STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Bar area attack problems
by pchester Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 19:14

» Agroprom Stash (eavesdropping)
by pchester Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 10:12

» Soul cube at F1
by TecnoBacon Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 17:49

» Cannot enter ATP nor Recon
by TecnoBacon Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 1:14

» Constant CTD at Broken Road, and green smoke...
by TecnoBacon Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 1:09

» crash on launch: XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT
by Aleks1970 Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 18:52

» Limansk Teleport problem...
by pchester Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 12:01

» Teleport in Monolith Control Center for the Isormophic Plastique not appearing
by pchester Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 10:01

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Statistics
We have 579 registered users
The newest registered user is lobylsun

Our users have posted a total of 7041 messages in 844 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Sword2012

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Nanosuit damage, and LifeGuard system?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Nanosuit damage, and LifeGuard system?   Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 8:50

Sorry if this has been addressed before.  Forum search is not working all that well...

I was finally able to buy the nanosuit v2 from Adrenalin (after about 60 reloads lol).

One observation and one request:

Observation:  the nanosuit takes damage at a higher rate than any of the other suits I've used, including the Skat 15 (I've never progressed far enough to even think of the Storm suit).  It seems that it takes damage to protect me.  But, it is very expensive (in terms of suit salvage "parts") to the point that for heavy missions I use other suits.  For instance, one trip through NPP1 might get me hit 25 times or so by Monolith and Military which requires about the same number (25) of suit repair units to completely repair the suit.

This seems unacceptable.  Am I missing something?

Request:  can the autodoc be turned off?  Each hit by an enemy's weapon (from bandit sawed-off shotguns to Vintorez hits) use a medkit, a bandage, or other aid.  I'm chewing though medical equipment faster than I can replace it.  Without an autodoc, I often wait for health and/or bleeding to stop on their own.

This also seems unacceptable (in real life I'd be ditching the suit as too expensive to run.  I'm more of a Land Rover kind of guy than a Lamborghini type in-game).

Is there any way to turn off the autodoc?  With care I can live with the expensive suit repairs but the liberal application of medical supplies for every hangnail MO gets is driving me "bankrupt".
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Nanosuit damage, and LifeGuard system?   Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 10:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sorry if this has been addressed before.  Forum search is not working all that well...

I was finally able to buy the nanosuit v2 from Adrenalin (after about 60 reloads lol).

One observation and one request:

Observation:  the nanosuit takes damage at a higher rate than any of the other suits I've used, including the Skat 15 (I've never progressed far enough to even think of the Storm suit).  It seems that it takes damage to protect me.  But, it is very expensive (in terms of suit salvage "parts") to the point that for heavy missions I use other suits.  For instance, one trip through NPP1 might get me hit 25 times or so by Monolith and Military which requires about the same number (25) of suit repair units to completely repair the suit.

This seems unacceptable.  Am I missing something?

Request:  can the autodoc be turned off?  Each hit by an enemy's weapon (from bandit sawed-off shotguns to Vintorez hits) use a medkit, a bandage, or other aid.  I'm chewing though medical equipment faster than I can replace it.  Without an autodoc, I often wait for health and/or bleeding to stop on their own.

This also seems unacceptable (in real life I'd be ditching the suit as too expensive to run.  I'm more of a Land Rover kind of guy than a Lamborghini type in-game).

Is there any way to turn off the autodoc?  With care I can live with the expensive suit repairs but the liberal application of medical supplies for every hangnail MO gets is driving me "bankrupt".

If you compare their stats, the Nanosuit beats the SKAT-15 for most protective measures (impact, anomaly, etc.,) but is less effective at giving benefits such as health, bleeding, radiation protection and carry capacity. You pays your money (or not) and takes your choice. I do agree that the Nanosuit in-game seems to be less robust than the SKAT-15, but IMO it is still the best mid-game suit. Having said that, I usually swap over to the SKAT-15 later on - especially in the later stages of Collector where the enemies get much tougher.

I also buy one of Sid's cheapest Stalker suits (550 RU, weighs 3 KG) on every visit and keep it on me to top-up my repair kit when needed.

---
There is a setting in the game's Advanced Options to disable Advanced Suit Services. I am not sure if that stops the suit using your meds, though. To me that is one of the benefits of the suit, I can pretty much ignore all but major injuries and leave it to the suit to keep me alive. I just have to remember to keep stocked up on everything. Fortunately most areas have Stalkers, and most Stalkers carry a medkit + bandage that I can trade. (I do find it annoying that it uses vodka before antirads, so I stop carrying vodka when wearing the SKAT-15 or the Nanosuit.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Nanosuit damage, and LifeGuard system?   Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 16:47

I'd never bought the suit before because I didn't know about turning off the HUD until recently.  The reviews by others seemed to indicate the nano was a very effective suit to wear.  For my play style, it may be effective protection but is incredibly inefficient in being so, for my taste.

I *did* buy a cheap suit for salvage from Sid, but the nano degraded so fast that I had to pick up the Exo in the Chernobyl Power Plant as I was down from 48 repair units to 6 in traveling from Cordon to the plant (an uneventful passage except for the trip through the NPP South).  Plus, it appeared to use more repair units for roughly the same damage percentage as other suits.  It's an advanced suit, so I can see why it takes more to repair.  Cheapskate that I am, the benefits are outweighed by the maintenance costs for me.

I'll be reverting back to the Tirex suit.  I won't have to worry about running out of meds during long, dangerous tasks and will work on getting the Skat 15 as I've done in the past.  It seems to use less resource (meds) than the nano. I prefer to manage my own medications so will look into possible modification of the suit parameters to limit med application.

I don't have sour grapes about the nano, just want to ensure it's documented that nano suit downsides do exist.

As always, your knowledge of the game is quite helpful.  Thanks and thanks, again pchester!  cheers
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Nanosuit damage, and LifeGuard system?   Sat 16 Dec 2017 - 17:01

I just checked: turning off advanced suit services does seem to turn off the "LifeGuard" system.

I'll still use the Tirex suit but will keep the nano in reserve for later game use, just in case.

Thank you, again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nanosuit damage, and LifeGuard system?   

Back to top Go down

Nanosuit damage, and LifeGuard system?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: