Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 18:37

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 10 Dec 2019 - 21:37

» Moving items
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Sun 8 Dec 2019 - 10:45

» Mauser C96 shoulder stock
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Sat 7 Dec 2019 - 19:41

» Crash trying to open sid's door
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeby takethemonolithpill Wed 4 Dec 2019 - 23:29

» Sarcophagus is heavy on performance...
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Thu 28 Nov 2019 - 18:38

» Crash after NPP north teleporters
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeby Sgtanarchy Tue 26 Nov 2019 - 1:39

» Is Tolik essential to the plot?
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeby yeong Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 8:03

December 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work I_vote_lcapMerc ring in Warlab doesn't work I_voting_barMerc ring in Warlab doesn't work I_vote_rcap 
takethemonolithpill
Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work I_vote_lcapMerc ring in Warlab doesn't work I_voting_barMerc ring in Warlab doesn't work I_vote_rcap 
humdee
Statistics
We have 900 registered users
The newest registered user is wotkipper

Our users have posted a total of 9713 messages in 1257 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work

Go down 
AuthorMessage
run8andplugem
Zombie

Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Empty
PostSubject: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 2:09

After acquiring the signet ring, I head to warlab to talk to Panther. All mercs still in red and I am immortal. I have tried everything from restarts to reinstall with no luck. The ring makes me enemy to everyone accept traders. cannot equip it or drop it. Have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 7:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
After acquiring the signet ring, I head to warlab to talk to Panther. All mercs still in red and I am immortal. I have tried everything from restarts to reinstall with no luck. The ring makes me enemy to everyone accept traders. cannot equip it or drop it. Have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?  

Welcome.
First question is which version of Stalkersoup are you running? Latest is 1.10019. The problem you describe was several patches ago, and has been resolved in a later patch. If it has reared it's ugly head again, and you are running the latest, send save after acquiring the ring, and probably the autosave entering Warlab to Aleks @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Good hunting.

Master

PostSubject: Mercs red   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 12:59

Welcome.
First question is which version of Stalkersoup are you running? Latest is 1.10019. The problem you describe was several patches ago, and has been resolved in a later patch. If it has reared it's ugly head again, and you are running the latest, send save after acquiring the ring, and probably the autosave entering Warlab to Aleks @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Good hunting.
You need to avoid anyone from when you get the Merc's ring until you get to Warlab. If you go direct, you should be okay as monolith are friendly to Mercs, and it is a short walk.

Last edited by TrueB on Sun 11 Aug 2019 - 2:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Data removed as in error)
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 13:45

There is a fight going on
Spoiler:

As kd6dm suggests, it sounds as if run8andplugem has an old version of the game, or else an old bug has reappeared and needs reporting.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Fight    Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 16:04

There is a fight going on
Spoiler:

As kd6dm suggests, it sounds as if run8andplugem has an old version of the game, or else an old bug has reappeared and needs reporting.

Last edited by TrueB on Sun 11 Aug 2019 - 2:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Info removed as in error)
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 16:35

Hmmm... Well, unless it has been changed, the sequence should be:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 18:56

Spoiler:

Hi pchester, as of patch 1.10018 your description of events is correct. TrueB's description is not.

Master

PostSubject: Warlab   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug 2019 - 1:17

Spoiler:

Hi pchester, as of patch 1.10018 your description of events is correct. TrueB's description is not.
Hi run8bagandplugem, 
Spoiler:

,the next spoiler covers the acquisition of the ring which I had forgotten, regardless, I hope all is now clear for you, regards TrueB
Hi kd6dm and pchester 
Spoiler:

Last edited by TrueB on Sun 11 Aug 2019 - 1:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Warlab   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug 2019 - 1:46

Hi run8andplugem,
When you initially entered Warlab, did you shoot at any of the Mercs first? If so that would certainly make them and their friends enemies to you. I suggest going back to a previous save eg Dark Valley or even Army Warehouses may be best imo, rregards, TrueB.

Master

PostSubject: Run8andplugem's post re Warlab   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug 2019 - 2:17

Spoiler:

Quite correct I removed the incorrect bits.

