Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Limansk to Dead City problem
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 9:11

» Long time no enter the soup. I get in, so what the...
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeby Artyom Yesterday at 20:01

» Level 0 to Level 10
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeby TecnoBacon Yesterday at 17:41

» Error message and help/support subforum
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeby TecnoBacon Yesterday at 17:14

» Question about NPP (North)
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeby _Nite_ Yesterday at 0:26

» Soul Cubes
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 20:17

» Electro Rats, anyone? Haha
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeby Musketeer Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 18:44

» Gas mask disappears
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeby bobrar Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 10:48

September 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly I_vote_lcapInteresting Dynamic...Military are friendly I_voting_barInteresting Dynamic...Military are friendly I_vote_rcap 
_Nite_
Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly I_vote_lcapInteresting Dynamic...Military are friendly I_voting_barInteresting Dynamic...Military are friendly I_vote_rcap 
pchester
TecnoBacon
bobrar
Sword2012
nemisis1842khann
Musketeer
Artyom
humdee
Statistics
We have 863 registered users
The newest registered user is Tunguska

Our users have posted a total of 9450 messages in 1213 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kd6dm
kd6dm

Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2019 - 23:08

I've encountered an interesting dynamic in 1.10019 not experienced before. I traded early and often with Kuznetsov in Cordon, and he eventually became friendly. (pchester alludes to this in his Guide). After that, all Military on all levels have become friendly, or neutral.
Dark Valley...still had to destroy the tank at the Cordon LC after x18, but all other soldiers were not shooting at me.
Radar...exiting x10, Military was friendly, and took out the Monolith, and later the Avengers when they showed. Kind of like an occupying force.
Pripyat...Again, no fighting the Military.
NPP1...followed the military to the the Sarcophagus entrance, they took care of most of the Monolith. Cool

Don't think I'll take the same approach in subsequent games, as it definitely lowers the challenge, but it was interesting and different.

Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2019 - 23:23

the leftover military after the x18 mission is always neutral thats normal, but the others areas ya mentioned I never seen that before
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2019 - 23:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
the leftover military after the x18 mission is always neutral thats normal, but the others areas ya mentioned I never seen that before

Hi _Nite_ , don't remember that. IIRC, always had to fight my way out of Dark Valley. After paying more attention to trading with Kuznetsov, then the DV soldiers were neutral, but I always thought it was due to the game relations adjustment from trading. Stalkersoup always has a few surprises for us.  Wink

Good stalking.

Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2019 - 4:02

Hi _Nite_ , don't remember that. IIRC, always had to fight my way out of Dark Valley. After paying more attention to trading with Kuznetsov, then the DV soldiers were neutral, but I always thought it was due to the game relations adjustment from trading. Stalkersoup always has a few surprises for us.  Wink

Good stalking.

thats what I am already saying, the remaining military that you do not kill become neutral in DV after X18 mission is completed and turned in
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2019 - 9:53

thats what I am already saying, the remaining military that you do not kill become neutral in DV after X18 mission is completed and turned in

Making the military non-hostile can have interesting consequences later on. For example -
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Interesting dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2019 - 10:11

Good stalking.
Hi kd6dm,
At one time the APC outside the X18 factory would always be there, lately, it is less so and and also less soldiers outside. There were always two soldiers guarding the bridge but these don't always turn up now. The soldiers that accompany the APC at the DV/Cordon transition, lately have been Spetsnaz. Your friendly soldiers throught the zone is a great idea of our modders Aleks and TB. When the bandits are friendly in the DV it would be nice if this extended elsewhere, too. Having soldiers fight along side you against the Monolith must have been wonderful; now if they could be persuaded to hand back Sak's bag...Wink
Regards, TrueB

kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2019 - 16:40

What Came Before:

Quote :
now if they could be persuaded to hand back Sak's bag...Wink
Regards, TrueB

Hi TrueB, 1.10019 playthrough was interesting, to say the least. Sak's bag was not a problem. The Military Captain (name?) was friendly, and I felt bad about the level of "persuasion" needed to get him to give it up. Wasn't in his trade inventory, but was on his body after we talked.
Definitely a kinder, gentler Zone with friendly Military.

Watch your six out there,
kd6dm

Veteran

PostSubject: Interesting dynamic military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2019 - 19:07

Previous post:

Hi kd6dm,
I hope you used Esc+R to revive him  Wink

EDIT: Hi kd6dm, okay, as long as I don't end up at sixes and sevens Cool .
Keep sharp. TrueB.

Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeSun 1 Sep 2019 - 22:14

hmmmm, I see that I need to get someone working on the relations system to make this more in line with my companions feature I hope to be working on soon. I have worked on the arena and made the original one work in both stalker and collector but collector will need a new game to access it. Since the relations can be manipulated that way it implies that the enemies in the arena could also be affected which makes the arena useless, got to fix that!
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Interesting dynamic .....military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeMon 2 Sep 2019 - 4:03

hmmmm, I see that I need to get someone working on the relations system to make this more in line with my companions feature I hope to be working on soon. I have worked on the arena and made the original one work in both stalker and collector but collector will need a new game to access it. Since the relations can be manipulated that way it implies that the enemies in the arena could also be affected which makes the arena useless, got to fix that!
It is even worse when used in recon for I tried it ie the modders keys, and when the one lot were supposed to accept MO for the non.save mission, they turned from friends to enemies, and the mission was screwed up.
However, if you can get Esc+R to work without crashing the game that would be great - some of the time it works and some of the time it doesn't and the game freezes or CTDs. A CTD imo is better TB than a freeze because getting a game restarted from a frozen screen involves sometimes even signing out, and although this slightly better in 1.10019 it would help if it CTD instead; better of course if neither Wink
The one modder's key which is invaluable especially for someone with poor hands, is the Esc+F3. Please keep this one in.
Thanks and regards, TrueB.

Last edited by TrueB on Mon 2 Sep 2019 - 4:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mis-spelling)
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeMon 2 Sep 2019 - 5:07

I am still on level 0 mode on my current playthrough, will the arena work if I load the arena fix on a level 0 save before starting collector?
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeMon 2 Sep 2019 - 17:38

it should but might need to remove info portions if you tried to play it so if it does not work for you then sending me a save will tell me how to reset it for you and others.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeMon 2 Sep 2019 - 22:57

New experience, not all bad, however I realize it's not Stalkersoup as intended. I have the Merc Ring on now, and most factions that were friendly before the ring are still friendly, except Duty.
Duty, enemy
Loners, friendly
Mercs, friendly
Ecologist, some friendly, others enemy. Sak and Kruglov enemy.
Bandit, friendly on all levels
Freedom, neutral, were friendly.
Monolith, Avengers, Last Day ?? Haven't encountered yet.

Just for your information.

Veteran

PostSubject: Interesting dynamic military friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2019 - 8:18

Yep, that's what cheers MO up, they are easier to shoot! Still no-one tells spetsnaz. Trick is to fire near them but not at them whilst moving back towards farm gates. Eventually Spetsnaz enter and engage with stalkers inside, MO waits and mops up, or if stalkers win buys the non-existent gun, and makes more off late rogue stalkers than cost paid. Win-win situation.

Making the military non-hostile can have interesting consequences later on. For example -
Spoiler:

Can be done with less risk to MO though because, top NPC killed out of view, so floor clearance down as long as not in view of those below means avoiding being shot so often. MO can move to right znd only open fire with silencer if no other enemy in sight, or use knife.
Hopefully O'haras men can manage ground floor. And location of military can be noted on the way up.

In End Station introduce mini-games. A destination board could appear as MO walks down the platform giving clickable options for extended forum play:  maze fights; puzzles; firing range; offline team play eg: capture the flag; last team standing including mutants - imagine being a controller! ; non-lethal paint-balling; different locations - desert, snow, mountainous etc, etc.

Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 0:33

Above post:

when I did the merc ring mission on my current playthrough I had almost the same results, except for me Freedom was enemy and duty was neutral

Spoiler:

Last edited by _Nite_ on Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 13:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Interesting dynamic ... friendly military   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 10:17

Hi TB, there is a mod where enemies get the option of surrendering, they can still be plundered (so as not to be a nuisance like the rescued bandit used to be in DV - running after Bullitt). If they then changed sides and went along with MO that would be great. I think the generalisation of all eg bandits wouldn't work since there are lots of missions to attack bandits. 
Tho when MO is asked to destroy the Bandits that gave the trader grief is killed by MO, the next hit could perhaps " ...be taken over by...". 
Perhaps hits targets could present more as they are described to be then the morality of MO carrying out the hit eg if the salesman in the swamp has broken weapons in his backpack instead of normal loner gear, it might add to the imagery as per Sid's description of him, & would justify the only form of justice in the game. Iirc at one time if MO took the mission and then declined he was sent after one of Sid's friends who was indoctrinated into the Monolith Faction - a more exciting and hazardous mission imo.
Please consider TB, when befriending, could it please be by faction so eg whilst a list of names is shown and the player is trying to note all the characters names, they are often shooting him. I have tried typing eg "Bandits" in the past and their status turned to green but just for those in the Garbage by the railway tunnel near the Agroprom transition - a good result.
Thanks and best wishes, TrueB.
Best Wishes, TrueB.

Last edited by TrueB on Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 10:25; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced text)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly   Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Dynamic...Military are friendly
Page 1 of 1