StalkerSoup

Everything relating to StalkerSoup...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The '100 Rads' bar...
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeby kaplumbaga Today at 21:12

» DLC 5 content
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeby Tzoun9084 Today at 19:25

» Levelup - general discussion
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 8:27

» Request to have access to all maps
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 2:24

» stalkersoup walkthrough collector guide1
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeby kaplumbaga Yesterday at 7:51

» Music flashdrives in music player
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 11:10

» Forum Rules and game
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 10:20

» New map with new areas ??
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeby ObiWanCannabis Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 13:20

June 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended I_vote_lcapSuggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended I_voting_barSuggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended I_vote_rcap 
kaplumbaga
Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended I_vote_lcapSuggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended I_voting_barSuggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Tzoun9084
Ikaruss
Aleks1970
ObiWanCannabis
Statistics
We have 795 registered users
The newest registered user is sigma3d

Our users have posted a total of 8839 messages in 1128 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Aleks1970

Most users ever online was 144 on Wed 15 May 2019 - 23:13

Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Veteran

Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended   Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jun 2019 - 10:33

Having read recently Tzoun's exciting announcement re Levels 4, 5, & 6, I began to wonder about a possible reason for why aliens might be in the Ukraine, so a possible Level 7 as follows, with my storyline and new 3 areas, only needing one Level .

If as imo it seems there may be a cavity under the concrete Sarcophagus on which the Wishgranter/Monolith sits, as Stalkersoup is a faction insofar as eg architecture in Pripyat is true largely to whenever it was made, and weaponry is very near to its real-life items, then this work of faction could be continued in this suggested story.

If the area under the sarcophagus was lined and developed with alien technology, then the Monolith Stone - MS aka the Wishgranter that is currently for Stalkers a portal that can take them from there to any point of the Zone, could also be a portal for a distant Galaxy; this would explain how any form of Alien or equipment could arrive in the Zone. This would be much the same as driving a truck from ATP to Rostock. That is: MO can go through with 1,000 items plus a big truck. Equally MO can step into the Monolith and find himself in the Agroprom Underground, Swamp, etc. 

The difference being that these transitions are within the Zone and as distance in the Zone takes the same time, it could be that any transition from anywhere can also be instant too. Some Monolithians in Exosuits could indeed be Aliens, let us call them Xs because until I know whether this suggestion is accepted, whatever they are called depends on TB, Aleks and Sword imo.

Thus for even before Stalkers entering the Zone, aliens could have, and scientists such as those working for the Monolith may have  been using the cages etc in the X Labs, and still could...

But during that time, the explosion from Reactor 4, in NPP Chernobyl, may have registered in another galaxy and brought the aliens in larger quantities to Earth, because the X's own mines on planet X are depleted and so are the stockpiles in Chernobyl. The Xs use Uranium for all their power hence a need to have more. The Xs discover either by accident or by informant that there are huge supplies of uranium ore to be mined in the USA (there are active uranium mines in the Ukraine but the storyline needs abandoned mines due to bans on same).

And here we come to the point. North America especially Canada has Uranium mines; USA has the 4th largest supplies on Earth (Wikipedia imo). However, in certain districts of Canada and in some parts of States in the USA imo there seem to be bans on mining uranium, also its price dropped. The old no longer used Uranium mines in banned areas, and their localities could be derelict. These then become useful for the Xs to mine secretly. 

There are rail lines entering NPP on both sides of the NPP, and already modelled rolling stock and engines. If a truck can go through transitions so can a train-load of processed Uranium. 
The trains could arrive into the tracks in NPP Chernobyl and leave US in a similar way. But the Monolith portal in the Ukraine Zone would be needed for onward transport to the X's planet for the while. 

In Roadside Picnic, the original story on which afaik all Stalker stories were based, it seems some employees enter a forbidden area, as Stalkers to get artefacts but only get an empty container. There follows a different story from here but stalking could still occur from metal detector enthusiasts etc, especially if there was quantities of mined Uranium about the abandoned uranium mine, having a similar effect on wildlife as in the Zone.

My idea is another two areas: an invented area in the USA, and a small area of a planet. 

MO and other Stalkers, investigate how the Aliens are getting help from scientists, and how to sabotage the Monolith Portal - MP. In a similar way also to the Monolithians in the Swamp, Agroprom and NPP,  have to be tracked and neutralised before they can take over the entire Chernobyl Zone - see below. In F1 there was another explosion iirc and a prototype MS was damaged; this used to be there. It could have been put on a truck and been sent via the other MS to the USA. To provide a portal both ways.

