STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Soul Cube 110017.1
by nemisis1842khann Today at 12:49

» Only curious, nothing game breaking
by pchester Today at 11:40

» Just a few questions and chat...
by pchester Today at 9:48

» Hey, everyone!
by Alphabet Soup Today at 1:16

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Aleks1970 Yesterday at 23:10

» A Stalker's Diary v1
by PhilH231 Yesterday at 20:16

» Dialog 1.1007.1
by pchester Yesterday at 20:12

» How do I fix my save file after 110017.1?
by doggybag2355 Yesterday at 18:49

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

Sword2012

AsianStrelok

TecnoBacon

PhilH231

nemisis1842khann

Alphabet Soup

doggybag2355

Spiked_

MiksaMV

Statistics
We have 556 registered users
The newest registered user is Angemalter

Our users have posted a total of 6564 messages in 759 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 1 Hidden and 1 Guest

Spiked_

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

110013 update

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: 110013 update   Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 23:32

Although it is pretty much ready I still have to test certain portions of it and that takes time which I am short of right now.

This patch will fix the missing bandits and other kill targets in some of the broken tasks but requires new game, I am working on a way to allow those with older saves to still complete them but most likely in 1 to 2 weeks.

Certain crashes have been due to the death manager responding to a death to fast and the self.object gets lost in the transition, now fixed.

Missing quest PDAs have been corrected.

major optimization in the motivator that improves the load out system and better controls who gets a load out and who does not.

More dialog improvements and restored some missing SMS messages in windowed mode.

Added more hints and dialog to help follow the later portions of level up 0.

New HUD features from aleks1970 dealing with radiation effects and meds.

Many more creatures and npc in the Collector unpopulated areas thanks to the extra spawns team.

There more minor things but you get the picture.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 0:39

Can I ask that we concetrate on some of the  other problems with the story mode?
This mode is essential as it creates the first, and lasting impressions on the new players coming in all the time...
I ask that some of the glitches in the story and dialogue recieve more attention, as well as some weapons and detectors not working as they should.

I still have a list of fundamental problems that need to be addressed, just things like the electro anomaly in the old vaillage, it catches on the windmill and constatly gives the electro explosion sound during the game.

Oh, I also wanted to ask if you would make your intentions known, particularly, the areas that you will be working on?
Back to top Go down
Fercyful
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 16:21

Thanks for the news!
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 18:22

There are many minor issues in my work list and I am only one here, I rely on aleks1970 a lot for weapons and other equipment right now and he has done an excellent job so far. I consider him the team leader for several areas of the game and hope to add members to his team as volunteers keep coming forward. I also consider the Dialog Improvement as a team and am trying to determine who is the leader of that group which now coordinates with aleks1970.

We need help in several areas like:
Shaders
Artwork
Ballistics
Smarts
Gulag Logic
Level design and cleanup (need several HOM files)

which I would also like to make teams of.

I have been the jack of all trades so far but want to be able to focus on the continuation of the story as well as recompiling the engine to support 64bit, 1tb ram, 12 cores, new physics engine, dx12 support and 1meg object arrays.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Lowpro18
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 21:21

Quote :
I have been the jack of all trades so far but want to be able to focus on the continuation of the story as well as recompiling the engine to support 64bit, 1tb ram, 12 cores, new physics engine, dx12 support and 1meg object arrays.

Wow i did not know that much work was being done to the engine that sounds very promising.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 10:44

I have a ranking suggestion for consideration. Instead of having Zombie as the lowest, I suggest "Rookie".
Then "Zombie" can be reserved for ant members who receive warnings regarding their interaction with other members.
Regards, TrueB.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 10:47

Hi TB, when you say 'Artwork' please be more specific, eg backdrops, uniforms, 3-D or 2-D, and so on.
Best wishes, TrueB.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 12:03

Hi TB, As I have just reached the WishGranter, and I wouldn't wish the game to return to the prior to 110007, when the suggestion of the base game being sound and updates not affecting saves did not exist. For then the game was in beta mode and if updates are going to mean new game starts, it would surely signal a return to beta.
I would rather you take 2 weeks+ to ensure saves are not affected, and your game can be considered not beta but evolutionary.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 12:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Quote :

Wow i did not know that much work was being done to the engine that sounds very promising.

Do you really mean 1tb of RAM? I have 36gb of RAM which is a lot, and 128gb is the max for most PCs, likewise 8 core is still considered fast. DX12 comes with Win10. So does a 64bit engine really need such a colossal make up of hardware, for I fear this would exclude many players on financial grounds alone TB?
May I suggest just focusing on one or the other, and given how long the 64bit has been discussed, and the capability it would provide, if there is a time plan and possibility of it really being made perhaps the rest should wait, or vice versa? Best Wishes, TrueB.

