the initiative to create this forum for us!

It is time for me to also start reviewing comments and suggestions about the gameplay and spawns, especially areas that are too overpowering with enemies and creatures.

We will also start to tweak weapons and ammo as comments come in about them. I am already looking at ways to prevent guns and artifacts from falling through floors and terrain.

Right now there are only three of us actually working on the game mechanics and a few working on dialog improvements but there is room for more help:
Shaders could use some work (like fixing the total transparent alife in DX11), I also need help incorporating the new renderers that allow dust particles and god rays into the extended shaders.

Short videos and also images formatted and ready for posting to Moddb, Steam and other mod sites.

More music sticks and possibly English versions of the campfire songs.

I will spend more time here in the future to work on these areas with those interested.

THANKS and enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2019 - 1:03

Synopsis of Dialogue improvements in 1.10018

In trying to achieve a balance for a largely US market for the English language version of the game, a full US spell-check has been carried out on each of the 155 files. Our goal was for American spelling in general speech and descriptions I.e. 'dialogs', 'channeling', 'honor', etc; while retaining European spelling for atmosphere and context I.e. 'artefacts', 'meter' for a measuring device, 'metre' for distance, etc

In the 'string_table_gameplay_tasks_descr' and 'string_table_gameplay_tasks_titles' files, the text has been rewritten to remove all commas, to avoid potential crashes when saving. You're welcome  Very Happy

The 'stable_treasure_manager' file, containing all 578 stash descriptions on your map, has been completely rewritten by 'pchester' over the course of four months...  santa

The formerly-deemed-impossible 'kontroller_diaries' file has, finally, been completely rewritten...  cheers
This is the absolute b*st*rd of a file that everyone who's ever tried to translate the game to English has left until last. We thought that if we could get this one out of the way, it would not only be a StalkerSoup first, but every other file would appear easier by comparison!
The re-creation of all 33 diaries took three focused months with three writers involved, including our dear departed friend 'sjohnson'...

135 instances of the word 'try' have been removed and reworked, to make tasks more imperative

125 of the 155 text files have been completed. Although a large part of each of the remaining 30 has been done, they've not yet been officially 'signed off'. We are getting there, and aiming for decent context and a similar style throughout, but there's still so much more to do...

In rewriting the NPC dialogues to keep the context at the forefront, we've got as far as accepting the Eagle Eye 'camera gun' from Forester, so I'm guessing we're maybe 93% through the game

From this point to the end, the dialogues will still be total gobbledegook for now, though most spellings should be correct :-)

And there'll be a large chunk of unedited dialogues in the middle after we lost hundreds of screenshots to SSD failure, so they'll be done in the next pass...

On a personal note, I started playing this game in Nov 2014. I joined the Dialogues Team in late 2015 and, having restarted the game several times due to version changes, I am still on my first playthrough...

It's my hope and intention that, as the player progresses through the game from a fresh start, the Marked One also sounds as if he's gaining experience and confidence along the way...

Finally, regarding the total content of the game, this is just the text part. Please spare a thought for the coders whose job it is to make things actually happen, and work properly in conjunction with everything else going on...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 1.1.0018 update...   New 1.1.0018 update... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 1.1.0018 update...
Page 1 of 1