In the USA after discovering a hole in the wire in a 'derelict' uranium mine, 2 ex-servicemen, employed as outside security  but also amateur detectorists, get suspicious of the hum of machinery and on entering find similar artefacts to those in Chernobyl and find out in the story what is going on. There then can be a meeting via darkside wi-fi, between these ex-servicemen, and MO which makes them realise all this could not occur without local official involvement in the Ukrainian Zone and part of USA. 

The states-side area, needs the Monolithians firmly in place in the area around the mine such as an abandoned town nearby, for Stalkersoup is a FPS & so the story needs this to continue. At the other end ie US, with a sort of local politics in the area of the Uranium mine and the possibility of alien creatures transitioning into the USA and subsequent story of their removal by such as the National Guard, and/or veteran colleagues of the 2 ex-servicemen. Plus the conspiracy side of things of who arranged and financed it from earth. So this begin's to shape up into a storyline suggestion.

I have added to this suggestion elsewhere, but needless to say, initially the Monolithians & Xs - MX succeed in taking the Zone. All surviving Factions are rounded up and imprisoned in the Labyrinth. Gradually, the MX move to the mining area and thus weaken their Ukraine Zone defences. The Miners were not caught and these manage to tunnel through and release the Factions, who have realised they need to work together to destroy the NPP MS and the MXs and their mutant creatures, and find out who helped the move of the Xs, to prevent it re-occuring.

I understand a 'mine' may be available and the Red Forest ones exist too within mines that have tracks inside, possibly "Indiana Jones" style. So the Ex-Servicemen and Veterans perhaps with MO (who as in Stalker Clear Sky has had to flee Ukraine thus continuity for the player) but can move to and fro, just like the trains of ore. (As now amended, in the Public Suggestions Forum.)

If on the American side is a gate of the same dimensions of those in the NPPC, but weathered, rusted and otherwise green, the MXs put out a warning that the USA uranium mine is dangerous due to radioactive seepage of the ore during loading on to the freight uranium train,  to try to put off 'tresspassers' such as Veterans, in order to illegally reopen the USA uranium mine.

In the next part, gradually the story could move temporarily Stateside, given eg the F1 Monolithian transport of their prototype as above but the ramped up security of the USA zone, also gives MO and co, a reason to use the USA MS Portal to go after any escaping Xs. So first, a moving in of sufficient veterans etc to take on the remaining Xs, and discover the conspiracy locally eg a town mayor and his council etc. 

Once completed, the combined forces possibly go to the X's planet X to assemble. This leads to a battle amidst the silent ruins of planet X where only one township remains, either there or underneath the town.  For without supplies of processed uranium that totally powered the planet X, the remaining Xs only have one decaying but sci-fi area left. The Veterans have to overcome, and destroy all especially a boss X surrounded by stronger better armed Xs. Then fixing the delayed destruction of the town and MS Portal until the player and his military friends get back to the states, to destroy the portals and .....? Leaving for the next gamer's suggestions.

My idea for what Xs may look like is in the same vein as the series called "V" some years ago where aliens with non-human appearances use atavars to blend in with humans only revealing their alien features if cut or wounded. So whether an enemy is a Monolithian or alien X doesn't matter since almost all factions shoot Monolith and vice versa. This saves a lot on remodelling - although I do like the "Bland"  MercExosuit for Xs. On their planet, I can probably help with new designs if needed.

Thus A = the story in the existing Zone
B= an abandoned American shanty mining town and, a possible storefront plus townhall eg reskinned level 1 buildings, and
C a run down Alien area of planet X

All these would only need one Level as it is only 3 extra areas.

Hopefully, if liked and approved, for Modders, dialogue groups, &c to take this suggestion up, and I can expand on this as required. Regards, TrueB.

Last edited by TrueB on Sun 16 Jun 2019 - 11:01; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Partly rewritten text plus new ideas)
Back to top Go down
Tzoun9084

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended   Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jun 2019 - 21:31

Greetings TrueB !

I just read your suggestion and belive me you give me more true ideas about my level up 6 on DLC content.
Can you explain how can be the xs aliens? i dont think is best to use monolith on exoskeletons as an alien nature
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Suggestion for new storyline.   Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jun 2019 - 21:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Greetings TrueB !

I just read your suggestion and belive me you give me more true ideas about my level up 6 on DLC content.
Can you explain how can be the xs aliens? i dont think is best to use monolith on exoskeletons as an alien nature
It is still vague, Tzoun. Did you ever watch the TV series called iirc "V"? The aliens in V as far as I recall were really lizard-like but wearing ativars of human appearance, moved about without being discovered. There is a particular Exo that Bland wears that is like 4 metal tubes at the front, which I like. Also on the Ativar idea, Monolithians could have aliens among them.
X is not the name of the aliens, it is just simpler to type X as a representation of any name that TB decides they should be called.. 
Whilst I hope to generate ideas, my aim is a level or more following my suggested storyline, subject to TB and Aleks approval, with help from other Modders.  Regards, TrueB

Last edited by TrueB on Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 15:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Suggestion new Level(s) storyline   Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 0:44

Above post:

Where I mention the Monolith despatching Stalkers, ie MO to random areas with possible goodies to find in stashes perhaps similar to those in level 1, these dispatches could seem random to players' MO but instead could be a transport for Xs. So the stash so nice for MO might the preparations for complete domination of the Ukrainian Zone, only to be upset by that pesky Stalker, MO!
The idea of my proposed suggestion is a move of focus to the USA, for a derelict mine in a sort of abandoned mining town, plus a main street, ending at a Mayor's town hall.
In Clear Sky the story is about MO being hunted out of the Zone. Call of Pripyat deals with MO helping the military having re-entered the Zone.
So it is quiet feasible that as X & Monolithians conquer the Ukrainian Zone using their own scientists both as Xs in Atavars, and human boffins to run the Monoliths. As per the one in F1, to eventually establish a new Monolith portal in the states.
However, since the story needs a happy ending with more US Veterans and similar taking the fight to the enemy:
A) Winning back the Zone and destroying any Monolith portals in the NPP Chernobyl
B) Back in the USA, discovering who allowed the alien access, and closure of the Uranium mines.
C) Using the Portal to take the fight to the alien's planet, which could be desolate on its last legs without the continuous Uranium. Thus could be quite a small area where the Xs main power base is.
e NPP portal and winning back the Zone.
C) Back in the USA, discovering who allowed the Aliens to work uninterrupted - this applies in both Ukraine and the USA.

Last edited by TrueB on Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 16:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Slight update.)
Back to top Go down
Tzoun9084

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended   Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 2:02

Look there is not such a model right now, i only have a predators model to be used as an alien model but i was thinking about it.
Now before start level up 6 i will focus more on other factors on the base of this mod.

Also as you said "My aim is a level or more of my own authorship" you plan to make your own level? if so not to copy you
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Suggestions for future   Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 5:01

Look there is not such a model right now, i only have a predators model to be used as an alien model but i was thinking about it.
Now before start level up 6 i will focus more on other factors on the base of this mod.

Also as you said "My aim is a level or more of my own authorship" you plan to make your own level? if so not to copy you
I simply meant that if my suggestion is accepted, I had Level 7> in mind. 

I thought your monsters were controlled by Aliens rather than the intelligent Aliens themselves. For whatever they look like, MO and company, has to be able to kill them. Eg Librarians are pretty difficult, as are the new fractures, and others in Level 1 which I don't need to mention. A librarian might make a good model for a deathclaw, perhaps. After all, librarians came from Metro, and it seems that as long as modellers can make them, there may be sufficient mutants to be reskinned and adapted for any imaginary creature.

My idea for Aliens is that whatever they look like, they use Monolithian avatars to present themselves to the outside world.

Last edited by TrueB on Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 16:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Slight change)
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Levels 7>   Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jun 2019 - 4:06

Initial post:

It has occurred to me, perhaps a bit late that players enjoy the location of the game.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] >upua shows that there are Uranium mines in the Ukraine oops! So the whole suggestion could equally occur in the same country, except Ukrainiane mines appear to still be in production.
One issue I see with the main venue is that though reactor 4 ceased, the other reactors didn't and thus there would always be civilians still working there. In a recent film it shows that after the sarcophagus area was capped and the new cover put over, work continues.

So Stalkersoup is a fantasy, but I cannot see years of work being abandoned for a new venue of USA, with NPP Chernobyl and the Zone being abandoned.

What I have suggested is a derelict mining town and mine somewhere in the USA where uranium mining is declared illegal. But any animation of a ore train could show it approach a rusty green etc pair of gates, not unlike NPP and transition reload direct to NPP Chernobyl. Ie drivers cab view. Thus the American abandoned Uranium mine, abandoned small mining town and smarter yet small town might all be in the one area. And once stage 3 is reached, leave room for further Level(s), should my suggestion be approved.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended   Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for a new Storyline, as newly amended
Page 1 of 1