Last edited by TrueB on Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 4:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 13:40

Yes, I was gobsmacked by the 1Tb of RAM too Shocked

I believe what TB means is that, by creating a game that supports 12 cores of processing and 1Tb of RAM, something that won't happen in computer hardware for a very long time, he's creating something that can carry on being developed and expanded for Stalkers long after we're all gone...

That'll really be a legacy... Very Happy

And who else is going to do it? santa
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Sat 10 Jun 2017 - 9:43

This true Sword, and I always write of Soup evolving. Thing is that the enormous RAM follows "64bit," thus it may appear to be linked. I cannot see, as imo you write, for this to be so, for this would otherwise seem to infer that the 64 bit engine construction is a long way off.
I feel the making of Level 0 totally okay, insofar as it runs without any issues arising, may now be a priority, for if the plans for further levels to be written by TB are being done, which is also up to level 4, part of the Solo player plan, it seems to me, that first each level should work as TB intends, and then be left; whilst Team TB move to the next level and so on.
There is a mod for the SCOP engine that seems to circumvent the 3gb MS Windows limit, thus allowing some pretty large complete mods using that engine, and I wonder if it is possible to apply that mod to the SSOC engine. If so, perhaps it would allow an interim expansion of the present engine's capabilities?
Regards, TrueB.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Sat 10 Jun 2017 - 9:48

It would be good if perhaps a link between this Forum and the 162 member Facebook StalkerSoup Group in both directions can be made, thus bringing more members to this Forum, and not duplicating messages.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 20:32

Thing is that the enormous RAM follows "64bit," thus it may appear to be linked. I cannot see, as imo you write, for this to be so, for this would otherwise seem to infer that the 64 bit engine construction is a long way off.
<SNIP>
There is a mod for the SCOP engine that seems to circumvent the 3gb MS Windows limit, thus allowing some pretty large complete mods using that engine, and I wonder if it is possible to apply that mod to the SSOC engine. If so, perhaps it would allow an interim expansion of the present engine's capabilities?
The current Windows 64 bit architecture allows for 192Gb of RAM in Windows 7, and a mind-boggling 2Tb (2,048b) of RAM in Windows 10 Professional and upwards... Shocked

This means that TB's 64 bit engine will not only allow our favorite game to expand beyond the long-obsolete 3Gb limit right away, but allow ongoing expansion to the game long after we're all gone. That's some legacy!

I believe that TB doesn't work with the COP engine because SoC, NS, and SS were made for the original X-Ray engine, which he has the rights to modify...
Back to top Go down
Lowpro18
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 22:06

@Sword2012

Is there a place we can see the progress of the engine build? like github or something similar?
Back to top Go down
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 9:00

Follow-up.
Wow TB! those specs are entirely future proof! I assume that the game will not need that sort of hardware to run, but as computing evolves, it appears SS will hold its value and capabilities.

Thats for the answer you provided, I have some Russian contacts. the Russian and Polish modding groups are 10 times that of our English speaking side, perhaps if you email me the files you need I maybe able to source the files you're looking for!

I personally wanted to get into some of the map modding side of things, but I found the tutorials were badly written and difficult to follow for someone without programming or previous expereince.

I even went to an extreme and started archiving all the useful information from the GSC website.

As for ballistics, do you mean the weapon stats? I thought maybe we could create our own difficulty levels. for example... 1. Rookie (standard SOC rookie level. 2. Hard mode (standard expert level from SOC. 3. Grimwalds settings and 4. TB Settings.

The weapon values are easy to change and modifiy but require huge amounts of time. I'm sure there would be a dedicated forum member who may be interested in submitting a few settings files for you.

As for the dialogue improvment project I can say that its working well, but due to outside constraints there have been a few temporary delays. As for the managerial side to the Dialogue imporovement Project, I'll get back to you on it....

Back to top Go down
grayxy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 21:00

Regarding technical side of the game, personally, I have been most impressed by NPC's AI, animal alone and/or in a group behavior when I first played SOC. Also, fractions and their wars - loved them.

Regarding design: deadliness and desolation of the zone, scarcity of things, and satisfaction of acquiring something even barely valuable.

I damn hate those transitions from map to map. I really do.

But an AI, and some random changes in ages old positions of so well known places would be a great touch if possible.

Also, damn radiation should be deadly. Geen vapors pretty much also. On many cases, they are just... visuals.

Needless to say, support TB's decisions - just my two cents about what I find valuable in the game. DirectX 17 or whatever, textures and visual nonsense like that all with various bells and whistles, obviously, are not:) That simply weren't the reasons I fell in love in Stalker world...
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 4:26

I have to ask and be 'that guy', because my curiosity is killing me.
@TechoBacon, whats the rough guestimate for the 13 update?

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 14:45

I have to ask and be 'that guy', because my curiosity is killing me.
@TechoBacon, whats the rough guestimate for the 13 update?

