StalkerSoup

Everything relating to StalkerSoup...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Is this the end...?
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeby ObiWanCannabis Today at 17:36

» Crash when entering Dark Valley.
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeby johncartwright302 Today at 13:44

» The '100 Rads' bar...
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeby Demawil Today at 11:44

» Kill the Mercenaries
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 0:12

» Artefact Respawns?
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeby TrueB Yesterday at 23:58

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeby TrueB Yesterday at 23:53

» Sid's repair kits and toolkit
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeby TrueB Yesterday at 16:03

» Caesier's in East Pripyat
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeby ObiWanCannabis Thu 23 May 2019 - 20:07

May 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up I_vote_lcapHelp with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up I_voting_barHelp with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up I_vote_lcapHelp with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up I_voting_barHelp with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up I_vote_rcap 
ObiWanCannabis
fantomas
johncartwright302
Demawil
Warezz.K
kd6dm
Sword2012
Artyom
Statistics
We have 771 registered users
The newest registered user is randomstalker

Our users have posted a total of 8698 messages in 1102 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Demawil

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu 16 May 2019 - 0:13

Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PhilH231
Novice

Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Empty
PostSubject: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 18:48

Does anyone know the infoportion to trigger the appearance of the helicopter bearing Panther?

I've done this mission several times - gone to RT, found the cave, gone to see Fang in the Fiery Cave, brought him to the Secret Cave and spoken to Fly - but the helicopter is not appearing. All the dialogue between MO and Fang seems okay, but no chopper!

I seem to recall it being the case at one point that once the cave had been located, not to do any quicksaves or this would prevent the helicopter turning up. Done the mission 4 times today from the map change autosave, but no joy.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 20:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Does anyone know the infoportion to trigger the appearance of the helicopter bearing Panther?

I've done this mission several times - gone to RT, found the cave, gone to see Fang in the Fiery Cave, brought him to the Secret Cave and spoken to Fly - but the helicopter is not appearing. All the dialogue between MO and Fang seems okay, but no chopper!

I seem to recall it being the case at one point that once the cave had been located, not to do any quicksaves or this would prevent the helicopter turning up. Done the mission 4 times today from the map change autosave, but no joy.

I am not aware of a save/load problem here. I occasionally have to quicksave/quickload to get Fang moving if he gets stuck. Admittedly this is before actually reaching the cave.

Sorry, I can't find an info portion to spawn the helicopter - which either means I don't know what to look for, or - more likely - the helicopter's arrival is hard-coded into the game.

The dialogue after talking to Fly in the cave is:
dialogue:

How much of this do you get?
Back to top Go down
PhilH231
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 21:30

Hi pchester - thanks for your reply

dialogue:

I get this dialogue - then nothing happens. Looking at some old notes from a previous game, I think MO should be able to hear the chopper approaching whilst in the cave. If MO leaves the cave and talks to Fang, there is the following bit of dialogue:

dialogue:

Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 23:12

Hi pchester - thanks for your reply

dialogue:

I get this dialogue - then nothing happens. Looking at some old notes from a previous game, I think MO should be able to hear the chopper approaching whilst in the cave. If MO leaves the cave and talks to Fang, there is the following bit of dialogue:

dialogue:

Hmm, strange. I just replayed that section from an old save game and I couldn't reproduce the problem. The helicopter sounds began after the conversation with Fly and as Fang said "...it seems we have guests..." and they landed as usual.

Your game is apparently missing some trigger point for the helicopter spawning, but I don't know what that is. I suggest that you send TecnoBacon (at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) an explanation of the problem and a save game from before reaching the cave, and hopefully he will be able to figure out what is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 0:26

dialogue:

Please accept my apologies for the horrendous dialogue here, and in other places like it  No

We simply haven't got to those parts of the game yet to experience them in context...
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 11:00

Please accept my apologies for the horrendous dialogue here, and in other places like it  No

We simply haven't got to those parts of the game yet to experience them in context...

Hi Sword. There is no need for you to apologise for this one. We know that you are working through the multitudes of dialogue files as quickly as you can, and this one will get done eventually. You and your team are doing a great job turning Stalkersoup's machine-translated gobbledegook into something that actually makes sense!
scratch  study lol!
Back to top Go down
PhilH231
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 13:19

Sorted!

Firstly, I deleted all the saves made after the Autosave that got MO to RT.
Secondly, when bringing Fang to the Cave entrance kept well clear of the Infirmary (noticed yesterday that if MO takes Fang too close to Infirmary, was getting a task triggered (Maples - collect artefact task). These are, as far as I can tell, the major differences in the play. Anyhow, after speaking to Fly & Fang could clearly hear the approaching helicopter and even caught a glimpse of it as leaving the cave. After that, everything went smoothly.

Sword
I think the dialogue here - and most other places is really getting there. But I kind of hope you will leave in such gems as:
"Yes it is necessary to be winded on a marsh. Will throw on a revolving object?"
Back to top Go down
vf14
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2018 - 16:07

I have the helicopter not showing up after trying many times but I have all the lines of dialogue every time. I was just thinking that an artifact task might somehow have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2018 - 17:36

I have the helicopter not showing up after trying many times but I have all the lines of dialogue every time. I was just thinking that an artifact task might somehow have something to do with it.

