Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?
Moving items Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 18:37

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Moving items Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 10 Dec 2019 - 21:37

» Moving items
Moving items Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Sun 8 Dec 2019 - 10:45

» Mauser C96 shoulder stock
Moving items Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Sat 7 Dec 2019 - 19:41

» Crash trying to open sid's door
Moving items Icon_minitimeby takethemonolithpill Wed 4 Dec 2019 - 23:29

» Sarcophagus is heavy on performance...
Moving items Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Thu 28 Nov 2019 - 18:38

» Crash after NPP north teleporters
Moving items Icon_minitimeby Sgtanarchy Tue 26 Nov 2019 - 1:39

» Is Tolik essential to the plot?
Moving items Icon_minitimeby yeong Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 8:03

December 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester
Moving items I_vote_lcapMoving items I_voting_barMoving items I_vote_rcap 
takethemonolithpill
humdee
Statistics
We have 900 registered users
The newest registered user is wotkipper

Our users have posted a total of 9713 messages in 1257 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Moving items

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeSat 4 May 2019 - 14:59

Hi,
After about 4 hours solid play my hands hurt from moving items eg in the course of fighting through Radar and Lab x10, I accumulated lots of bandages the antirads, the blue and white healing pills, and ammo.
When trading eg the antirads, please consider a new keyboard option of select all, that would either move them into the sell box, or a blue tin and so on. Then using conventional keyys one could back click the number if any the player wants to keep, in the same way as now. It could equally apply to ammo, and if back clicking, please consider 50 or 100 at a time. This is realistic for the ammo, for when years ago, I belonged to a shooting club, we bought our ammo in 50 round boxes.
Please consider this.
Regards, TrueB.

Last edited by TrueB on Fri 25 Oct 2019 - 9:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
fantomas
Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2019 - 2:57

To be able to right click on an item and select how many to transfer! Especially when dealing with something like several hundred VOG-25 Grenades.  

Or something like hold down shift when you drag to move 10 (or all if less than 10 in the stack) and ctrl to get a popup to put in the number to transfer. Can't recall what game had a mechanic like that. Fallout? The later STALKERS?
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeMon 6 May 2019 - 1:09

Fallout does and I like the idea of using an alternate invoke instead of always popping up as I got tired of that in Fallout. I will make sure it goes into the suggestion list.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
TrueB
Master

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Items   Moving items Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2019 - 8:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Fallout does and I like the idea of using an alternate invoke instead of always popping up as I got tired of that in Fallout. I will make sure it goes into the suggestion list.
Thanks TB. The transfer is vastly improved though. Before a certain point in the game accummulation of items is more important than money, and then ....
I now keep items of kinds so eg guns and ammo; artefacts; mission items; uniforms plus one for everything else 🙄
It is the everything else that accummulates, especially bandages and bread. I found eg after the NPP I had over 100 of bandages. That's a lot of tapping.
All the best 
TrueB.

Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeThu 24 Oct 2019 - 10:15

Ultima 7 had a nice interface for dealing with large stacks of items.
Back to top Go down
Musketeer
Experienced

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeThu 24 Oct 2019 - 12:06

+1 on the idea. Otherwise everybody's finger will be like Arnold S. arm...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Moving things   Moving items Icon_minitimeFri 25 Oct 2019 - 9:28

+1 on the idea. Otherwise everybody's finger will be like Arnold S. arm...
Perhaps pressing "alt" whilst clicking on items eg 100 Vog grenades if update allows for this?
Imo NPCs would be unlikely to carry 89 or so grenades, yet they still occur in large numbers and when under fire, it is simpler sometimes to grab all, but not so when it comes to sorting out what has been taken.
Spoiler:

I have temporarily stopped playing due to rsi-type pain in my index finger from tapping.

Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2019 - 18:57

I've come up with a solution while we all wait for the next version to come out.
This requires the program AutoHotKey. Please search online for it - it is a widely used and trustworthy program (please download from the official source!).
After installation, create a new plain text file. Inside, paste the following code:

Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2

F12::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Click
Sleep 1
}
return

Feel free to change the "F12" with the keyboard hotkey of your choice (make sure it doesn't interefere with your game keybinds!). Also, to slow down the rate of clicking, increase the number "1" after "Sleep 1".
Save the file with any name you like, but the extension needs to be ".ahk" (for autohotkey script, I just named mine CLICKER.ahk).
Now double click the script you just saved, and a little "H" icon should appear in your tray, indicating that the script is loaded and active (the icon should be green).
To use the script, simply place your cursor where you want to repeatedly click and press the hotkey. The clicks will begin (and depending on your system load, it will be FAST). To stop the clicks, press the hotkey again.
This is where things can get hairy: whenever you press your hotkey, whatever is under your cursor will begin left clicking FAST, regardless of whatever program you are in. Please be careful as this could cause unintended effects to your system (like closing a window, or worse!). Treat the hotkey like a gun's trigger while the script is active!
Your mileage may vary, AHK may or may not work on your system as it did mine - AHK seems to work a bit differently from system to system, especially when it involves clicking in games.
All I know is, now I can stare down that stack of 9x18 FMJ with confidence santa
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2019 - 23:51

Previous post:

Hi cullinaire

I tried your idea, but when I 'double click the script' part, I get this

Moving items Screen15

Maybe if you can explain a bit further, we can give it another try, please Smile
Back to top Go down
cullinaire
Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2019 - 0:06

Are you running the latest version of AHK? That's the only thing I can think of right now.
Then again, that feature has been in the program since 2006, so I doubt that's the issue.

One thing you can try is deleting the offending line altogether. I just tried it and it still works.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2019 - 0:58

Previous post:

I first used the official site's Current Download v.1132.00. Then I tried v2.0 Alpha, which wouldn't install in 32 or 64 bit. So I went back to v.1132.00 and deleted the faulty line, and the program ran as you described

Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me in the game. Hovering the cursor over an item in the Inventory, and pressing my hotkey, did absolutely nothing - though left clicking as normal worked okay... Sad

I'm clearly doing something wrong. Maybe you could create a step-by-step installation and usage guide, checking and documenting each stage. Then if it works okay for those unfamiliar with scripts, it can be included in the game's Help Guide I love you
Back to top Go down
cullinaire
Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2019 - 1:00

Well, just had the first of the many "disasters" befall me whilst using this!

I was getting dog's tails out of my Bar stash, using the clicker, and the cursor drifted into the "Take all" button. Naturally, SS could not take the sheer brutality of such a move and promptly crashed...

...and that's not all. The clicker was still going wild, and the cursor then went all over my open browser window and even more shenanigans. Think of a bull in a china shop...
Back to top Go down
cullinaire
Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2019 - 1:11

Previous post:

I first used the official site's Current Download v.1132.00. Then I tried v2.0 Alpha, which wouldn't install in 32 or 64 bit. So I went back to v.1132.00 and deleted the faulty line, and the program ran as you described

Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me in the game. Hovering the cursor over an item in the Inventory, and pressing my hotkey, did absolutely nothing - though left clicking as normal worked okay... Sad

I'm clearly doing something wrong. Maybe you could create a step-by-step installation and usage guide, checking and documenting each stage. Then if it works okay for those unfamiliar with scripts, it can be included in the game's Help Guide I love you

It's weird because I too had the issue where the AHK inputs would work in regular windows, but not when in game. Well, there was a script that DID work from the beginning (toggle aim down sights) but something as simple as left clicking something would not work no matter what I tried (and there are a LOT of stuff to try in AHK!). Then one day I tried this simple script and it just started working...
One of the biggest issues from what I researched was the different ways different versions of Windows handles inputs, as well as different programs such as games. Some games actively block programs like AHK to reduce the possibility of cheating, although I don't think that would be a problem in STALKER.
Therefore, I fear that there might not necessarily be a one size fits all solution when using AHK unless someone much better at scripts than I can think of something.

EDIT: One thing you may try is when executing the script (make sure any existing instances are closed), instead of double clicking it, right click it and select "run as administrator".

This was one of the possible "solutions" offered back when nothing worked. Strangely, now, I literally don't have to do jump through ANY hoops to get it to work including running as administrator. I wish I could figure out exactly what I did to get to this point, but I can't point to a particular moment right now.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2019 - 21:22

Previous post:

I just tried it again, to see if I was doing anything wrong. Installed from scratch, but this time with the ANSI startup option. This time it ran with the previously faulty line of code, and also worked in Windows to prove I was using it properly

But it didn't do anything in-game for me, so I can't use nor recommend it. If you find out how to make it work for the game, please feel free to resubmit your idea in more detail Wink
Back to top Go down
cullinaire
Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2019 - 22:32

Question for you: Are you running Windows 8 or 10? Or something else? Is the account that you're playing SS in an administrative or standard ("local") account? In either case, when you run SS, is it run "as administrator"?

All of my research regarding AHK not working in-game seems to point to windows with admin privileges. In some cases, even running the script as admin doesn't seem to fix the issue. Therefore, the real fix may be not running SS as admin, so that hurdle is bypassed.

In my particular case (in which everything is working as intended), I am running Windows 10 with the latest updates, on a standard non-admin account. SS is not running with admin privileges, nor is the AHK script.

To test the theory, I tried purposefully running SS as admin (by right clicking and selection Run As Administrator). The scripts stopped working. After quitting the game and re-running it immediately without the admin privileges, the script worked.

For those who are able to get things working, here's an updated script which prevents the script from running out of the game window (to prevent disasters with browsers, etc) and also includes an ADS toggle (when using the default right-click). **I realized that the ADS addition interferes with the right click function when using the inventory as written here. Will try to figure out how to fix it...

Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
#SingleInstance Force
#IfWinActive, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl

*RButton Up::
if (Toggle := !Toggle){
 Send {Click Down Right}
}
else{
 Send {RButton up}
}
return

While Toggle{
Click
Sleep 1
}
return

#IfWinActive
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2019 - 0:13

Question for you: Are you running Windows 8 or 10? Or something else? Is the account that you're playing SS in an administrative or standard ("local") account? In either case, when you run SS, is it run "as administrator"?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, as administrator
Back to top Go down
cullinaire
Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2019 - 2:36

Try this one, I found the admin elevation code while searching for "AHK issues with Windows 7". Note that I don't run Windows 7 myself so I am not able to test whether this will work or not (it works for me in Windows 10).

Code:

Loop, %0%  ; For each parameter:
  {
    param := %A_Index%  ; Fetch the contents of the variable whose name is contained in A_Index.
    params .= A_Space . param
  }
ShellExecute := A_IsUnicode ? "shell32\ShellExecute":"shell32\ShellExecuteA"

if not A_IsAdmin
{
    If A_IsCompiled
       DllCall(ShellExecute, uint, 0, str, "RunAs", str, A_ScriptFullPath, str, params , str, A_WorkingDir, int, 1)
    Else
       DllCall(ShellExecute, uint, 0, str, "RunAs", str, A_AhkPath, str, """" . A_ScriptFullPath . """" . A_Space . params, str, A_WorkingDir, int, 1)
    ExitApp
}

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
#SingleInstance Force

While Toggle{
Click
Sleep 1
if !WinActive("S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl")
 return
}
return

#IfWinActive

One more thing (I'm just assuming here), be sure to test the hotkey activation once you're actually in a game. I noticed that the clicks only work intermittently when you're in the main menu, but as soon as you load a game it seems to work more reliably.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2019 - 12:51

Previous post:

Moving items Screen18
Back to top Go down
cullinaire
Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2019 - 17:56

Truly perplexing, I just copy/pasted the exact code from the box above into a new text file on my PC, and did not receive that error.
Now I am wondering if subtle encoding issues (like the ANSI startup you mentioned - something I never even saw during my installation) is causing problems.
Back to top Go down
cullinaire
Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2019 - 8:29

Just a small update - I reinstalled SS today as I got a SSD in hopes of improving the load times (it did, although not as much as I hoped). In the process of the reinstallation, the initial launch of the game for some reason ran it under administrative privileges. I initially noticed this when the quicksaves saved as "administrator_quicksave" instead of the usual "username_quicksave" that I was getting with the prior install.
I checked the process with task manager - and sure enough - the game was running with admin privs. At this point in time, the AHK script that had been working for me with the last install no longer worked in game.
I exited out of the game, and relaunched it (closed the launcher too, and re-loaded the launcher & the game - it seems that the XR_3DA.exe inherits the privs of the launcher). For some reason, this time the game started without the admin privs. I didn't do anything special, just ran it under a non-admin account although this didn't stop the game from running under admin privs in the prior launch.
And sure enough, the script started working again.
Back to top Go down
cullinaire
Novice

Moving items Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving items   Moving items Icon_minitimeSun 8 Dec 2019 - 10:45

I've further refined the script. Instead of a toggle, now the clicking will only occur while the hotkey is held down. Hopefully this reduces the chances of runaway clicking  Razz. Also, this time I managed to add the ADS toggle without affecting the right click behavior in the inventory screen! Note that the script assumes default keybinds for all affected commands (RMB for ADS, and "i" for inventory)

Code:

/*
Aim Down Sights Toggle and Hotkey for repeat clicking for inventory management
AutoHotkey script
by Cullinaire for the StalkerSoup forum
version 1 released on 12/8/2019

To use, just position the cursor over the inventory stack you want repeatedly clicked and hold down
the hotkey for as long as you like. Release the hotkey to stop the clicking.
Beware, if the mouse cursor is allowed to move while the key is held down, you may encounter disastrous
results!

To change the mouse clicker hotkey, search for all instances of "F12" and change to desired key
which is not already bound to a game command.

The ADS section assumes the default keybinds of Right mouse button for aiming and "i" for inventory.
Both need to reflect your own keybinds if any of them have changed, or the script will not work.
The right click can be finicky going into ADS, especially if the game is chugging. You'll have better success
holding the button down slightly longer rather than a quick click. Or just click again until you
enter the ADS.
*/

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
maintoggle = false
invtoggle = 0 ;Should be 0 if inventory/dialogue is not open. Or in other words, when you can shoot the gun.
mousetoggle = false

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
#SingleInstance Force

*F12::
Loop
{
 Click
 Sleep, 10
 if !GetKeyState("F12", "P") ;The key was released, so break out of loop
 break
}
return

;While there are multiple ways inventory can be entered, the only one we care about is the I screen, which is the only inventory which takes right clicks.
;In this case, either I or ESC will exit out of the inventory and the ADS toggle behavior can resume

~i::
if (invtoggle == 0)
{
 invtoggle = 1
}
else
{
 invtoggle = 0
}
return

~Esc:: ;this can never open the inventory, only close it. Therefore it can only set invtoggle to false.
invtoggle = 0
return

*RButton Up::
if (mousetoggle := !mousetoggle){
 if (invtoggle == 0)
 {
 Send {Click Down Right}
 }
}
else
{
 Send {RButton up}