You're right - somebody has to do it...  Smile

The answer is that it usually takes a short time after the first announcement

TB passes his latest work files onto Aleks, who starts merging them with his own and gives the Dialogue team two days' notice to complete their latest submissions

The Dialogue team carry out about 1600 independent manual checks over the 149 text files, looking for common errors that may have sneaked in, before submitting them

Aleks checks these 149 files for coding errors, and merges them with TB's progression with the story dialogues

Finally, Aleks arranges for it all to work with the latest version of the Installer/Updater, before it's officially announced ready for download  santa

This is my simple understanding, and probably an over-simplification of the whole process, which usually involves things we wish we'd done, and others that (we soon find out) should have done... affraid
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Sat 24 Jun 2017 - 7:50

Oh god your killin me! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Sat 24 Jun 2017 - 23:33

... whats the rough guestimate for the 13 update?

On Sunday 25. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
Hipster Doofus
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 0:01

It already is Sunday over here. bounce affraid bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 4:38

Ooooooooooooooo its 12:07pm 25/06/2017 here! lets maybe guestimately get this going perhaps!
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 5:47

Any idea if the crash I was getting was looked at/fixed?
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 7:11

Congrats on the first 'new forum update' ! cant wait to dive back in!
Back to top Go down
grayxy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 21:19

Updated the game to .13 via Stalkersoup updater. No problem encountered.

Started a new game, Cordon is ok afaik, but I have a problem with Garbage upon entry.
Responded to Bes's emergency call to repel bandits - but there are no bandits although there is a marker where the bandit boss should have been. Tried couple of times to reload prior entering the map (not using autosave) but still the same problem.

So much this far.

Shall I send a save or is it something with my install?

Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 21:30

Responded to Bes's emergency call to repel bandits - but there are no bandits although there is a marker where the bandit boss should have been. Tried couple of times to reload prior entering the map (not using autosave) but still the same problem.

So much this far.

Shall I send a save or is it something with my install?
Your install is fine. I already informed TB. about this problem, thanks
Aleks
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 12:36

Hey Aleks1970, how important is that Bes bandit group?
I ask because my new game is just past that point.
I went to the factory and helped serity fight off the bandit wave, moved forward and removed the bandits outside the gate, on the hill and behind the barricades, yet serity wont talk to me.
Even with quicksave/reload he still wants me to fight off the bandits.

if these events dont trigger, does that mean i have to wait for a patch/hotfix or can i progress into Agroprom?
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder

PostSubject: Small Patch Fix   Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 14:32

@aZmoDen
@grayxy
@All

Here is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] file which will fix the bandits spawn problem.
Put the gamedata.dbv1 beside others gamedata.db* files.

Last edited by Aleks1970 on Sat 1 Jul 2017 - 15:06; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated MicroPatch file)
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 14:34

bless you ma Lord!
Back to top Go down
grayxy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 19:26

Thanks, Aleks.

While we are at it, I did notice a harmonica in my backpack which I can't sell (I can drop it though). I swear I already sold one before, and I don't remember I ever picked it up anywhere.... Not an earth-shattering thing, but let it be mentioned...

[Edit]
- It seems bandages now heal the whole health, not only stop bleeding (or maybe I've used unintentionally those "special", not the regular ones).
Back to top Go down
StalkerEco
Novice

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 0:46

Hey, i have a problem to find Ghost. I searched agroprom underground and killed the Bandits but Yakut is still quiet and the quest "Find Ghost" doesn't start... Crying or Very sad

any ideas?

thx
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 3:37

Guys... i just killed all the bandits at the car park but the mission is like i don't kill all of them, and trust me, i did everything to try to find the missing bandit or bandits, and the only solution is kill Nimble... what's going on... ?

Edit: Fixed itself loading a previous savegame, guess i just kill them too quickly... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Arthoryum on Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 9:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 8:01

And now, it seems that i can't even end the mission; again...  Rolling Eyes, with Mole even when the threat of the Militaries is over... Suspect, sorry to say it, but i think it is more bugged than before... Rolling Eyes

This game is alive or something... ?, out of nowhere it fixed itself again... Suspect, this time i start the mission since the autosave... Question

Last edited by Arthoryum on Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 9:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 9:12

I had the same thing happen to me, i had to reload the savegame of me entering the agroprom for it to work.
Also i think teh triggers have changed abit, once you kill teh outter military peoples, you have to run down that small side passage and kill the 3 remaining guards and go up teh stairs to mole.
The encounter has changed since i last played from teh start.
Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 9:37

I had the same thing happen to me, i had to reload the savegame of me entering the agroprom for it to work.
Also i think teh triggers have changed abit, once you kill teh outter military peoples, you have to run down that small side passage and kill the 3 remaining guards and go up teh stairs to mole.
The encounter has changed since i last played from teh start.
Hope that helps!

What i did different was let the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s kill all the militaries instead of give them a helping hand killing some of the green b*st*rds... i mean... what??

Sorry, guys... just a little bit frustrated... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 110013 update   

Back to top Go down

110013 update
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: