Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Cannot find the 3rd document for akim
1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeby lv1234 Today at 2:55

» Umpteen controllers
1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 Apr 2020 - 15:58

» Generators or Recon? Which comes first?
1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 5 Apr 2020 - 20:31

» Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2
1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 5 Apr 2020 - 13:33

» Patch 1.10019.1 now available to auto-update
1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 3:13

» Panther: Hey, soldier! You’re in the right place...
1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 9:59

» Request for the R&D office.
1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeby joy division Sun 29 Mar 2020 - 11:41

» Error message and help/support subforum
1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeby Strelok981 Wed 25 Mar 2020 - 15:43

April 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
1.10019.1 So Far... I_vote_lcap1.10019.1 So Far... I_voting_bar1.10019.1 So Far... I_vote_rcap 
lv1234
1.10019.1 So Far... I_vote_lcap1.10019.1 So Far... I_voting_bar1.10019.1 So Far... I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 975 registered users
The newest registered user is Peanutlord

Our users have posted a total of 9960 messages in 1293 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

1.10019.1 So Far...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kd6dm
kd6dm

1.10019.1 So Far... Empty
PostSubject: 1.10019.1 So Far...   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2020 - 0:02

Hello Stalkers, not much activity on the forum. Since it's a 'Problem Solving' forum, I guess that's good.

Started a new 19.1 Marked One game, heading to x16 now. Here's what i've seen that is new/improved over 19.0 so far.

• Stability is vastly improved, with only a couple of freezes, and only where a lot of graphically intensive stuff was going on. IMO, this is the 32 bit x-ray engine showing its limitations.
• Dark Valley is fixed, been there and to x18 3x, 0 crashes.
• So far, everything that's supposed to spawn, has.
• Watch out for the Bloodsuckers and Psy Dogs, they are brutal! BS are very romantic, they love to hug and 'kiss' you, (and suck your blood). Psy Dogs can zombify you, and knock your weapons out of your hands. Much harder to kill.
• Love the wet surfaces, altho they lower fps noticeably...but not too bad. 120 fps vs. 80+ fps with wet surfaces on.
• The new dialogs are absolutely brilliant. They make sense, they have an understated sense of humor, they make the game much more enjoyable.
• (I think) I see a few new weapons models, and some tweaks to the weapons.
Lots of changes/improvements across the board. Thank you TB, Alex1970 and Devs.

Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 1.10019.1 So Far...   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeMon 9 Mar 2020 - 16:38

Well, haven't been too long into the game (been in Agroprom and about to go to the Bar), but I had 2 CTDs so far. One, as I'm just about to enter Dump/Garbage, and one in the Dump, I forgot where.

I didn't get Repair Box from Sidorovic. I tried all the dialog options... Is it normal, or do I need info-potion?
I'm still experiencing freezing of NPCs when I reload. Not always, but quite often.

That's all for now...
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: 1.10019.1 So Far...   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2020 - 14:24

Previous post:

You should get the repair box as a reward for
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
grayxy
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 1.10019.1 So Far...   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2020 - 18:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

You should get the repair box as a reward for
Spoiler:

pchester, what I would do without you, seriously:)

No, I didn't. I thought I'll get it sooner. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: 1.10019.1 so far   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2020 - 3:19

Original post:

Hi kd6dm,
Thank you for the update on 1.10019.1. Please let me know if Waiting Room's exit freezes are also a past thing when you get there. Afaik, I am on 1.10019 but only have the 1.10018 tb3d modders.script. It would be great to have the 1.10019's version of it. All the best, TrueB.

Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 1.10019.1 So Far...   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 18:20

Well, I have a problem with Skull and his group at the Army Warehouses. Running latest update 110019.1.

Just entered AW in this playthrough.

- I tried a lot of things, but it seems Skull doesn't blow-up that wall at Army warehouses in any combination. He and his soldiers start shooting while they approaching the wall, and for some reason the setting off the dynamite never takes place.
I instances where I hear the explosion, the wall still stands. Does anyone have the same or similar problem?

- As for the rest of the issues, I came upon some at Yantar. Randomly, I get a message "Kill the zombies" which is apparently a task from Dutiers from the Bar. The first time I've got it, there were no Zombies near helicopter where the game expects to eliminate them? The second time I did the task and was rewarded correctly, but I haven't took that quest to start with...

