StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Jowien
New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! I_vote_lcapNew book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! I_voting_barNew book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1746 registered users
The newest registered user is dafa2

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Musketeer
Experienced

New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Empty
PostSubject: New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!   New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 20:11

Svetlana Alexijevic - Černobyl’skaja molitva

I am warning you though, it is total brutal hardcore - it is full of stories like this:

1. Woman getting crazy after fact, that she killed her liquidator husband by letting him to talk to her heavily irradiated unborn baby, which causes sooner dead for him and her abortion because he was glowing too.

2. Man drinking to death after being forced days to no end to kill animals, like little puppies and kittens which trusted him and seeks cover near... Then his son asks if he is hero if he has medal from here?

3. Girl born without kidneys whose parents must each hour by hand remove urine, otherwise she die.

It is the type of book YOU WILL please GOD / Buddha, EL Diablo, whoever to let it forget about it! It is something like Gulag - it WILL carve into your soul forever!

When you look into the darkness, the Darkness WILL look INTO YOU!

Last edited by Musketeer on Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 21:55; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!   New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 20:29

Musketeer wrote:
Svetlana Alexijevic - Černobyl’skaja molitva

Thank you very much for this recommendation...
Back to top Go down
Musketeer
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!   New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 20:31

It is Belorussian in original seems, I do hope it will be translated to some major languages - in Czech it is...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!   New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 22:28

Musketeer wrote:
It is Belorussian in original seems, I do hope it will be translated to some major languages - in Czech it is...

AFAICS, Černobyl’skaja Molitva has been translated to English twice

Voices from Chernobyl : Chronicle of the Future - 1999

Voices from Chernobyl : the Oral History of a Nuclear Disaster  - 2005

Also to French, Spanish, Swedish, and German

The author, Svetlana Alexievich, was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2015

From what I've read it's definitely worth checking out, even though, as you say, the memoirs look horrific ...
Back to top Go down
Musketeer
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!   New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 22:33

Now I see it! It is newly published just for CZECH ha! Horrific is not exactly the word... It is as touching as is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!   New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 22:34

Musketeer wrote:
Now I see it! It is newly published just for CZECH ha! Horrific is not exactly the word... It is as touching as is terrible.

Yes, that's a far better description...
Back to top Go down
Musketeer
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!   New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 22:39

Anyway. Recommended to anyone who wants more personal insight on Zone... If you can handle it without 2-3 psychologists / screws...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!   New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitimeSat 9 Feb 2019 - 11:47

Hi, there are some interesting YT videos on the time when the population was removed and the town abandoned and comparison of the recognisable areas in the game then and now. Regards, TrueB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!   New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New book about Chernobyl and the Zone - Not for everyone!
Page 1 of 1