Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 18 Oct 2019 - 3:41

» Serii Mission
Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 18 Oct 2019 - 3:17

October 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Strange behaviour at Radar I_vote_lcapStrange behaviour at Radar I_voting_barStrange behaviour at Radar I_vote_rcap 
Sword2012
Strange behaviour at Radar I_vote_lcapStrange behaviour at Radar I_voting_barStrange behaviour at Radar I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 881 registered users
The newest registered user is rustjunkie

Our users have posted a total of 9648 messages in 1246 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Strange behaviour at Radar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobrar
Novice

Strange behaviour at Radar Empty
PostSubject: Strange behaviour at Radar   Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitimeTue 24 Sep 2019 - 20:25

I reached Radar today and to prevent getting cobblestones I put my artefacts in a stash. There I encountered the first problem: The Night Stars I picked up in the caves seem to cause no radiation. I carry 3x Glas beads, 2x Souls (-20) and 6x Night Stars (+60) -> no radiation.

The second problem: At the transition to Pripyat I get a Psi Warning message. If I go further, I suffer from stamina hits, but no damage - instead I get healed?
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange behaviour at Radar   Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitimeWed 25 Sep 2019 - 2:09

first problem it sounds like you don't have enough artifacts to counter the radiation of the night stars, You can also put the night stars in a 8 slot artifact container that will lower the radiation coming off them by about 70%

second problem is you didn't turn off the brain scorcher yet, ya have to go up the hill to get to that.
Back to top Go down
bobrar
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Strange behaviour at Radar   Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitimeWed 25 Sep 2019 - 18:37

Sorry, I'm from Germany so my text is probably a bit hard to understand.
I try it again:

1) I don't have to counter the radiation of artefacts because they don't generate radiation. If I spawn additional artefacts (Night Stars, Stone Flowers, Gravis etc.) they don't generate radiation, too.

2) You're right, the brain scorcher is still working. But it should cause damage instead of healing, shouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Strange behaviour at Radar   Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitimeThu 26 Sep 2019 - 7:57

ok I missread about your issue then, the English is fine, something is definitely wrong with you game then if artifacts aren't giving radiation, and health not lowering near PSI fields

are you on version 1.1.0019 ? I just did a playthrouigh on it and never had either of these problems
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Strange behaviour at radar   Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitimeThu 26 Sep 2019 - 9:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sorry, I'm from Germany so my text is probably a bit hard to understand.
I try it again:

1) I don't have to counter the radiation of artefacts because they don't generate radiation. If I spawn additional artefacts (Night Stars, Stone Flowers, Gravis etc.) they don't generate radiation, too.

2) You're right, the brain scorcher is still working. But it should cause damage instead of healing, shouldn't it?
I call that a bonus, bobrar Wink. Though it is best to report these things. If you send the Area of Radar 1 entrance .sav file, together with the .log file to Aleks1970, he will be able to sort it out. 
Personally, I feel the event of cobblestoning when going into areas for the first time, including the "transition" from Radar 1 to Radar 2, should be removed, for there are sufficient risks with Controllers to artefacts without these, and anyway, after the initial warning, MO can merrily go up and down the same route without any further risk to artefacts. 
It seems wrong because two high risk areas have this cobblestoning issue, but surely the whole point of carrying artefacts is to gain protection for MO in these very environments. 
With the Transition from Garbage to Rostok, there is the Duty Outpost to prevent MO going into Rostok before his main mission for Sid is complete.
Why not do the same for Radar, & prevent MO accessing Radar without the protective helmet. Strangely there is no warning afaik for Lab x16. There are other ways of stopping MO from going to Pripyat, ie if the transition doesn't work until MO deals with Lab X10.
Regards TrueB.

Last edited by Sword2012 on Thu 26 Sep 2019 - 10:43; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed 'calling out' request)
Back to top Go down
bobrar
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Strange behaviour at Radar   Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 18:22

Hello again! And thanks a lot for your help. I'm using the latest build 019 and returned to an older save from Army Warehouses and went to Radar again. The problem regarding the radiation is gone, I don't know how it happened before. Anyway, the psi-field still heals MO. I will send this issue to Aleks1970.
Back to top Go down
bobrar
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Strange behaviour at Radar   Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 19:35

I discovered why the radiation stops. The normal Night Vision Goggles as well as the professional ones work like anti-radiation artifacts in the strength of ~ -150. Would be great if someone could verify this, maybe it's just my installation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange behaviour at Radar   Strange behaviour at Radar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange behaviour at Radar
Page 1 of 1