StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:44

» Sakharov wont talk to me
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

» Yakut does not give a dialog
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 14:26

» For @everyone
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 0:31

» StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
DUCATISLO
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 I_vote_lcapStalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 I_voting_barStalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is Tarin

Our users have posted a total of 12527 messages in 1747 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

SPEC

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

StalkerSoup installation problems...

Go down 
+16
WhiteWolf
havran12
sjohnson
kaplumbaga
DragonMaster
pchester
Rat Catcher
TecnoBacon
rusty_shackleford
TrueB
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
kd6dm
EridanusAlpha
bisousbisous
Aleks1970
Sword2012
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 13:02

Previous post:

Thanks Sword I will give that a try !
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 18:00

sounds to me like you are downloading from stalkersoup.com and not stalkersoup.net. the .com is a bitcoin leech and very old and will not work with the new updater.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Xenus
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2018 - 16:12

Hi guys
i follow the instructions from the installation tutorial for stalkersoup.
But i cant install ss cause after i run the game setup an error message pop up:

Runetime Error (at 184:292):
SWbemLocator: not found

no clue whats the problem confused
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2018 - 17:05

Xenus wrote:
Hi guys
i follow the instructions from the installation tutorial for stalkersoup.
But i cant install ss cause after i run the game setup an error message pop up:

Runetime Error (at 184:292):
SWbemLocator: not found

no clue whats the problem confused

Windows 10? Recently updated? This issue has been reported by some. I'm guessing here, but try:

Run "sfc /scannow" to check for any corrupt system files
Reinstall Visual C++ from the following:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (32 bit)

and
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (64 bit)

Install both. If the installer says it's already installed, then do a repair install. For some reason, this is not an uncommon error with Windows 10. As I said, I'm not certain that's your problem, but the SWbmemlocator is part of the Visual C++ runtime.

Good luck.

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2018 - 18:22

Quote :
Windows 10? Recently updated?
No i use Window 8.1 Pro and i dont know when the last update was installed.
I have run the system scan and the result was one error that cant repaired by the system.

Also i deinstall the Visual C++ from 2010 and reinstalled with those from the links.
But the error messages happans again, when i try to run the setup.

Thanks for your answer but i wont work for me Neutral

Edit:
I download the ss installer from moddb and it works.
I install ss but the same error happens again when i try to patch the game with the updater.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018 - 21:08

I'm reinstalling this game for the 9th time. I have Win 10 and a SSD about 500 gb. as my C: drive with a F: partition split evenly. I also have a HHD about 2 tb. as my X: drive.

Reading the installation guide is confusing as it says the game can be installed in a SSD, but not in a C: drive. My SSD is my C: and F: drive.

In your opinion, which is the best installation location?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018 - 23:12

Rat Catcher wrote:
I'm reinstalling this game for the 9th time. I have Win 10 and a SSD about 500 gb. as my C: drive with a F: partition split evenly. I also have a HHD  about 2 tb. as my X: drive.

Reading the installation guide is confusing as it says the game can be installed in a SSD, but not in a C: drive. My SSD is my C: and F: drive.

In your opinion, which is the best installation location?

Definitely the F:\ drive

Even though it's on the same SSD as C:\ it's a different partition so it should be okay. Just don't install on the C:\ partition...

And as it's such a largish SSD, may I recommend that you over-provision it by about 10% to make it last longer? You can do this using the software for the SSD
Back to top Go down
Chef-70
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2018 - 16:39

Changing partitions can also be done in Windows "Computer Manager, Disk Management" or use "Minitool Partion Wizard".
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisecom-ict.nl
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2018 - 20:00

I don't have the option to over-provision it by about 10%. I don't have the software for the SSD, but Win 10 allows for software compression...is that the same?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:07

Rat Catcher wrote:
I don't have the option to over-provision it by about 10%. I don't have the software for the SSD, but Win 10 allows for software compression...is that the same?

No, it's definitely not the same  Evil or Very Mad

Does the manufacturer of your SSD have a software toolkit you can download? Everything you need will be in there

Also, just in case anyone doesn't know, do NOT defrag a SSD. It makes no difference whatsoever, and just wears out the SSD... No
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:31

Thanks for the SSD degrag info...good to know. The ssd was installed by a 3rd party. If I can't find the toolkit.....sounds like a Stalker soup quest...I just install it in the partitioned drive. Not sure of the ssd manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2018 - 22:29

Not loading. I get a fs.game.ltx error. Frustrating!!!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018 - 9:58

Rat Catcher wrote:
Not loading. I get a fs.game.ltx error. Frustrating!!!