Sometimes a glitch can happen in one person's game that may not affect someone else. If you want to send me a save game from before reaching the cave, I will see if I can play it beyond that point. I will PM you my email address.

If that doesn't work, send your save game to TecnoBacon (stalkersoup@tecnobacon.com) with an explanation of the problem, and he will hopefully be able to see what the issue is.

(Sorry, I have PM'd you but my message seems to be stuck in my Outbox. Hopefully it will send eventually!)
Back to top Go down
vf14
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2018 - 20:07

I went back to a save in Warlab, deleted all the saves after then played up to the helicopter in Recon. I used the tip to swing wide from the infirmary. And look here is the chopper landing. I have several mods I have not played yet but they have forums that where archived years ago. You guys rock. Always someone here to help. Thanks much.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2018 - 20:35

I went back to a save in Warlab, deleted all the saves after then played up to the helicopter in Recon. I used the tip to swing wide from the infirmary. And look here is the chopper landing. I have several mods I have not played yet but they have forums that where archived years ago. You guys rock. Always someone here to help. Thanks much.

Thanks for letting us know. It is useful to have the infirmary issue confirmed, in case someone else has the same problem.
Back to top Go down
td3005
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2019 - 1:01

I am having this issue now. after i complete dialog with fly no heli. I tried replaying from when i found the cave to no avail. ill go back farther and see if i have any luck. maybe the problem is that i teleported into recon using esc f2

Went back to the save find secret cave, teleported to army warehouse then entered recon, stayed well away from the infirmary and still have the same issue. no helicopter ever comes.

Tried a 3rd time, this time i went through the warlab and i got 2 messages from panther which i had not gotten before but I am still stuck at this same spot. After talking to fly no helicopter ever arrives.

I tried a 4th go starting at find the documents save in generator and same results. totally stuck here
Back to top Go down
Chef-70
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2019 - 18:46

Any fix for this, i've got the same issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisecom-ict.nl
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2019 - 20:54

Unfortunately (or fortunately for me?) I have been unable to reproduce this problem. I loaded an old save and tried entering Recon from AW, from Garbage and by teleporting directly to the Infirmary.

In each case I
Spoiler:

The only info portion that I can find relating to this is muha_vstrecha_start. As a test I used this before entering the cave. I got Fang's "Strelok, what's going on?" dialogue and the helicopter appeared.

I don't know if this will work for you, as the helicopter was already appearing for me, so it is possible that I hit some trigger that you missed - although I followed different routes each time so I can't think what it would be.

Incidentally it does show that being close to the Infirmary has no effect.

Anyway, give it a try.

Using info portions:

Back to top Go down
td3005
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2019 - 21:56

So it appears that completing the conversation with fly gives that info portion. So if i give it again it says it removes it. If i dont speak to fly and give the info it spawns the sms from fang and strelock the same as if i had talked to fly but in either case I dont get a helicopter. I did miss something as my meeting with the black doctor in generator refers to a previous one that i never had. Also I saw i was suppose to meet cat at the hospital which has not been done. IDK if this is related to the issue or when those things were suppose to happen, maybe after saving dennis in red forest ?
Back to top Go down
Chef-70
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2019 - 9:39

I really have no clue. This game is just impossible to play for me it seems.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2019 - 18:33

I don't think missing anything earlier on would affect this event, it seems pretty self-contained. At least, I can't see any other prerequisites in the files. However, Stalkersoup can be very linear at times, and it is possible that missing an earlier task could be the reason.

There are a couple more info portions that follow the helicopter arriving. If you don't mind missing that part, you could give these a try to get you moving again. I have included screenshots of the dialogue below so you at least know what has been said.

Tested before talking to Fly - but, as before, the helicopter arrives for me so I don't know if these will work for you.

Recon - Panther helicopter sequence:

If none of that works, all I can suggest is to send your pre-Fly save game to TecnoBacon (stalkersoup@tecnobacon.com) along with an explanation of the problem, and hopefully he will figure out what is wrong.
Back to top Go down
td3005
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2019 - 23:59

It seems the only info necessary is aver_pantera_say_start the other 2 are given by talking to fly then fang after giving the info portion aver... What results for me is fly staying put, fang going to camp i get a quest to check in on the artifact with maple but he has nothing to say. In warlab pilgrim messages me saying to stop by but he also is mum.

I sent the info to tecnobacon I know he's busy. I may try backing up a ways or maybe a different game mode.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2019 - 0:23

It seems the only info necessary is aver_pantera_say_start the other 2 are given by talking to fly then fang after giving the info portion aver... What results for me is fly staying put, fang going to camp i get a quest to check in on the artifact with maple but he has nothing to say. In warlab pilgrim messages me saying to stop by but he also is mum.

I sent the info to tecnobacon I know he's busy. I may try backing up a ways or maybe a different game mode.