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug 2019 - 7:06

I would like to thank all of you for your input. I am running version 1.10019.  As I recall the first time I entered warlab I waited and stayed stealth and picked up the info from the leader merc in the pool room. I didn't shoot or contact any others. I will try again and start at recon after getting orders from Fang to investigate. I think maybe I used a hand teleport the first time I exited recon. I may have messed with a event in the script. This time I will use the army warehouse exit and follow your guys instructions. Wish me luck. Thanks again for all your help. Proud to be playing the greatest in depth game ever created. Keep up the wonderful work it is so appreciated.

EDIT: No such luck, replayed from recon when Fang sent me on mission. First time in warlab total stealth no one saw me, got book from merc and took back to Fang in Warehouses. Received mission to get ring. Acquired it in radar went to warlab without being noticed. Once inside there was fighting once again. Waited about a hour on stair case. Then stealth to pool room. Panther and body guards still in red and shot at me before I could start conversation. no one else but the 3 knew I was there.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug 2019 - 17:39

run8andplugem wrote:

Hi again, run8...
OK, since you are running the latest, it sounds like a possible bug. The 1st time you visit Warlab, the Mercs and Monolith are fighting. You can safely finish off the surviving Monolith. The 2nd visit, the fighting doesn't begin until after you talk to Panther, and the "Boss" Merc shows up.

Please send the saves I mentioned to Aleks. He might ask for more info.

Good Hunting.

pchester

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug 2019 - 19:52

Just a thought - was everyone dead after your first visit? If some Monolith were still alive when you left Warlab with the book, they might still have been there when you returned. If so, their presence might have turned the new mercs hostile to everyone.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug 2019 - 19:52

I would like to thank all of you for your input. I am running version 1.10019.  As I recall the first time I entered warlab I waited and stayed stealth and picked up the info from the leader merc in the pool room. I didn't shoot or contact any others. I will try again and start at recon after getting orders from Fang to investigate. I think maybe I used a hand teleport the first time I exited recon. I may have messed with a event in the script. This time I will use the army warehouse exit and follow your guys instructions. Wish me luck. Thanks again for all your help. Proud to be playing the greatest in depth game ever created. Keep up the wonderful work it is so appreciated.

EDIT: No such luck, replayed from recon when Fang sent me on mission. First time in warlab total stealth no one saw me, got book from merc and took back to Fang in Warehouses. Received mission to get ring. Acquired it in radar went to warlab without being noticed. Once inside there was fighting once again. Waited about a hour on stair case. Then stealth to pool room. Panther and body guards still in red and shot at me before I could start conversation. no one else but the 3 knew I was there.
Hi run8andplugem, Regarding kd6dm's comments, on the second visit, did you kill or shoot at any Mercs when you entered the second time? If so, that will make them turn against you. But as kd6dm says, sending a copy of the area entry save file, plus a screenshot and save if they are red on the minimap, and send it to Aleks1970. Have you checked down where the small cages are with iirc Snow anomaly because rodents etc show a pinkish red and can be mistaken for NPCs. Ditto Bloodsuckers etc.
If the actual NPC in front of you is hostile, try pausing the game, and press Esc+F which gives you the option to make NPCs like you.
Regards, TrueB.

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug 2019 - 2:00

I reentered the warlab from last save game. I saved it while standing in the stairs before the first room. I wait until the fighting is finished and bio radar shows 8, stealth into lower pool table room where panther and her body guards are located. If they notice me or I start a conversation they become hostile since they are red to begin with.  I took a screen shot and saved game while standing behind them. I'll send it to Aleks1970. Thanks again for all your help.

EDIT: I have the saved game and screen shot, How do I send the files to Aleks1970. Cant find a attachment option in email, or do I have to use my own email?
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Warlab   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug 2019 - 2:15

I reentered the warlab from last save game. I saved it while standing in the stairs before the first room. I wait until the fighting is finished and bio radar shows 8, stealth into lower pool table room where panther and her body guards are located. If they notice me or I start a conversation they become hostile since they are red to begin with.  I took a screen shot and saved game while standing behind them. I'll send it to Aleks1970. Thanks again for all your help.
Try going to Panther and when almost there try pressing Esc F.

EDIT: Send through your own email so [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work   Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merc ring in Warlab doesn't work
Page 1 of 1