- At DW, soldiers sometimes attack and sometimes don't the bandit's base, upon exiting x-18...
- Generally, the whole DW feels little... buggy, in some reloads there weren't chimeras near that helicopter with scientists (the Borov quest to fetch the box), sometimes those loners at the farm don't ask you 800 rubles for that gun they are trying to swindle you about...
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: 1.10019.1 So Far...   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 22:13

Grayxy wrote:

Hi grayxy, I haven't been able to blow up the wall in quite a few patches. Seems like it is indestructible, used to take it down with a knife to provide a shortcut to Freedom base. I've never sided with Duty in AW, so don't know what would happen if I did. Too many Freedom quests are critical to the storyline to turn them to enemies.

I also got the "Kill the Zombies" quest while in Yantar, guess it's an auto-quest, like the Bandits in Cordon. They took their time appearing, but as I headed toward the helicopter, they appeared. Don't think it's a bug. Voronin no longer personally gives that quest.

Dark Valley probably still needs minor tweaking, but Aleks and TB managed to squash the long-standing CTD bug. Have you noticed on other levels that, sometimes, if you die and restart, the game will be "different" with respect to both mutants and NPCs? There is always some randomness when a game is started/restarted.

Keep on stalking and reporting. See you in the Zone!

Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 1.10019.1 So Far...   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 22:25

Grayxy wrote:

Hi grayxy, I haven't been able to blow up the wall in quite a few patches. [snippy]

Keep on stalking and reporting. See you in the Zone!

Damn, never tried to tear-down that wall with a knife... Smile Thanks. Anyhow, I think it's the bug then nothing happens after the explosion effect... I usually take the first quest from the Skull, report him afterward to the freedomers, and clear them before they make any meaningful damage to the base.

As for "kill the zombies" autoquest, IIRC Vorodin gave me the quest, after some time and I did cancel the previous exact quest. Second time I took it, the zombies were there and all was ok.

As for the rest, yes I like randomness in the DW, although it somehow "feels" little... "glassy" in terms of stability. Or, maybe it's just me...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: 1.10019.1 so far   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar 2020 - 2:55

Well, I have a problem with Skull and his group at the Army Warehouses. Running latest update 110019.1.

Just entered AW in this playthrough.

- I tried a lot of things, but it seems Skull doesn't blow-up that wall at Army warehouses in any combination. He and his soldiers start shooting while they approaching the wall, and for some reason the setting off the dynamite never takes place.
I instances where I hear the explosion, the wall still stands.  Does anyone have the same or similar problem?

- As for the rest of the issues, I came upon some at Yantar. Randomly, I get a message "Kill the zombies" which is apparently a task from Dutiers from the Bar. The first time I've got it, there were no Zombies near helicopter where the game expects to eliminate them? The second time I did the task and was rewarded correctly, but I haven't took that quest to start with...

- At DW, soldiers sometimes attack and sometimes don't the bandit's base, upon exiting x-18...
- Generally, the whole DW feels little... buggy, in some reloads there weren't chimeras near that helicopter with scientists (the Borov quest to fetch the box), sometimes those loners at the farm don't ask you 800 rubles for that gun they are trying to swindle you about...

It can be an advantage not to blow up Freedom's wall as Freedom play an important part in the game, wheras even General Voronin refers to Skull and co as renegade dutiers and warns MO against getting involved with them.

In the game, reloads can bring about different results. It is as far as I know, a built in randomness to the game.

Experienced

PostSubject: Re: 1.10019.1 So Far...   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar 2020 - 10:55

Previous post:

Hi TrueB.

I try to protect Freedom base, I just take the first Skull quest because my reputation is still good with freedomers, and I got a nice sniper from that sniper on the freedom tower (in early days, when Stalker was a real survival game, not weapons galore with God-mode devices (Svarog, biolocator etc)  as it is today, that sniper gun was a nice reward). I know Skull will attack the base anyhow, but I just want to maximize earnings from them.

You inspired me to say a word or two about randomness, and other stuff... And I'm bored:)

I'm playing this game in all its iterations for how long now? 300 years? Or something in that ballpark... I even moded a little few years back. Now, I play only SS if time allows, it's always on my desktop...

I remember the first Stalker, it was shocking (I was honestly amazed) for me that the world is "alive". And doesn't always "waiting" for me. That was the single most prominent thing that raised this game head and shoulders above all the shooters I knew (and know iirc). My quests are patient for me to come, but the World - it has its own agenda. The big part of that feeling that the world is alive is randomness. The second is "AI" and its rules. NPCs/animals roam the land by their agendas, enemies fight enemies, friends talk to each other, those stupid little things which make world of difference compared to some other AAA titles of that time, and even now tbh.

