STALKERSOUP


Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Just need some info
by pchester Yesterday at 17:45

» Just a few questions and chat...
by AsianStrelok Yesterday at 7:25

» Soul Cube 110017.1
by nemisis1842khann Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 12:49

» Only curious, nothing game breaking
by pchester Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 11:40

» Hey, everyone!
by Alphabet Soup Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 1:16

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Aleks1970 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 23:10

» A Stalker's Diary v1
by PhilH231 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:16

» Dialog 1.1007.1
by pchester Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:12

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf
 
pchester
 
AsianStrelok
 
Statistics
We have 557 registered users
The newest registered user is ruudoo1

Our users have posted a total of 6569 messages in 760 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 
 

 Strange lighting in caves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1373
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Strange lighting in caves   Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:35

Since the latest patch I am seeing some strange light and shadow effects in the Caves. Just curious, is anyone else seeing this? (using DX11-Extended).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 272
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 73
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 16:43

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Since the latest patch I am seeing some strange light and shadow effects in the Caves. Just curious, is anyone else seeing this? (using DX11-Extended).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was just in the Cave delivering Miner's Book, and don't remember anything like that. However, after Patch 16.4, or 16.5, my frame-rates have dropped significantly. With GSync, I was getting 120 fps in most of Cordon, Garbage, Agroprom, and Dark Valley. Not everywhere, of course. Now fps has dropped to 80s and 90s, with dips below 60fps. No changes in drivers, settings, etc. When sjohnson reported this in another thread, he may be onto something

_________________________________________________
Один выстрел один труп
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1373
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I was just in the Cave delivering Miner's Book, and don't remember anything like that. However, after Patch 16.4, or 16.5, my frame-rates have dropped significantly. With GSync, I was getting 120 fps in most of Cordon, Garbage, Agroprom, and Dark Valley. Not everywhere, of course. Now fps has dropped to 80s and 90s, with dips below 60fps. No changes in drivers, settings, etc. When sjohnson reported this in another thread, he may be onto something

Thanks kd6dm. I just went back to the cave and it still has the light patches for me. I also noticed odd lighting in parts of the Labyrinth, but only in peripheral vision. If I look directly it looks normal.

I have noticed an occasional frame drop in Garbage, especially when raining ... like playing in treacle! Haven't noticed it elsewhere yet (caveat: I have yet to travel beyond the Bar).

The landscape textures that occasionally went missing at the Bar exit to Garbage are now missing every time I go down that road. As usual they pop back when I look away, so it isn't a problem, but I will try the lower DX settings to see if that improves things. (EDIT: no difference, textures are missing on all settings.)
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 272
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 73
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   Fri 9 Feb 2018 - 14:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Since the latest patch I am seeing some strange light and shadow effects in the Caves. Just curious, is anyone else seeing this? (using DX11-Extended).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi pchester, just went to the Cave to retrieve Strelok's PDA, and encountered the same texture glitch that you did. Also using DX11-Extended.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers

_________________________________________________
Один выстрел один труп
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master
avatar

Posts : 522
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 66
Location : South Dakota, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   Fri 9 Feb 2018 - 14:58

Ive started a new game. Tho I haven't yet been to AW, the slow down is NOT present in Garbage ATM. A guess: the frame rate changes somewhere between late Story mode and early Collector mode.

That's where this old memory places the time it began...
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1373
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   Fri 9 Feb 2018 - 15:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ive started a new game.  Tho I haven't yet been to AW, the slow down is NOT present in Garbage ATM.  A guess:  the frame rate changes somewhere between late Story mode and early Collector mode.

That's where this old memory places the time it began...

I think I first noticed it after first reaching the bar. The lag when facing the swampy area makes traveling through Garbage unpleasant, and fighting anyone around the swamp is almost impossible.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 272
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 73
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   Fri 9 Feb 2018 - 18:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ive started a new game.  Tho I haven't yet been to AW, the slow down is NOT present in Garbage ATM.  A guess:  the frame rate changes somewhere between late Story mode and early Collector mode.

That's where this old memory places the time it began...

I think I first noticed it after first reaching the bar. The lag when facing the swampy area makes traveling through Garbage unpleasant, and fighting anyone around the swamp is almost impossible.

Not sure when I noticed it, right after one of the 16.x patches. A couple of screenshots show an example (upper left) of the frame rate drop when facing toward and away from the ponds in garbage. Usual 110-120 fps when facing away, but 31 when facing the ponds. Pretty significant.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________________________________________
Один выстрел один труп
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-06-01
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 22:09

I know what this is now, run away swamp mist (tumon_cop). I am working on a fixer to remove them on level entry and replace them with my dynamic swamp mist (tuman_cop_tb3d). Somehow they were improperly named in the dynamic content so each time you entered the garbage, swamp, yan under, prip under and zaton they would accumulate. Give me a day.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
sjohnson
Master
avatar

Posts : 522
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 66
Location : South Dakota, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 2:27

Thanks, TB! Garbage FPS went from 17 on my system to 62 in the same place where kd6dm posted his pictures.

And, 17 was fast compared to previous framerates (sorry, did not record them but gameplay was glacial, at best!).
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master
avatar

Posts : 522
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 66
Location : South Dakota, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   Thu 1 Mar 2018 - 9:59

And, I'm also seeing texture (light/shadow) glitches in the caves.  This is the first time I've been there since the issue was reported by pchester.

Also, strange:  same release, in Lab x18 my frame rates were 4-8 fps on the 2nd and third level until I headed to the pseudogiant room.  In the corridor leading to it, I heard glass breaking and frame rates went to 34-48 immediately after the glass sound and persisted throughout X18 at 34-54 everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Strange lighting in caves   

Back to top Go down
 
Strange lighting in caves
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: