STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Game crash from the Launcher
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby ObiWanCannabis Today at 13:07

» X-16 teleport to inside of Brain didn't come up...
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby pchester Today at 9:58

» Avengers with no inventory
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 5:22

» Freezes in level1
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 5:08

» Dead City protection not removed
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby ObiWanCannabis Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 14:48

» Error message and help/support subforum
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby TheDLord Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 12:35

» Game freezes in 1.10018
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 10:18

» Find the Fleshes for Hog
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sat 13 Apr 2019 - 15:00

April 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Sid's words to MO I_vote_lcapSid's words to MO I_voting_barSid's words to MO I_vote_rcap 
ObiWanCannabis
Sid's words to MO I_vote_lcapSid's words to MO I_voting_barSid's words to MO I_vote_rcap 
pchester
AsianStrelok
kd6dm
Sword2012
TheDLord
td3005
Statistics
We have 738 registered users
The newest registered user is begunvalkery

Our users have posted a total of 8434 messages in 1053 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Sid's words to MO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Experienced

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2019 - 10:39

Hi, I just got back from the cave, and Sid says "The choice is yours..." etc.
But it isn't because in vanilla SSOC the choice of "brainwashing" is really where Sid goes through the workings of MO's PDA and so on. But in Ssoup there is only a job but no choice. Perhaps, if the first voice sound was omitted and the written quote reads, " Got a job for you.. as in vanilla SSOC, that way there would be no misunderstanding regarding whatever Sid is on about.
I hope feedback is useful guys.

Administrator
Sword2012

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2019 - 12:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
... Perhaps, if the first voice sound was omitted and the written quote reads, " Got a job for you.. as in vanilla SSOC, that way there would be no misunderstanding regarding whatever Sid is on about

Are you able to post a screenshot of that scene, please, so the text to be changed can be identified?

Either that, or quote the existing text exactly so it can be found, please

To anyone suggesting a text error or change, please supply a screenshot (usually F12 or PrtScn) to help us find it amongst the 4.9Mb of text spread throughout 155 files... No

Any error submitted will always be acted on immediately, and credit given santa
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Experienced

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2019 - 15:03

Hi Sword,
It is the first conversation in English Sid has with MO after the cave and detox drink. The point is that Sid says "the choice is yours" which I think is verbatim, and there is no choice because MO is offered the Nimble job. There isn't the vanilla offer of a pda instruction. If Ssoup is to be a complete game eventually, then there are likely to be new players, who do not know how the PDA woks.
The mini-tutorial on the  PDA in SSOC imo was very helpful. Afaik, though, at the end of the training iirc, MO still gets  the Nimble job, but at least players can understand what the PDA does.

EDIT: I have just realised that Sid's words, could be okay as they are. If the SSOC is followed then the choice was either a pda lesson first or straight to the Nimble quest. However, there is a Stalkersoup dialogue over MO's reaction to the Makarov, that MO complains to Sid for issuing MO with it. Sid's alternative for MO was to return MO to a death truck! So MO takes the survival choice of not being killed  Crying or Very sad !

Administrator
Sword2012

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2019 - 14:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Above post:

Thank you. By searching for 'Makarov' I was able to check that part of the file. MO is still disorientated, sick, tired, and p*ssed off with Sid taking advantage of his memory loss. As the game progresses he'll mature, become more compassionate, and choose his words more carefully...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sid's words to MO
Page 1 of 1