Is the error that the game is unable to find fs.game.ltx? I seem to remember some people reporting this in the past. There are people here who understand installation issues far better than I do, but if you want to try just adding the file, I have uploaded my copy here. Put it in your main STALKERSOUP folder and see if it works then.

fsgame.ltx:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018 - 12:54

My solution was due to a version 12 setup with missing files. So I downloaded from a different site and it works fine. After installing version 12 I installed the 17 update and I was good to go.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 16:11

kd6dm wrote:
I don't know if this will help, but I always used it on programs installed in Program Files. Sometimes solved my issue(s).

I recently built a new computer, transferred my separate GAMES drive to it, and nothing would run. Same error as you have. One install of Secret Trails would just go to a black screen and freeze. After running Take Ownership, they worked.

Worth a try...good luck.
Hi kd6dm,
Please advise what you mean by "Take Ownership"
Hi Sword,
When you say the place STALKERSOUP folder on a different drive, my email brought numbers 1 to 19 for 7Zip, onto the C drive and I copied it to another drive then clicked on the first ie "gamedata_dbv.7z.001" at the top of the list, and this is a 10mb file. 7Zip gives me a folder called gamedata_dbv, inside of which is a file gamedata.dbv which is 571mb
As this happens in about a second, I do not know if this is the top file or all 19 of them.
If you can shed some light on this, it would be very helpful. Eg do I drop this 571mb file into the existing program which is on a separate drive or am I doing something wrong. Ie shouldn't 7Zip unpack all the files in one go giving 19 new files please.
I look forward to your reply, Thanks and Best Wishes, TrueB.

Master

PostSubject: Website .net   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 16:16

TecnoBacon wrote:
sounds to me like you are downloading from stalkersoup.com and not stalkersoup.net. the .com is a bitcoin leech and very old and will not work with the new updater.
Is stalkersoup.net an email address for you, TB?
I look forward to your reply. Best Wishes, TrueB

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 16:21

TrueB wrote:
Previous post:

Hi TrueB

Sorry, but I don't understand the context of your question. Are you reinstalling StalkerSoup? If so, at which section number in the Help Guide are you getting stuck?

EDIT: What have you received by email, from whom, and for what reason, please? And where on your system is your game currently installed?
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Update 1.10019   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 16:36

Sword2012 wrote:
TrueB wrote:
Previous post:

Hi TrueB

Sorry, but I don't understand the context of your question. Are you reinstalling StalkerSoup? If so, at which section number in the Help Guide are you getting stuck?
No Sword, I already have the game on a drive. TB sent me 19 files in *7z.001 to 7z019 + 3 files: gamedata.dbs gamedata.dbt gamedata.dbu and also stalkersoup_options.7z
When as I used to years ago, I opened 7Zip and went to where the 1-19 files are, I clicked the first and it extracted to gamedata.dbv size 571mb. If this is done correctly, do I extract the stalkersoup_options.7z and add the 4 gamedata.* files to my present gamedata files please? 
I look forward to your helpful reply, Cheers, TrueB

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 17:05

TrueB wrote:
TB sent me 19 files in *7z.001 to 7z019 + 3 files: gamedata.dbs gamedata.dbt gamedata.dbu and also stalkersoup_options.7z
When as I used to years ago, I opened 7Zip and went to where the 1-19 files are, I clicked the first and it extracted to gamedata.dbv size 571mb. If this is done correctly, do I extract the stalkersoup_options.7z and add the 4 gamedata.* files to my present gamedata files please?

Unless TB has asked you to do otherwise, once they've been unzipped just drop all 23 new files into your main StalkerSoup folder and let them overwrite or replace the old 23 files
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: 1.10019 update   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 17:21

Sword2012 wrote:
TrueB wrote:
TB sent me 19 files in *7z.001 to 7z019 + 3 files: gamedata.dbs gamedata.dbt gamedata.dbu and also stalkersoup_options.7z

Unless TB has asked you to do otherwise, once they've been unzipped just drop all 23 new files into your main StalkerSoup folder and let them overwrite or replace the old 23 files
Hi Sword, It is quite odd, the 7zip gives the same file wherever I click on the list. The first file is only 10mb and the file in the gamedata.dbv is 751mb so it would seem that they are supposed to assemble as one file. This seems credible because Chrome only allows me 25mb in attachments. Anyway, it is working as it should so unless TB instructs otherwise I suppose that it is a way of assembly. Of course my game doesn't have registry entries, so I simply reformatted the external SSD before trying this out. If all works, I will post to confirm. If not, I hope to receive your superbly atruistic help again, regards, TrueB

Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 17:50

I had to break the .dbv file into parts to be able to send it to you and you are doing it right as gamedata.dbv is the final result. The options folder replaces the options folder in stalkersoup main folder.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Actually got it right - Amazing   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 18:42

TecnoBacon wrote:
I had to break the .dbv file into parts to be able to send it to you and you are doing it right as gamedata.dbv is the final result. The options folder replaces the options folder in stalkersoup main folder.
Slowly after a few goes with it, it dawned on me what you have done. A really brilliant idea, and most welcome TB. Many thanks. TrueB

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 21:13

If it helps, my gamedata.dbv file is 571Mb, the same as yours...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Update installation   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Aug 2019 - 5:19

Sword2012 wrote:
If it helps, my gamedata.dbv file is 571Mb, the same as yours...
Thanks Sword. I post via Chrome and it has a limit of 25mb uploads, so to send 571mb, TB brilliantly disembled the gamedata.dbv into 19 parts, and when the first was put into 7Zip, the rest were attached and reassembled as gamedata.dbv.
I then dropped all into my STALKERSOUP folder freshly made for the purpose. And all works okay. Regards, TrueB.

Master

PostSubject: Take ownership   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Aug 2019 - 6:13

TrueB wrote:
kd6dm wrote:
I don't know if this will help, but I always used it on programs installed in Program Files. Sometimes solved my issue(s).

I recently built a new computer, transferred my separate GAMES drive to it, and nothing would run. Same error as you have. One install of Secret Trails would just go to a black screen and freeze. After running Take Ownership, they worked.

Worth a try...good luck.
Hi kd6dm,
Please advise what you mean by "Take Ownership"
Hi Sword,
When you say the place STALKERSOUP folder on a different drive, my email brought numbers 1 to 19 for 7Zip, onto the C drive and I copied it to another drive then clicked on the first ie "gamedata_dbv.7z.001" at the top of the list, and this is a 10mb file. 7Zip gives me a folder called gamedata_dbv, inside of which is a file gamedata.dbv which is 571mb
As this happens in about a second, I do not know if this is the top file or all 19 of them.
If you can shed some light on this, it would be very helpful. Eg do I drop this 571mb file into the existing program which is on a separate drive or am I doing something wrong. Ie shouldn't 7Zip unpack all the files in one go giving 19 new files please.
I look forward to your reply, Thanks and Best Wishes, TrueB.
Hi kd6dm, I see that your link refers to an instruction for Wiindows 7. In Windows 10 Pro, taking ownership is done via properties but is probably the same since it unlocks to administrator mode, everything. But as my Laptop is Windows 7 with only 4gb DDR3 RAM, I will be using the link data to check whether I have full ownersip or not. Thanks and Best Wishes, plus a vote, TrueB

Master

PostSubject: Installation   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug 2019 - 8:28

Xenus wrote:
Quote :
Windows 10? Recently updated?
No i use Window 8.1 Pro and i dont know when the last update was installed.
I have run the system scan and the result was one error that cant repaired by the system.

Also i deinstall the Visual C++ from 2010 and reinstalled with those from the links.
But the error messages happans again, when i try to run the setup.

Thanks for your answer but i wont work for me Neutral

Edit:
I download the ss installer from moddb and it works.
I install ss but the same error happens again when i try to patch the game with the updater.
Hi Xenus, did you manage to intall Stalkersoup eventually? Regards, TrueB.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug 2019 - 16:38

Edit: Coincidentally, just as I was about to give up, I randomly stumbled upon this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I thought the only redists I needed were the C++ ones, which is why I got confused as to why I was still getting Runtime errors during the installation, since I assumed I had everything. Turns out that you also need the XNA Framework which isn't listed in the Installation guide (it only talks about the MS Visual C++ Redists).

I think it would be helpful for the future to either include all necessary redists in the download, or at least list them all in the installation guide.

My original post is in the spoilers below.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug 2019 - 20:50

Massie wrote:
I think it would be helpful for the future to either include all necessary redists in the download, or at least list them all in the installation guide

Thanks for confirming that the three XNA Framework Redistributable files are actually needed for the game. The three versions (3.0, 3.1, and 4.0) are now listed as mandatory in the Installation Guide Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

StalkerSoup installation problems...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3