Arnie going crazy... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 10:20

» New map with new areas ??
Arnie going crazy... Icon_minitimeby ObiWanCannabis Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 13:20

June 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Arnie going crazy... I_vote_lcapArnie going crazy... I_voting_barArnie going crazy... I_vote_rcap 
kaplumbaga
Arnie going crazy... I_vote_lcapArnie going crazy... I_voting_barArnie going crazy... I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Tzoun9084
Ikaruss
Aleks1970
ObiWanCannabis
Statistics
We have 795 registered users
The newest registered user is sigma3d

Our users have posted a total of 8839 messages in 1128 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Aleks1970

Most users ever online was 144 on Wed 15 May 2019 - 23:13

Arnie going crazy...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
humdee
Novice

Arnie going crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Arnie going crazy...   Arnie going crazy... Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 5:00

For no obvious reason, early in the game Arnie (in the bar) went enemy on me and I had to kill him. Anyone experience this?
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Arnie going crazy...   Arnie going crazy... Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 10:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
For no obvious reason, early in the game Arnie (in the bar) went enemy on me and I had to kill him. Anyone experience this?

Did you take anything from a nearby table? If an NPC sees you 'stealing', they may turn hostile. Occasionally Arnie can die at the hands on the Marked One or a passing bandit. When this happens, assuming that everyone else doesn't turn on you (which would happen if you attacked him first), another NPC will eventually be made Arena Manager in his place.

If you want to 'set things right', you may be able to turn him back to neutral using the Attitude Menu (ESC-F). The menu instructions say "Enter the section, and name of the desired NPC, separated by a comma" but you only need to enter the name. However, you have to enter the name as it appears in the game code, which may be different from what is shown on the screen. Fortunately the game helps you if you enter the wrong name, by listing the in-code names of all the nearby NPCs. If it is a long list, it will scroll off the screen, so look in your diary's Messages window to see them all. If you can see one that looks reasonable, save the game and give it a try.

I just tried this when Arnie was in the bar. "Arnie" didn't work, but among the NPCs listed I found aem_arny38400. I can't test this as he is already friendly to me and I don't feel like aggravating him first, but it might be worth a try. (NB: in your list the number following "arny" might be different. It looks to me as if the game has added it to the arnie name stub and I don't know how that works.)
Back to top Go down
humdee
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Arnie going crazy...   Arnie going crazy... Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 15:31

Thanks.
I did nothing to get Arnie upset, but there was a guy who came into Zahar's place and for no reason tried to whack me. I whacked him, but Arnie could not have seen that.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Arnie going crazy...   Arnie going crazy... Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2019 - 16:03

In general, if an NPC sees you attack another NPC, you will lose reputation in his eyes. If that takes you below a certain threshold, he will become hostile. If an NPC attacks you first (possibly because you were seen doing something to one of his faction elsewhere) then other NPCs won't interfere if you defend yourself.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Arnie going crazy.   Arnie going crazy... Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2019 - 4:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In general, if an NPC sees you attack another NPC, you will lose reputation in his eyes. If that takes you below a certain threshold, he will become hostile. If an NPC attacks you first (possibly because you were seen doing something to one of his faction elsewhere) then other NPCs won't interfere if you defend yourself.
There is a hit mission for an NCP in Military Warehouses, and if this is done Father Didor attacks MO.
Re testing if things may work, I found that if I did a hard save, then tried out whatever eg the make friendly, pchester, and it didn't work, then to reload that save, would take me back to where I began that test. 
Very useful re the need for code and the codes of everyone in the place showing. Your encyclopaedic knowledge of Stalkersoup, is a real boon, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Arnie going crazy...   Arnie going crazy... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arnie going crazy...
Page 1 of 1