Forum Rules and game Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 18 Oct 2019 - 3:41

» Serii Mission
Forum Rules and game Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 18 Oct 2019 - 3:17

October 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Forum Rules and game I_vote_lcapForum Rules and game I_voting_barForum Rules and game I_vote_rcap 
Sword2012
Forum Rules and game I_vote_lcapForum Rules and game I_voting_barForum Rules and game I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 881 registered users
The newest registered user is rustjunkie

Our users have posted a total of 9648 messages in 1246 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

chucksar

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Forum Rules and game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Forum Rules and game Empty
PostSubject: Forum Rules and game   Forum Rules and game Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jun 2019 - 13:28

Erased

Last edited by TrueB on Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 0:33; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Changes)
Back to top Go down
ObiWanCannabis
Experienced
ObiWanCannabis

PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules and game   Forum Rules and game Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jun 2019 - 11:59

I'm not English native speaker so ... for me... to hear swearing  (even in videogames) is something... err.. funny and... why not? It broadens my English skills and a way of learning.

I don't want to be the devil's advocate but... if i'm not wrong "swearing" comes along with the base game and the files needed to build StalkerSoup... so it seems "swearing" is ON by default.
Another thing is when translating (e.g.) russian mods that come with their own language and slang that are quite difficult to translate in english and use the proper equivalent.

When translating you can find synonims that may have different options:
Mad Stalker
Crazy Stalker
Fool Stalker
Insane Stalker

... for an English native these 4 examples may have slight different meanings, but ... again... when translating is hard to choose if that Mad/Crazy/etc is because psycho-reasons, brain damage, temporary losing his mind or... just to make the thing simple: because translator used the first word that came at hand and forgot the small nuances of meaning because, in any case, he's referring to someone that lost his mind... whatever the reason.

I don't censor TrueB post... it's his opinion and we must respect it... maybe the point is... the easy and free-for-all for no reason use of "swearing" words with the intention of the game (SS or any other) to look more cool or appealing to players.
Even in real life the unfamous "WTF" (in non abbreviat form) has became popular and commonly used in ordinary conversations.

Finally... the Zone itself is violent so we may expect its inhabitants to be rude, unpolite, dirty talking, loud mouth and even worse... from Duty faction !
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules and game   Forum Rules and game Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jun 2019 - 19:49

Erased

Last edited by TrueB on Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 0:40; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Erasure)
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re Forum Rules & Game.   Forum Rules and game Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2019 - 10:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[spoiler="Previous post"]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm not English native speaker so ... for me... to hear swearing  (even in videogames) is something... err.. funny and... why not? It broadens my English skills and a way of learning.

I don't want to be the devil's advocate but... if i'm not wrong "swearing" comes along with the base game and the files needed to build StalkerSoup... so it seems "swearing" is ON by default.
Another thing is when translating (e.g.) russian mods that come with their own language and slang that are quite difficult to translate in english and use the proper equivalent.

When translating you can find synonims that may have different options:
Mad Stalker
Crazy Stalker
Fool Stalker
Insane Stalker

... for an English native these 4 examples may have slight different meanings, but ... again... when translating is hard to choose if that Mad/Crazy/etc is because psycho-reasons, brain damage, temporary losing his mind or... just to make the thing simple: because translator used the first word that came at hand and forgot the small nuances of meaning because, in any case, he's referring to someone that lost his mind... whatever the reason.

I don't censor TrueB post... it's his opinion and we must respect it... maybe the point is... the easy and free-for-all for no reason use of "swearing" words with the intention of the game (SS or any other) to look more cool or appealing to players.
Even in real life the unfamous "WTF" (in non abbreviat form) has became popular and commonly used in ordinary conversations.

Finally... the Zone itself is violent so we may expect its inhabitants to be rude, unpolite, dirty talking, loud mouth and even worse... from Duty faction !
Erased

PostSubject: Re: Forum Rules and game   Forum Rules and game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Rules and game
Page 1 of 1