Fly stayed put for me when I first tried these info portions, because I hadn't entered the cave to speak to her. When I finally did speak to her, she left the cave. (And the helicopter arrived, which all got a bit confusing!) As you have already spoken to her, I can only assume that in your case it is linked to your original helicopter problem.

You can't talk to Maples until you talk to Fly at the campfire and she gives you a mission. What should happen is that you start out for Maples and then Fang calls you back. If you do get Fang's SMS, and Fly still isn't at the campfire, you could try talking to her in the cave.
Back to top Go down
td3005
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2019 - 16:49

She has nothing to say after her initial dialog so even though fang heads for the campfire all i get from fly is see you friend.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2019 - 18:16

Unfortunately I am tied up for the next few days and cannot work on this now. It will help me very much to get any solutions used to get past this if any so I can figure it out quickly when I get back to working on SS, thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2019 - 19:13

Unfortunately I am tied up for the next few days and cannot work on this now. It will help me very much to get any solutions used to get past this if any so I can figure it out quickly when I get back to working on SS, thanks to all.

If it's of any help, I was there recently and the whole sequence worked fine for me  cheers

Windows 7 - 64bit, fresh install using the Installation Help Guide, and a save kindly gifted to me by kd6dm after my SSD failed... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2019 - 20:53

If it's of any help, I was there recently and the whole sequence worked fine for me  cheers

Windows 7 - 64bit, fresh install using the Installation Help Guide, and a save kindly gifted to me by kd6dm after my SSD failed... Very Happy

What Sword2012 said, never had an issue with this mission.

EDIT: Well, there's always a first time! 17.9 game, headed to the cave with Fang, no heli, nor Panther or Astrologer. Thanks to pchester, our info portion Master, gave myself posadka_pantera_vert, and game continued normally.
(Did NOT need muha_talk_pro_art to get the SMS about Fly wanting to talk).
Thanks, pchester.

Last edited by kd6dm on Mon 11 Mar 2019 - 22:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2019 - 21:38

She has nothing to say after her initial dialog so even though fang heads for the campfire all i get from fly is see you friend.
Have you looked at the sequence in the 2012 Guide, td3005? There is a request mission from Fly 
Spoiler:

Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2019 - 21:39

OK, I had a chance to check it and yes the choppers are not responding to thier cfg files. not sure why yet.

temporary fix: after talking to fly in cave first time, listen to the sms messages while returning to fang. You will then need to use the info spawner and give these one at a time, not all at once.

muha_vertuha_letit_start
nadoela_start
rebyta_vusadilis
vert_otchalil                      wait for sms to end
kluk_vert_sbit_start           wait for sms to end
spawp_trup_muxa

you can then talk to panther and then fang, should continue storyline properly after that.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2019 - 23:19

Unfortunately these info portions are for a later helicopter event -
Spoiler:

I found the missing info portion to get this part back on track. posadka_pantera_vert spawns Panther and Adrenaline on the hill below Fang's position. Still no helicopter, but you can now talk to Panther and continue the game.

There is one other info portion that might be needed later in this section.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
td3005
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2019 - 7:14

It was not long before the info Tecnobacon posted was also required. I am having no luck with helicopters in recon. Worked ok in generator and in the swamp but I cant get a copter for nothing in recon.
Back to top Go down
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2019 - 19:33

i wrote tecnobacon`s infos but still dont came helicopter.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2019 - 19:59

The problem has been narrowed down to the cfg files not getting loaded from the all.spawn. Not sure when it will get properly fixed so I have made a temporary fix but it requires you to have spoken to fang but not yet spoken to fly. When you do talk to fly the chopper will work and things will progress. If you really need this then request it by email to me. If you are not at that point yet or have already passed it then you should not use this file.

When using this file you cannot quick save during the time you talked to Fly and then talk to Panther and Fang. It's ok after this. This is because a load will reset the chopper logic and it will disappear.
Back to top Go down
Chef-70
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2019 - 20:40

Worked, thank you.
Delete bind_heli.script from the gamedata\scripts folder now i've got the tasks from Fang and Fly? I'm back at the Bar now.

EDIT: Nevermind, i've deleted the file and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Edit of post about no helicopter, Panther, Or Astrologer in Recon.   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2019 - 22:41

What Sword2012 said, never had an issue with this mission.

EDIT: Well, there's always a first time! 17.9 game, headed to the cave with Fang, no heli, nor Panther or Astrologer. Thanks to pchester, our info portion Master, gave myself posadka_pantera_vert, and game continued normally.
Thanks, pchester.

Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2019 - 23:26

... EDIT: Well, there's always a first time! 17.9 game, headed to the cave with Fang, no heli, nor Panther or Astrologer. Thanks to pchester, our info portion Master, gave myself posadka_pantera_vert, and game continued normally.
Thanks, pchester.

I would try to check this save and compare it with another one.
Please send it on my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mail.
Back to top Go down
http://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar 2019 - 17:34

tecno helped me. i pass this task with script file. i can send file want guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up
Page 1 of 1