StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:44

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

» Yakut does not give a dialog
Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeby SPEC Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 14:26

» For @everyone
Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 0:31

» StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
DUCATISLO
Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? I_vote_lcapStoryline for Levels 1 to 3? I_voting_barStoryline for Levels 1 to 3? I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is Tarin

Our users have posted a total of 12527 messages in 1747 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Empty
PostSubject: Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2019 - 11:49

In Level 0, there is a storyline which doesn't involve a paperchase, though certain main tasks have to be completed in a certain order. If Level 1 is a paperchase eg ZEP, Collector, Caesier. I seem to recall there was some communication a couple of years ago. Now it seems like random creaures attacks on MO while he searches for bags to send him forward. If Level 2 is the same what was to be the storm, and 3, after the storm, I do hope there will also be a storyline again. I understand 4,5, and 6 do contain one.

Last edited by TrueB on Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 8:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2019 - 13:20

TrueB wrote:
In Level 0, there is a storyline which doesn't involve a paperchase, though certain main tasks have to be completed in a certain order. If Level 1 is a paperchase eg ZEP, Collector, Caesier. I seem to recall there was some communication a couple of years ago. Now it seems like random creaures attacks on MO while he searches for bags to send him forward. If Level 2 is the same what was to be the storm, and 3, after the storm, I do hope there will also be a storeline again. I understand 4,5, and 6 do contain one.

I agree. The end of Level 0 leaves several threads hanging:
Spoiler:

I don't know how long TecnoBacon intends the final levels to be, but hopefully at least some of these unfinished plot lines will be resolved to round the story off.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: Soryline 1-3   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2019 - 20:45

pchester wrote:
TrueB wrote:
In Level 0, there is a storyline which doesn't involve a paperchase, though certain main tasks have to be completed in a certain order. If Level 1 is a paperchase eg ZEP, Collector, Caesier. I seem to recall there was some communication a couple of years ago. Now it seems like random creaures attacks on MO while he searches for bags to send him forward. If Level 2 is the same what was to be the storm, and 3, after the storm, I do hope there will also be a storeline again. I understand 4,5, and 6 do contain one.

I agree. The end of Level 0 leaves several threads hanging:
Spoiler:

I don't know how long TecnoBacon intends the final levels to be, but hopefully at least some of these unfinished plot lines will be resolved to round the story off.
Hi pchester,
Perhaps contacting TB with our remarks may help with his writing, for several of these outstanding threads I didn't even know of eg: 
Spoiler:
. There again I was testing only to Generators amidst other Beta members, and so only played through Level 1, though I seem to recall some tasks.
Another niggle is vehicles, for I like driving them but quite a lot are locked and it would be cool if some imo iirc Deus Ex type lock picks were available.
Incidentally, I followed the recipe the other day for the artifact dropped on Fly but dropped it on a friendly deceased NPC and nothing happened. I tried putting in his backpack with the same result.
So not much point in cooking that one, unless it ties in with Level 0 somehow.
I think when I reach the current end, I will complete Level 0! Wink
Best Wishes, TrueB.

Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2019 - 23:15

IMO it is worth playing the complete game all the way through at least once, if only to see what those earlier events are leading up to. Sword's dialogue improvements make it much easier to follow what is going on now, and I can see a lot better now just how the whole story fits together. Understanding why things are happening makes an already enjoyable game even more so.

The NPCs that I mentioned are mostly involved at the end of Level 0, which ends very much with a "To be continued..." vibe. There are other loose threads that I also hope will be tied off eventually, but I guess we will just have to wait and see...

Many more vehicles become usable during Collector, although some do still require a key.

I have never managed to get the Living Heart to work. If I need to bring someone back to life (e.g. if an important NPC gets killed in some random event) I may try the Living Heart, but I end up using the 'resurrect' cheat.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: storyline 1-3   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jun 2019 - 6:12

pchester wrote:
IMO it is worth playing the complete game all the way through at least once, if only to see what those earlier events are leading up to. Sword's dialogue improvements make it much easier to follow what is going on now, and I can see a lot better now just how the whole story fits together. Understanding why things are happening makes an already enjoyable game even more so.

The NPCs that I mentioned are mostly involved at the end of Level 0, which ends very much with a "To be continued..." vibe. There are other loose threads that I also hope will be tied off eventually, but I guess we will just have to wait and see...

Many more vehicles become usable during Collector, although some do still require a key.

I have never managed to get the Living Heart to work. If I need to bring someone back to life (e.g. if an important NPC gets killed in some random event) I may try the Living Heart, but I end up using the 'resurrect' cheat.
Hi pchester, I only wish the cheat was more stable as it as often crashes my game as works and this has happened for as long as it has been available. I came across some ammo marked Stun and marked Revive but it does neither just kills. If it could be modded to do these things, perhaps less killing would be necessary.
I am certain TB will be keeping up to date with these posts and hopefully will tie things off. I have proposed a storyline, so perhaps some if not all of the loose ends will be tied off beforehand or if not then.
I have a half-played Level 0 and now you have made me aware of what awaits, then as soon as I finish Levels beyond, I intend to play right through.
Regards, TrueB

Last edited by TrueB on Fri 28 Jun 2019 - 8:04; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Re-arranged)
Back to top Go down
humdee
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Dec 2019 - 17:42

With full acknowledgement that there have been many changes and improvements to the game, am I correct in thinking that little or nothing has been added to the end of the game (Storm) in over three years?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Dec 2019 - 18:37

humdee wrote:
With full acknowledgement that there have been many changes and improvements to the game, am I correct in thinking that little or nothing has been added to the end of the game (Storm) in over three years?

There is some new ZEP content which is really in preparation for the next part of the story, but we are still waiting for that to land. Check out the end of the 1.1.0018 walkthrough ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) to see what has been added since you played last. I haven't reached the end yet in 0019, but I don't think there were any major additions in that update, mostly bug fixes.
Back to top Go down
humdee
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeSun 15 Dec 2019 - 4:04

Thanks. Over three years ago I was collecting mushrooms in NPP North for the barkeep during the storm. Then I was forced to start a new game because of the upgrade. The only things I have done now that I don't remember are the visit to Cross and decoding the laptop, but these don't seem to lead to anything. Maybe I've gotten more ZEP documents, too. But, anyway, I have nothing to do unless I want to kill random zombies, mercs and bandits.
Previous post:
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Storyline for Levels 1 to 3   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jan 2020 - 12:31

pchester wrote:

Regarding Vehicles,
Spoiler:
am looking forward to next patch for restart.

PostSubject: Re: Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?   Storyline for Levels 1 to 3? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?
Page 1 of 1