:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» CTD when going from Army Warehouses to DV
Download updates Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 14:50

» Housekeeping risk
Download updates Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 11:09

» Sepator died
Download updates Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 7 Nov 2019 - 9:43

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Download updates Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 23:27

» Waiting Room. Level 1 ZEP
Download updates Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 3 Nov 2019 - 2:16

» Cheeki Breeki
Download updates Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 13:10

» How to get to caves for Baldy's quest
Download updates Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 21:53

» Stun grenades.
Download updates Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 26 Oct 2019 - 9:36

November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Statistics
We have 890 registered users
The newest registered user is Adam0

Our users have posted a total of 9680 messages in 1252 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Download updates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Download updates Empty
PostSubject: Download updates   Download updates Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 9:04

Hi, regarding the latest update 1.10019, in the installation guide by Sword, there is mention of removing old Stalkersoup files on first install? Please let me know if this is required with updates as well.

There is also mention of the amount of RAM best for the game, ie to run the PC etc as well as the 32bit 4mb RAM limited program Stalkersoup.
I have found significant boost by turning off non-essential Windows programs. Tweak II that is one of the Asus programs offers alternative options for performance or Graphic quality and often closes as many as 36 Windows programs thus releasing some extra RAM from Windows use.

Administrator
Sword2012

Download updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Download updates   Download updates Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 16:57

Hi, regarding the latest update 1.10019, in the installation guide by Sword, there is mention of removing old Stalkersoup files on first install? Please let me know if this is required with updates as well.

If you have a previous StalkerSoup game installed, and you want to reinstall the game from scratch, then get rid of every trace of the old game first - this means everything, right down to registry entries

You might want to keep your old saves, but bear in mind they may be corrupted if your game was messed up...

There is also mention of the amount of RAM best for the game, ie to run the PC etc as well as the 32bit 4mb RAM limited program Stalkersoup.
I have found significant boost by turning off non-essential Windows programs. Tweak II that is one of the Asus programs offers alternative options for performance or Graphic quality and often closes as many as 36 Windows programs thus releasing some extra RAM from Windows use.

Turning off non-essential Windows programs will assist any application, because you're not just saving memory but CPU cycles too - and the game is very CPU hungry

Basically, you can think that if it's non-essential, why is it even running anyway? To a PC they're just distractions. It's like filling your work desk with non-important or non-urgent jobs that just keep drawing your attention, instead of letting you focus on the main job in hand...
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

Download updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Download updates   Download updates Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2019 - 17:38

this is a precautionary move only needed in some cases and only applies to the auto updater, you do not need to do this.
My improvements to the renderer DLLs allow me to access 4gig not 4mb as well as all memory on the graphics card and is one of the reasons the game can be as big as it is and still remain somewhat stable. Most of the memory crashes being seen now are errors in ltx files that have been introduced by the extra spawns optimization as they were not tested properly by him. I have already fixed 13 of these errors for 19.1.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
TrueB
Master

Download updates Empty
PostSubject: GPU Memory   Download updates Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug 2019 - 2:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
this is a precautionary move only needed in some cases and only applies to the auto updater, you do not need to do this.
My improvements to the renderer DLLs allow me to access 4gig not 4mb as well as all memory on the graphics card and is one of the reasons the game can be as big as it is and still remain somewhat stable. Most of the memory crashes being seen now are errors in ltx files that have been introduced by the extra spawns optimization as they were not tested properly by him. I have already fixed 13 of these errors for 19.1.
An old post but I have a question please TB? You say the game uses all the memory on the graphics card, does the type of memory make a difference please eg DDR3, 4, 5, or 6 RAM; mine is DDR5. In Nvidia there is an option to splitĀ  the GPU memory: half to CPU and half to GPU or keep all in GPU for the card comes with 11gb DDR5 RAM.
Does the type of card affect performance for I have always understood that the number and make and whether the motherboard matches, makes a difference eg mine is currently an Asus Turbo Pro GTX 1080 ti with 11gb DDR5 RAM. If you can use all of the 11gb, does this mean that 22gb RAM would be available if a dual SLI pair were put in, please?

Another question please, TB, related to this one. The above card has a program Tweak II which can overclock the GPU RAM, improve its Graphics, or Performance and usually close about 26 minimum non-essential Windows programs. Is it better to overclock, improve graphics, or improve performance for your use of Stalkersoup please?

I look forward to your reply in due course, thanks and regards, TrueB.

Administrator
TecnoBacon

Download updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Download updates   Download updates Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug 2019 - 16:39

only the gpu ram is used, ram given to the cpu will not be recognized.
do not overclock as this raises the temp of the gpu and can ruin it.
I have found that the newer cards max quality can add issues to the shaders, especially shadows. Performance and quality should meet somewhere in the middle settings.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
TrueB
Master

Download updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Download updates   Download updates Icon_minitimeWed 14 Aug 2019 - 20:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
only the gpu ram is used, ram given to the cpu will not be recognized.
do not overclock as this raises the temp of the gpu and can ruin it.
I have found that the newer cards max quality can add issues to the shaders, especially shadows. Performance and quality should meet somewhere in the middle settings.
So I will set my Nvidia card as you suggest, I think, ie just gpu, and run it for performance rather than graphics to avoid shader issues. I definitely won't overclock it now.
Thanks for your prompt advise. I suppose adding a SLI will just compoud shader.
Best Wishes to you, TB.
TrueB.

Download updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Download updates   Download updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Download updates
Page 1 of 1