I'm fully aware it generates a lot of problems in the level design, but probably, that's why it's so rare and why the levels must be cleverly designed... But, that's another story...

I must confess, I'm yet to find a game that has the same feel of the world as Stalker games have. Almost as a perfect blend between single-player and MMO, but without MMO bullshit (kids, campers, cheaters and those things...).

Actually there is one game that I sunk a lot of hours in, which has a similar feel to the Stalker world, but it's space sim/shooter - X3-Albion prelude and its MODs. It's like Fallout 2 or Morrowind of single-player space sims... Simply amazing. With just a few, but cleverly thought out rules. An art.

So, as you can probably tell, I don't care about "graphic shaders, occlusion, and sh*t" (Stalker graphics was... good enough for post-apoc world) or how many types of weapons this game has, it needs to have enough of course (10ish for each category is like, kinda ok for me), but  I always end up with the standard set of 2-3, all the rest is just window-dressing and wasted resources imo. I never used 95-99% of items in present SS anyway. Maybe I did but just out of curiosity like "Why, why wasting time and resources when there are so pressing matters to fix or enhance in this game?"

It would be different thing if the weapons should be useful in a specific quest or gameplay (i.e. that photo-gun in the reactor room), but as things now stand, basically, there is nothing that I couldn't do with a bandit shotgun and ak47 tbh... And you got it practically at the start of the game...

But this is not a rant, at least I don't mean to be, I just want to point out how randomness and "AI" are those elements which excel in this game.

EDIT: As for CTDs, I have a lot of them at the warehouses. 8GB RAM, it that's of significance... Can send save, this is the ending part of the log:

Code:

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: 1.10019 so far   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2020 - 9:18

Hello Stalkers, not much activity on the forum. Since it's a 'Problem Solving' forum, I guess that's good.

Started a new 19.1 Marked One game, heading to x16 now. Here's what i've seen that is new/improved over 19.0 so far.

• Stability is vastly improved, with only a couple of freezes, and only where a lot of graphically intensive stuff was going on. IMO, this is the 32 bit x-ray engine showing its limitations.
• Dark Valley is fixed, been there and to x18 3x, 0 crashes.
• So far, everything that's supposed to spawn, has.
• Watch out for the Bloodsuckers and Psy Dogs, they are brutal! BS are very romantic, they love to hug and 'kiss' you, (and suck your blood). Psy Dogs can zombify you, and knock your weapons out of your hands. Much harder to kill.
• Love the wet surfaces, altho they lower fps noticeably...but not too bad. 120 fps vs. 80+ fps with wet surfaces on.
• The new dialogs are absolutely brilliant. They make sense, they have an understated sense of humor, they make the game much more enjoyable.
• (I think) I see a few new weapons models, and some tweaks to the weapons.
Lots of changes/improvements across the board. Thank you TB, Alex1970 and Devs.

Hi kd6dm,
It is imo worth ŕemembering when approaching areas of numbers of population such as Rostock to pause and allow the program to populate. I find with Army Warehouses, approaching at an angle and avoiding the main road in helps. Another event that can overwhelm, are animal mobs; tbrd modders.script allows for reduction of these as anything with an "(IM)" in it in the script, is likely to strain the engine. But as you rightly say, the 32bit engine has to be the main factor, and it is truly wonderful that Team TB continue to find ways to expand Soup and improve it too.
I find dedicating the GPU RAM on graphics cards to appearances, and only closing Windows 10 programs, leaving Win 10 services to run, works best for me.
I realise you probably already know all I write.
Happy trails, my friend, TrueB

Master

PostSubject: 1.10019.1   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2020 - 9:52

Previous post:

Quote :
Hi TrueB.

Spoiler:

EDIT: As for CTDs, I have a lot of them at the warehouses. 8GB RAM, it that's of significance... Can send save, this is the ending part of the log:

Code:

Hi Grayxy,
Regarding Skull,
Spoiler:

Regarding RAM please see my comment to kd6dm re Windows 10,
I have 32gb of DDR4 RAM, but as there is the 4gb limit, this is really only useful in keeping the rest of a PC running.
Regards, TrueB.

PostSubject: Re: 1.10019.1 So Far...   1.10019.1 So Far... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.10019.1 So Far...
Page 1 of 1