STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Warlab transition(s)
by Sword2012 Yesterday at 21:13

» Stability improvements recommended
by Musketeer Yesterday at 14:47

» Missing documents in Lab X-18 bug
by pchester Yesterday at 13:02

» Error message and help/support subforum
by N0uba Yesterday at 7:52

» Fake cigarette error
by ObiWanCannabis Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 16:42

» Why is the latest patch still not spawning anything?
by WhiteWolf Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 14:18

» All the door codes. Add code and location...
by Rat Catcher Thu 18 Oct 2018 - 6:42

» The Rat is back...
by Sword2012 Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 19:07

October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012

Musketeer

Rat Catcher

pchester

WhiteWolf

nemisis1842khann

Chef-70

N0uba

joy division

kd6dm

Statistics
We have 600 registered users
The newest registered user is Manuel146

Our users have posted a total of 7306 messages in 884 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Roobanguy

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Corrupted saves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joy division
Experienced

PostSubject: Corrupted saves   Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 21:44

After this save all the new save game are corrupted and game doesn't start with a message of bug trap. I've played until zep 5, but when I've restarted the game this isn't gone well. Deleted all the previous saves until the wasted woodland start so the game and also the following savegame are ok.
Happens only to me?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted saves   Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 23:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
After this save all the new save game are corrupted and game doesn't start with a message of bug trap. I've played until zep 5, but when I've restarted the game this isn't gone well. Deleted all the previous saves until the wasted woodland start so the game and also the following savegame are ok.
Happens only to me?

Sorry joy division, I didn't see this problem when I was at this point a couple of weeks ago. There can be a CTD on entering Old Village, but that generates an error in the log file. Are you saying that you are able to play on from your earlier save, or are you stuck?

There are other people here who are more knowledgeable than I am about file handling and game errors. Hopefully one of them will be able to help you.
Back to top Go down
joy division
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted saves   Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 9:15

Happens only to me?

Sorry joy division, I didn't see this problem when I was at this point a couple of weeks ago. There can be a CTD on entering Old Village, but that generates an error in the log file. Are you saying that you are able to play on from your earlier save, or are you stuck?

There are other people here who are more knowledgeable than I am about file handling and game errors. Hopefully one of them will be able to help you.
Yes, up to this point everything is fine. Game and new save games are ok but after this point every new save game generate  a cdt in the xray engine when I restart the game.

XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "D:\Program Files (x86)\STALKERSOUP\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:02A3CC85, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted saves   Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 10:41

Happens only to me?

Yes, up to this point everything is fine. Game and new save games are ok but after this point every new save game generate  a cdt in the xray engine when I restart the game.

XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "D:\Program Files (x86)\STALKERSOUP\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:02A3CC85, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)

Unfortunately I don't know enough about how the game works to understand what that is telling me.

The only options that I can suggest are:

1. There are two transition points into Wasted Woodland, you could try ESC-F2-ing to wasted1 or wasted2 and see if that gets you in.

2. If the problem is just in WW, you could try skipping over that map by spawning in the WW ZEP doc and jump straight to the following one in
Spoiler:

Use the ESC-F4 menu and enter zep_doc_2,1 - this should spawn the WW ZEP doc at your feet, but I don't know if it sets up the next one correctly.

3. Otherwise your best bet is probably to send your previous save game and error log to TecnoBacon (stalkersoup@tecnobacon.com) with a description of the problem. Hopefully he can identify the problem and provide you with a fix.
Back to top Go down
joy division
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted saves   Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 11:51

The problem is not due specifically to wasted woodlands but to a previous corrupt save that don't allow to me to reload new saves made at the bar.
After the return at the bar i make a save and I can reload that. But if I do a new save this does not start the game.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted saves   Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 12:08

The problem is not due specifically to wasted woodlands but to a previous corrupt save that don't allow to me to reload new saves made at the bar.
After the return at the bar i make a save and I can reload that. But if I do a new save this does not start the game.

If the problem is a corruption that has crept into a previous save game, your best option is probably to go back to even earlier saves until you find one that is corruption-free and allows you to play on. Otherwise TecnoBacon may be your best bet.
Back to top Go down
joy division
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted saves   Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 18:10

May be that I solved.
Deleted all saves, over 3000 files, and restarted the game with new all file and a new stalker_start.
I've put the old save into the folder and now is all ok. I hope...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted saves   Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 15:25

May be that I solved.
Deleted all saves, over 3000 files, and restarted the game with new all file and a new stalker_start.
I've put the old save into the folder and now is all ok. I hope...
Sounds like that was your problem, far too many saves in the 'savegame' folder. TB has asked us to keep that folder down to just a few saves, and archive the ones you don't need.

Thanks for raising the issue, joy division, and it's good to see you back here again Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted saves   

Back to top Go down

Corrupted saves
Page 1 of 1